Sunday Sports Show--what was being alluded to?

SRSKSM

FB Season Ticket Holder
Reaction score
This Sunday there seemed to be a lot of stuff that was being alluded to behind the scenes. Sid and Reusse both stated that Richard is a loser and then Mike Max stated that the U was going to threaten him with firing him for cause???? Anybody know what's going on behind the scenes with Richard?

This Sunday there seemed to be a lot of stuff that was being alluded to behind the scenes. Sid and Reusse both stated that Richard is a loser and then Mike Max stated that the U was going to threaten him with firing him for cause???? Anybody know what's going on behind the scenes with Richard?
As I've said before if the U tries to fire Pitino for cause, pitino' lawyer could strip but booty neked in front of the judge, tbag the courtroom clerk and still win that case. he may be in contempt but he would still win. Do they really think they can fire him for cause over a gas tank and funds Teague, Kaler and Co signed off on. Also was Pitino in the video, did he allegedly rape anyone? Were any of these players allowed to play. Did he amnesty to players running a xanex ring like another coach? Case closed. Reusse a dry drunk who liver fail him any day, Sid I am surprised a guest of wind hasn't blown him over and Mike Max might be the biggest jackoff in the media, what has he ever accomplished, even a guy named Meat sauce has more credibility than him. chalk it up to they need more than ten people to watch their basic cable show

I am admittedly a strong supporter of giving Pitino this year. So I am a little biased.

But if they do attempt to fire him this year, with or without cause, I will then also be requesting a refund on my season tickets and accompanying donation. To make changes like this without a new scandal or anything AFTER the renewal date would be a pathetic slap in the face to people who have already renewed. Especially while the wrestling coach who turned a blind eye to a felony drug ring (allegedly) with the knowledge of the admin continues to collect paychecks. They can write me a check back for my tickets right along with the $7m check they'll be writing Richard Pitino. (Or they can accidentally switch the checks too of course :))

If I want a good laugh, before I go to bed on a Sunday night, I usually tune into the sports show........

Actually Sid called Pitino a 'jerk' and Ruesse told Sid that he was mad at him because Pitino would'n't be his radio show .....

The U would have a very hard time winning that case but could angle for a settlement as coaching under a lawsuit by your employer is untenable. That show, like most is garbage, a WEAK ATTEMPT at journalism. They would be better served if that had a discussion on why they think he is not a good, much less great coach. On that discussion someone could have stated simply that he has not built one part of the foundation that is the identity of his program. Tons of great coaches lose plenty in building but they all have a fundamental strength that becomes the identity, the thing the program is known for, the very fabric of the culture you build to win on and that has almost always been precision execution and lockdown defense especially if your outgunned on talent. It is best for the program if that is him as starting over is another titanic challenge. Of course AD's have relationships with their own guys and that is why Pitino must perform above expectations and get to 4th or 5th as a great coach does that by year 4

No doubt Coyle's mettle as a B1G AD could be tested after the completion of the 2016-17 school year. He may have to make difficult decisions on the school's three most important athletic programs, football, men's basketball, and men's hockey (in that order). I think it's a good thing all three will get a chance to prove themselves under their new boss, hoping it brings out the absolute best in Claeys, Pitino, and Lucia. They're smart enough to know they need to produce now.

The U would have a very hard time winning that case but could angle for a settlement as coaching under a lawsuit by your employer is untenable. That show, like most is garbage, a WEAK ATTEMPT at journalism. They would be better served if that had a discussion on why they think he is not a good, much less great coach. On that discussion someone could have stated simply that he has not built one part of the foundation that is the identity of his program. Tons of great coaches lose plenty in building but they all have a fundamental strength that becomes the identity, the thing the program is known for, the very fabric of the culture you build to win on and that has almost always been precision execution and lockdown defense especially if your outgunned on talent. It is best for the program if that is him as starting over is another titanic challenge. Of course AD's have relationships with their own guys and that is why Pitino must perform above expectations and get to 4th or 5th as a great coach does that by year 4
I highly doubt Pitino gets canned if he finishes 6th in the conference, hell he will probably be conference coach of the year

As I've said before if the U tries to fire Pitino for cause, pitino' lawyer could strip but booty neked in front of the judge, tbag the courtroom clerk and still win that case. he may be in contempt but he would still win. Do they really think they can fire him for cause over a gas tank and funds Teague, Kaler and Co signed off on. Also was Pitino in the video, did he allegedly rape anyone? Were any of these players allowed to play. Did he amnesty to players running a xanex ring like another coach? Case closed. Reusse a dry drunk who liver fail him any day, Sid I am surprised a guest of wind hasn't blown him over and Mike Max might be the biggest jackoff in the media, what has he ever accomplished, even a guy named Meat sauce has more credibility than him. chalk it up to they need more than ten people to watch their basic cable show

I love what Sid has done over the years but he should have been off the radio for 10 years now. There is no excuse for WCCO still milking that cow. I used to tape that show so I could listen to it- I haven't listened to it for more than a few minutes at a time for a few years now, because it is so bad. Reusse is on the show now?

It's not bad because of Sid. It's bad because Mike Max is the biggest tool on TV, hands down.

I love what Sid has done over the years but he should have been off the radio for 10 years now. There is no excuse for WCCO still milking that cow. I used to tape that show so I could listen to it- I haven't listened to it for more than a few minutes at a time for a few years now, because it is so bad. Reusse is on the show now?

DL & SON sacrifice their ears weekly for us to get our wrap-up

Kudos to them!!!!

