Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Right. Head coaches are responsible for on the field results and recruiting. One usually has something to do with the other.

Oh and it looks like Benny Sapp III committed. The in-state kid with offers from Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan, etc.

I'm not sure we've landed a lot of these type of recruits in the past.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Blaise Andries, Jonah Pirsig and Seth Green (I get the controversy with him, so if you think all of his offers dried up, ignore him).

However, Benny is almost like an out of state kid. His dad played for the Vikes and he moved here a year ago. So, it's almost more impressive to me.

per Greder:

Sapp is the son of former Vikings cornerback Benny Sapp, and he transferred to Eden Prairie this summer from St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., according to Kyle Goblirsch of 247sports.com.

Sapp’s father attended Iowa and then Northern Iowa and was an un-drafted free agent that had an eight-year NFL career. He played for the Vikings from 2008-09 and 2011 as well as the Kansas City Chiefs and Miami Dolphins.

Sapp III, who is 6 feet and 183 pounds, said Minnesota was his 26th offer on Monday. He has been given three stars and has other reported offers from Clemson, Alabama, Florida State, Michigan Ohio State and Georgia, according to 247sports.com.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/02/1...l-commitment-of-2018-class-is-benny-sapp-iii/

Go Gophers!!

has other reported offers from Clemson, Alabama, Florida State, Michigan Ohio State and Georgia,

If he picks one of those schools he jumps to a 4 star rating. It's how it works.

has other reported offers from Clemson, Alabama, Florida State, Michigan Ohio State and Georgia,

If he picks one of those schools he jumps to a 4 star rating. It's how it works.

No, it isn't.

If you want to be a 4 or 5 star you have to attend a camp series which 95% of top players do.

How are those the best teams in the country then, if that's how it works?

Outside of Florida and Texas (which are just kind of obvious places a team is going to recruit), it seems like Georgia is about the only other place in the deep south that this staff will target. We'll see if that changes (especially with Linguist recruiting DB's and his ties there).

Actually if Urban Meyer or Nick Saban offer a kid a scholarship the raters will look at the kid again and make adjustments. Who knows more about how a kid will perform, Nick and Urban or a couple of guys at Rivals or Scout. I'm not saying the Rival or Scout guys aren't good, Urban and Nick (and staffs) are better. Hence, Sapp 3 commits to one of those schools, he would automatically be re-evaluated.

Outside of Florida and Texas (which are just kind of obvious places a team is going to recruit), it seems like Georgia is about the only other place in the deep south that this staff will target. We'll see if that changes (especially with Linguist recruiting DB's and his ties there).

Mississippi is the other one, also because of the connection to Linguist.

We may see it but what I'm saying is no offers out to anyone from MS yet or at least not that I'm aware of.

Malik Heath has one for the 2018 class and Jarrian Jones was just offered today for the 2019 class. Both are currently committed to Miss. State, but both were recruited to some degree by Linguist before he took the job here.

Malik Heath has one for the 2018 class and Jarrian Jones was just offered today for the 2019 class. Both are currently committed to Miss. State, but both were recruited to some degree by Linguist before he took the job here.

I actually think Heath was offered by the old staff but you are correct on Jones. We'll have to see as the cycle develops.

I actually think Heath was offered by the old staff but you are correct on Jones. We'll have to see as the cycle develops.

You're right on Heath, I misread one of the posts on 247. But this staff has already shown that they're willing to go into Alabama as well to get a player like Ken Handy-Holly. I don't think they're limiting who they target just based on the states they live in, but you can already start seeing the trends of which states will be the most heavily recruited overall.

Actually if Urban Meyer or Nick Saban offer a kid a scholarship the raters will look at the kid again and make adjustments. Who knows more about how a kid will perform, Nick and Urban or a couple of guys at Rivals or Scout. I'm not saying the Rival or Scout guys aren't good, Urban and Nick (and staffs) are better. Hence, Sapp 3 commits to one of those schools, he would automatically be re-evaluated.

Oh please- and you know of this how Monsieur Conspirateur?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But this staff has already shown that they're willing to go into Alabama as well to get a player like Ken Handy-Holly. I don't think they're limiting who they target just based on the states they live in, but you can already start seeing the trends of which states will be the most heavily recruited overall.
Of course. PJ said that outside of the 8-hour radius, they would spend a lot of time in the states the staff has connections in. With Smith coming from Arkansas and Linguist from Mississippi State, I'm sure we'll see more coming from SEC Country.

He's from near Green Bay - maybe Mortell needs to help us out.

Kimberly is a dominant athletic program and produces some good athletes in all areas, especially football.
Interestingly, there are quite a few kids from the east central area of Wisconsin that attend the U.

Top Bottom