Page 94 of 121 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1814

Quote Originally Posted by MinnGopher View Post
    I kind of feel that too, but you never know what his contact with him is day to day, even if it isn't in person. I'm hopeful we are still in it.
    The coaches can't talk about it so we normally get that from the players. We don't see local reporters or websites checking in on Walton to ask how it is going. My guess is that they have and he is laying low and not commenting, while he thinks it through. Some kids are like that and we have to respect that approach.

Jamari Sibley getting closer to a decision.

Four-star forward Jamari Sibley, who attends Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Va., has the Hawkeyes among his final two schools following a recent visit.

Sibley, a native of Milwaukee, Wis., declined to reveal the other team he is favoring, but he has scheduled to make a visit to Georgetown on Oct. 4, according to Rivals.com.

https://allhawkeyes.com/pages/news_list/details/674
    Winasota Gopher now takes me seriously.....you should too.

Quote Originally Posted by golfing18now View Post
    Jamari Sibley getting closer to a decision.

Four-star forward Jamari Sibley, who attends Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Va., has the Hawkeyes among his final two schools following a recent visit.

Sibley, a native of Milwaukee, Wis., declined to reveal the other team he is favoring, but he has scheduled to make a visit to Georgetown on Oct. 4, according to Rivals.com.

https://allhawkeyes.com/pages/news_list/details/674
    Maybe it's because I don't feel like I heard or read much about Sibley's visit, but I am not as optimistic on him as I am on Mitchell, Mashburn, Berry or even Garcia.

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post
    Maybe it's because I don't feel like I heard or read much about Sibley's visit, but I am not as optimistic on him as I am on Mitchell, Mashburn, Berry or even Garcia.
    Speaking of Mitchell I thought that it was interesting that he said they told him that he would be more of a wing type. Appears to have solid handles as I guess he has grown quite a bit over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnGopher View Post
    Speaking of Mitchell I thought that it was interesting that he said they told him that he would be more of a wing type. Appears to have solid handles as I guess he has grown quite a bit over the last few years.
    I think with this large roster turnover Pitino is making his move to follow the Beilein model at Michigan: stack the roster with long wings who can ideally shoot it from outside, but always have at least 4 shooters on the floor. They have been a factory over there as of late with Wagner, Teske, Iggy, Matthews, Livers, etc.

It looks like we are obviously recruiting Garcia with the same strategy.

“It’s just down to Cal and Minnesota,” (Mashburn Jr.) told the Star Tribune earlier this week. “Those are pretty much my main two I’ll be focusing on. After this Minnesota visit, I’ll sit down with my dad and have a long discussion about the pros and cons. The good and the bad to each program. Both are great programs with Pac-12 competition and Big Ten competition. I just have to make the right decision for myself and really think about it.”

Dancing gopher after the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by GopherBlood666 View Post
    “It’s just down to Cal and Minnesota,” (Mashburn Jr.) told the Star Tribune earlier this week. “Those are pretty much my main two I’ll be focusing on. After this Minnesota visit, I’ll sit down with my dad and have a long discussion about the pros and cons. The good and the bad to each program. Both are great programs with Pac-12 competition and Big Ten competition. I just have to make the right decision for myself and really think about it.”

Dancing gopher after the weekend?
    No Wake huh? Cal is a good school, I'd say its 50/50

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    No Wake huh? Cal is a good school, I'd say its 50/50
    Cal most likely can provide more playing time right away, but that has been a train-wreck (and Pac-12 bottom-feeder) program since Montgomery left. I'm thinking we have our first 2020 recruit right here...

Was it Berry who was down to us and NW? Seems like things have been very quiet with him lately. Maybe Pitino told him that Mashburn gets first call?

Quote Originally Posted by GopherPete View Post
    Was it Berry who was down to us and NW? Seems like things have been very quiet with him lately. Maybe Pitino told him that Mashburn gets first call?
    That is what I was speculating earlier in this thread...basically that it seems like maybe Berry's offer isn't commitable until after Mashburn visits or at least Pitino told him he had to hold off until a certain date.

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post
    That is what I was speculating earlier in this thread...basically that it seems like maybe Berry's offer isn't commitable until after Mashburn visits or at least Pitino told him he had to hold off until a certain date.
    Berry's last visits were with us and NW I believe, but I think he also had strong interest in Kansas or KSU. Has quieted down on his recruitment since the visit, haven't even seen anything about assistants visiting practice or things of that nature.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherBlood666 View Post
    Berry's last visits were with us and NW I believe, but I think he also had strong interest in Kansas or KSU. Has quieted down on his recruitment since the visit, haven't even seen anything about assistants visiting practice or things of that nature.
    I'm pretty sure after he took the MN and NW visits, he came out soon after and said he was not taking any more visits. He may very well feel like has made his decision but has to wait for some dominoes to fall.

Who would you rather have, Berry or Mashburn?