WBB: Gophers v Iowa-B1G Game 14 (2/15)

Guessing the refs but they swallowed their whistles, thank goodness.

Upon further review:

Looking at the clip (at around :19 on the :39 second final shot clip), both picks were good. It just looked like moving screens because she set 2 in about 1 second.

Stollings' teams can sure run some inbounds plays. Last night they got 8 although I'll give them 11 points from inbound plays.

In the first quarter we had Banham inbounding to Mullaney and then Rachel back cutting to the basket for the pass and the layup (12-7 Iowa).

In the second it was Banham to Wagner for two (27-20 Iowa)
In the fourth:
I'll count this one because they sometimes run a break up the side lines after a made bucket. Following a Coley made free throw, Starr inbounded to Banham who found Mullaney for three on the left side before the Hawkeyes got set (60-59 Iowa-the crowd goes nuts).

The simple Banham to Wagner off a screen for two (66-64 Minnesota).

And of course, Banham to Edwards down the lane for two in the final minute (75-74 Minnesota-crowd goes nuttier).

Yes, last night, all of these involved Rachel; but they had similar success last year.

Upon further review:

Looking at the clip (at around :19 on the :39 second final shot clip), both picks were good. It just looked like moving screens because she set 2 in about 1 second.

I agree with the "further review". If you want to see a moving screen, look at the one Chase Coley set for a first quarter Ally Disterhoft three. It sent Stollings into a bit of hysterics.

Upon further review:

If you're setting 2 picks in a second you're going to be moving but whatever.

If you're setting 2 picks in a second you're going to be moving but whatever.

She set the 1st pick, did not stay engaged, then moved cleanly one step closer to Banham and set the 2nd pick. Totally legal.

She set the 1st pick, did not stay engaged, then moved cleanly one step closer to Banham and set the 2nd pick. Totally legal.

She was moving on the second one, but she was moving away from the defender, who initiated the contact.

Top Bottom