Not if Gard or IZZO win 16. Just not that often that coach of the year goes to someone with 9 or 10 wins. I think 6th is just ok, especially if it is measured with the whole body of work of wins and losses during his 4 years and the off the court garbage, the lack of direction and the identity i see in all rebuilding jobs and do not see here. He has yet to impress the renowned basketball people like a Knight or a Jerry West, scouts, AD's etc.. The only person really impressed was Teague and he was not even close to first choice with him. Teague thought he could do much better. I hope it is Pitino as i am sick of starting over and getting poor results. Just have not seen a single thing or heard from someone in the business that has seen great promise. If he did not have that last name he would never have been hired.

Sid has no business being on the radio or writing in the paper. He did great things back in the day....the day is over.

Not if Gard or IZZO win 16. Just not that often that coach of the year goes to someone with 9 or 10 wins. I think 6th is just ok, especially if it is measured with the whole body of work of wins and losses during his 4 years and the off the court garbage, the lack of direction and the identity i see in all rebuilding jobs and do not see here. He has yet to impress the renowned basketball people like a Knight or a Jerry West, scouts, AD's etc.. The only person really impressed was Teague and he was not even close to first choice with him. Teague thought he could do much better. I hope it is Pitino as i am sick of starting over and getting poor results. Just have not seen a single thing or heard from someone in the business that has seen great promise. If he did not have that last name he would never have been hired.
6th is just okay, but sparty will not win 16, too much youth, the big ten isn't the SEC, so unlike Kentucky they'll face hostile road environments. This year's wisco team isn't as good as the one two years ago and I don't even think they won 16. Too much parity the league the champ will have 14 wins tops. If Pitino goes from two wins to ten wins he will get serious consideration for the coach of the year, he may not win it, but you don't see eight win turnarounds in conference very often and if he accomplishes that you'll need new material, starting to sound like wren on the football board

I'm relatively young and saw that show on the other night. I couldn't make it through more than a minute kudos to you for being able to stay tuned that long.

Are you referencing the radio show (Sports Huddle) on WCCO or the TV show? Reusse has always been on the TV show.

It used to be great. It's not the same without Dark Star, and Sid is generally hard to understand now, so Max spends half the time being his interpreter. Reusse is still Reusse, if older and crankier.

Are you referencing the radio show (Sports Huddle) on WCCO or the TV show? Reusse has always been on the TV show.

It used to be great. It's not the same without Dark Star, and Sid is generally hard to understand now, so Max spends half the time being his interpreter. Reusse is still Reusse, if older and crankier.

Radio. I had no idea that the TV show was even on air.

You know, just like Pat Knight, although ol' Bob thought that was just fine when the one getting a job he didn't deserve, had no promise and got the job because of his last name was his son.

Actually Sid called Pitino a 'jerk' and Ruesse told Sid that he was mad at him because Pitino would'n't be his radio show .....

.....and somewhere in there Max and one of the others(I believe it was LaValle) both said they had info they could not share. I thougt that's what the thread title was referring to.

FWIW I don't miss Dark Starr on that show. Biggest bag of wind ever.

Comparing Pat Knight to Pitino is just inaccurate. Pat Knight was never an assistant coach for anyone but his father and never held a college head coaching position before he was handed the Texas Tech job.

Pitino, on the other hand, was an assistant at Dusquene and Northeastern before his dad even hired him. Then he went on to be an assistant for another great coach in Billy Donovan.

On top of that, Richard completely turned around the trainwreck Isaiah Thomas left at FIU, in one season. If you look at all the details of what went on at FIU, his coaching job there was pretty impressive.

Yes, maybe he got a High Major job a bit too early, but he was headed on that path eventually.

Comparing Pat Knight to Pitino is just inaccurate. Pat Knight was never an assistant coach for anyone but his father and never held a college head coaching position before he was handed the Texas Tech job.

Pitino, on the other hand, was an assistant at Dusquene and Northeastern before his dad even hired him. Then he went on to be an assistant for another great coach in Billy Donovan.

On top of that, Richard completely turned around the trainwreck Isaiah Thomas left at FIU, in one season. If you look at all the details of what went on at FIU, his coaching job there was pretty impressive.

Yes, maybe he got a High Major job a bit too early, but he was headed on that path eventually.

+19

Radio. I had no idea that the TV show was even on air.

Ah. Shame. It used to be on Midwest Sports Channel and replay 4-5 times week after Twins/Gopher games back in the day. Now it's buried on channel 23 after an infomercial. Poor Mike Max.

I think it's easily forgotten what an incredible job he did in that one year at FIU.

From Wikipedia:

Pitino left his position as the associate head coach at Louisville to become the head coach at FIU on April 15, 2012 replacing Isiah Thomas. With only six players remaining from the previous season, and not all of them on scholarship, Pitino cobbled together a team and coached a high-pressure defense that finished eighth in the nation in steals. He was able to compile an 18-14 record (11-9 in the Sun Belt conference) in his first season as head coach. His FIU team had the best conference record in school history. Additionally, FIU reached the Sun Belt Tournament Title game as a four seed, before falling to Western Kentucky in the tournament championship game, 65-63.

Agree 100%. Too many people assume he only got the job because of his name and ignore his carrier path.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For the record I wasn't comparing Pitino to Pat Knight, I was using the criteria BuiltBadgers laid out (that I bolded) to say Pat Knight, not Pitino, was a true example of everything Bob Knight apparently held against Pitino.

The paranoia level has reached melt down levels.
Football season cannot start too soon.

How do you find new ways say the same exact thing in so many different threads?

Top Bottom