Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

My guess is we have less than 25% in landing any of the 12 out the top 150. The local guys mention the Gophers but it's just a save face vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by abrams View Post
    My guess is we have less than 25% in landing any of the 12 out the top 150. The local guys mention the Gophers but it's just a save face vibe.
    If land 25% of the 12- that would fill our class with 3. If on the other hand you are claiming we have less than 25% chance of landing ANY of them at all- I think you are going to be wrong there.

Gophers will absolutely fill their class and most if not all of the recruits will be 150 or better.

Quote Originally Posted by tmvander View Post
    Gophers will absolutely fill their class and most if not all of the recruits will be 150 or better.
    I like your optimism. I'm not convinced. Were not crystal balled with anyone right now.

I like your optimism. I'm not convinced. Were not crystal balled with anyone right now.
    Well clearly we aren't going to get anyone then. Gonna be a big class in 2021.

We're clearing going to land someone. I just don't have a good feel for the top guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Heber View Post
    https://247sports.com/college/minnes...etPredictions/ - I'm new to poking around 247 but I'm seeing 0 crystal ball predictions in favor of Minnesota for the class of 2020. Some intel must have come out about Gabe Madsen because two crystal ball predictions for Cincinnati popped up in the past week.

And hey, if it makes you feel better to talk to this way to people on the internet by all means go ahead. I enjoy talking with my fellow Gopher fans and prefer a more positive level of dialogue.
    That is fair, there was intended snark...right after someone makes remarks regarding a positive outlook, people will respond often with something that they try to frame as telling, even though it usually isn't. I think that is the case here as the interest and relationship matters, not the CBs.

CBs on 247 should be taken with a grain of salt...they will all flip to the right school a week/days before they commit, or often they do.

Crystal ball predictions change weekly depending on where the kids take visits etc. I don't think we've had a year outside of Pitino's first year that we haven't landed a top 150 kid. In addition some of the non 150 kids we landed (Nate Mason, Jordan Murphy, Gabe) turned out all right so I think we're fine.

I'll add that we've also had top 150 kids that were duds. Dorsey and Washington to name a few.

We're clearing going to land someone. I just don't have a good feel for the top guys.
    We know. You not having a good feeling about something goes without saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Heber View Post
    https://247sports.com/college/minnes...etPredictions/ - I'm new to poking around 247 but I'm seeing 0 crystal ball predictions in favor of Minnesota for the class of 2020. Some intel must have come out about Gabe Madsen because two crystal ball predictions for Cincinnati popped up in the past week.

And hey, if it makes you feel better to talk to this way to people on the internet by all means go ahead. I enjoy talking with my fellow Gopher fans and prefer a more positive level of dialogue.
    I would take the crystal ball with a grain of salt, most of them change the day before a commitment so there never wrong and usually a school will pick up some on OV's. Personally I think you want the first or the last visit. Everyone always remembers the first and if you're a middle visit and you don't get a verbal on an OV you rarely land the recruit.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Agreed. Will add that unless your a blue blood type program where you can wait late to even offer the best chance to get a kid is early. 90% of the time it drags on the worse it is . Those recruit numbers mean nothing to me. I do not respect the skill level of those doing it or their methods.

With Blue Bloods stringing multiple kids along, is there ever an advantage for a high level four star who has a "wink-wink" offer to publicly announce they plan on going to Duke or wherever to discourage the remaining recruits they are after at their position to move on?

That's what I would do, to force their hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    With Blue Bloods stringing multiple kids along, is there ever an advantage for a high level four star who has a "wink-wink" offer to publicly announce they plan on going to Duke or wherever to discourage the remaining recruits they are after at their position to move on?

That's what I would do, to force their hand.
    Those kids do not have that kind of leverage with the blue bloods. The blue bloods have waited longer to offer because they can. Kids manage the balance to see if they can get the best offers or the offer they covet the most. Like everything, that has changed so much in the last 25 years as the complexity and the exposure for kids is so much wider. Not really a big deal where they are ranked though. There are so many really wonderful players. The job is to find the ones that fit to make the best team you can. We have had good glasses. Time to have a great team.

Go Gophers!!