KiAnte Hardin, Ray Buford, Dior Johnson -- served with restraining orders, won't play

Restraining order against Kiondre Thomas has been lifted. Never knew he even had one.

Yeah, that's a good point. My take was probably not very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming it is a cheerleader, they are also on a limited type of scholarship so they get their books paid for (not tuition though) anyways, point being she likely has had to work hard to make the cheer team throughout HS and prior.

Anyways, also possible it is just retribution. I hate that we have to go there and that's still a thing, but it is. Hopefully at the end of this justice is served one way or the other and the truth prevails. Whatever that may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No surprise here, kicking it down the line to an Evidentiary Hearing. No word on whether the orders are being modified to allow the players to play in home games (sounds like the Evidentiary hearing will happen before the next home game anyway)

This may have been answered already, I am just curious since the Gophers are away this weekend, will all the players with the R.O be able to play?

After the hearing today the restraining orders remain in place, but have been modified to allow the 5 players to practice at TCF Bank Stadium. There will be an evidentiary hearing on November 4.

Is this, or is this not the most bizarre issue to ever happen to Gopher football?

Plot twist: We choose to play the remaining home games at the practice facility.

There is no allegedly being gang raped by members of the Gophers football team. It is supposed to be about a recruit, an alleged rape of a female University student involved in game day operations (alleged to be a cheerleader), and some video taping by some individuals involved with the team about the incident. All of this stuff is allegedly and accusations, let's not start talking about this situation like it is all fact. The only thing we really know for sure is there was a suspension of four players by the football program for a violation of team rules. This week there was an HRO filing and a restraining order filed against six players that are members of the football team that barred them from the stadium and their living situations and there is a hearing this week.
Let's just say we don't really know anything, none of us were there and everything we say about it is just gossip and a lot of talk about not really knowing much. This stuff is serious business, probably a real distraction and has been disruptive to a lot of people's lives on the football team and the University community itself. Let the process play out, and let's not make statements that keep stoking the fires of gossip and innuendo. Let the courts and the professionals do their jobs. These are not children, adults need to make better decisions.

More facts from the Pioneer Press today: "On Thomas’ restraining order dismissal, court documents read, “Upon further review of the incident, the petitioner realized that although (Thomas) was in the room and did not stop the assault, he did not personally assault her.”"

I hope TC does not condone this type of parties for his recruits and football players. Seems to me that too much can go wrong, especially IF alcohol was involved.

Have her cheer team stand on the visitors side the whole game. Fixed.

More facts from the Pioneer Press today: "On Thomas’ restraining order dismissal, court documents read, “Upon further review of the incident, the petitioner realized that although (Thomas) was in the room and did not stop the assault, he did not personally assault her.”"

I hope TC does not condone this type of parties for his recruits and football players. Seems to me that too much can go wrong, especially IF alcohol was involved.

I am absolutely sure that TC does not condone this type of thing. I am 99% sure that there is a no alcohol policy for visits. Perhaps these are the undisclosed "team rules" that were broken.

We always hear about NFL rookies being sat down and lectured to about the pitfalls of life in the NFL...maybe it's time to do this for for 'high' profile college athletes? All schools have their scandals- but there seems to be a little bit of 'culture of unaccountability' at the U.

It's not every sport- but when you have some weird sex thing with the basketball players and a Twitter Account, Wrestlers selling prescription drugs and the resulting near cover-up and now 'this' (whatever 'this' is, I'm still not even sure and the only clue I have is coming from the parent of one of the accused who should be keeping his mouth shut) all in 1 year- maybe these guys need to be sat down when they get to campus and told to keep their noses clean or they will be shopping for a Juco.

I will not comment on character of recruits or anything else like that- these things could happen anywhere- and sometimes do. It just seems to be like maybe there is not a behavior expectation that has been imprinted on these guys that goes along with the privilege of being a student athlete. Hopefully Coyle can rectify this immediately.

We always hear about NFL rookies being sat down and lectured to about the pitfalls of life in the NFL...maybe it's time to do this for for 'high' profile college athletes? All schools have their scandals- but there seems to be a little bit of 'culture of unaccountability' at the U.

It's not every sport- but when you have some weird sex thing with the basketball players and a Twitter Account, Wrestlers selling prescription drugs and the resulting near cover-up and now 'this' (whatever 'this' is, I'm still not even sure and the only clue I have is coming from the parent of one of the accused who should be keeping his mouth shut) all in 1 year- maybe these guys need to be sat down when they get to campus and told to keep their noses clean or they will be shopping for a Juco.

I will not comment on character of recruits or anything else like that- these things could happen anywhere- and sometimes do. It just seems to be like maybe there is not a behavior expectation that has been imprinted on these guys that goes along with the privilege of being a student athlete. Hopefully Coyle can rectify this immediately.

Other than this and the recent basketball events.... what else has occurred?

I'm sure they give all the players some kind of talk and etc. Hell some schools have signs:

BM-p4yoCEAEhqan.jpg

I don't think there's any program that can prevent every incident with college kids. I'm not sure a couple incidents close together means anything either.

1. This kind of stuff is happening at the vast majority D1 programs.

2. I don't condone it.

3. We are hyper-aware of the U of M's issues because we spend time our free time with our magnifying lenses looking on GopherHole.

Other than this and the recent basketball events.... what else has occurred?

I'm sure they give all the players some kind of talk and etc. Hell some schools have signs:

View attachment 4482

I don't think there's any program that can prevent every incident with college kids. I'm not sure a couple incidents close together means anything either.

We just fired a loved Wrestling Coach because of something that would qualify as a 'this'.

If a cheerleader then how come they can play in road games and not home games? They cheer on the road as well.

It's extremely difficult to get a restraining order for every Big 10 stadium on the schedule.

There are three different cheer squads. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but along with the dance team, they rotate which group goes to each away game, and only take about 6 from the particular group. I also believe they travel separately from the team.

That seems inefficient. How many planes do we charter for away games?

Top Bottom