P.J.FLECK to Purdue......

A win over a Big Ten team and a regular season MAC title with an 8-0 league record. Then once the coaching staff leaves, a team made up mostly of their recruits reaches the Orange Bowl the following year? Gee, just imagine.

Kill never won a regular season MAC title

No - Fleck hasn't either.
Good point.

Kill's team had multiple losses though. And they haven't made an orange bowl the year after Fleck left either. So really it is a horrible comparison all around

Unlike Kill, Fleck does not have serious medical issues hanging over him.

Also unlike Kill, Fleck coaches football currently

Also unlike Kill, he's a greenhorn HC who does not have a proven track record of success. Shiny new coaching object...

That's the point...mid-major to mid-major.

Meyer was at Bowling Green and Utah a total of 4 years before went to Florida. The same number of years Fleck has been at Western Michigan.

Do you think if Meyer wouldn't have went to Utah, he would have failed as a head coach? You either got what it takes or you don't.

Do you think if Meyer wouldn't have went to Utah, he would have failed as a head coach? You either got what it takes or you don't.

Correct. Fleck took what he has learned under Schiano and Kill, tweaked and implemented for four years at Western Michigan. The result is building a program that has improved every year and is perfect on the season. He currently has his 2017 recruiting class ranked ahead of 35 P5 teams.

I think he gets it.

Meyer was at Bowling Green and Utah a total of 4 years before went to Florida. The same number of years Fleck has been at Western Michigan.

Meyer was an assistant for 12+ years before getting a head coaching job.

Meyer was an assistant for 12+ years before getting a head coaching job.

And by assistant you mean position coach for 12+ years. He was never a coordinator before going to Bowling Green.

Fleck was an assistant or position coach for 7 years including a year in the NFL, something Urban has never done.

And by assistant you mean position coach for 12+ years. He was never a coordinator before going to Bowling Green.

Fleck was an assistant or position coach for 7 years including a year in the NFL, something Urban has never done.

So was Brewster.

Correct. Fleck took what he has learned under Schiano and Kill, tweaked and implemented for four years at Western Michigan. The result is building a program that has improved every year and is perfect on the season. He currently has his 2017 recruiting class ranked ahead of 35 P5 teams.

I think he gets it.

Schiano, Tressel, Kill, and Mike Nolan have had a major impact on how he has developed as a Coach. That's a good "Tree".

Sorry I didn't lay it out for you...including a year in the NFL.

Guess we'll have to see who Purdue hires and where this guy ends up, since he's obviously outgrown WMI in your estimation. My guess is they hire someone we're not talking much about, someone like Pelini.

A win over a Big Ten team and a regular season MAC title with an 8-0 league record. Then once the coaching staff leaves, a team made up mostly of their recruits reaches the Orange Bowl the following year? Gee, just imagine.

Like how you left out that teams 3 losses, said "regular season" MAC wins, assumed the same staff would have gone to the Orange Bowl the following year, and forgot that Jerry Kill was the head coach of that team. I said anyone on this staff. Other than that, it's exactly the same isn't it? Keep killin it though, you're really good [emoji106].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear there is a lot of love for a MAC coach on here that we may or may not have had interest in and may or may not have had interest in us and that may or may not ever have success at a big school. Maybe he works a GH at an interstate rest stop and you can all go show him how you feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom