Seth Green to Minnesota?

hungan1

Reaction score
This one is on my XMas wish list.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I work with a guy who is a big Oregon fan, and he has been saying for a month or so that it was rumored Seth Green would be coming here.

Kill came out a few weeks or a bit more ago and said he'd never recruit another QB from Minnesota. Obviously Green isn't in Minnesota now, but I have to imagine this is another area where Claeys will depart from Kill. It's way too limiting to say we'd never recruit an in-state QB again.

Kill came out a few weeks or a bit more ago and said he'd never recruit another QB from Minnesota. Obviously Green isn't in Minnesota now, but I have to imagine this is another area where Claeys will depart from Kill. It's way too limiting to say we'd never recruit an in-state QB again.
Kill said that? Wow.

Kill was being sarcastic......

Your sarcasm meter needs fixing.

I would prefer if we actually got a good QB recruit, but to each their own.

I dont think Kill was being serious.

Seth Green is far from the savior that some on here make him out to be, but we've recruited worse players/QBs. I like the idea if he's one of two QBs we end up with in this class.

Hate to break it to you but the QBs you would want usually aren't flipping this late in the process unless it's a weird situation. Seth showed great potential when he was still in HS here and I get the feeling there's probably some politics going on with the two QB situation down in TX. He's still throwing dimes down there as you can see from this video from last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_oO7G4GhX8

No offense but I think you might need to fix the sarcasm meter if you believed that

Hate to break it to you but the QBs you would want usually aren't flipping this late in the process unless it's a weird situation. Seth showed great potential when he was still in HS here and I get the feeling there's probably some politics going on with the two QB situation down in TX. He's still throwing dimes down there as you can see from this video from last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_oO7G4GhX8
I'd take him

Maybe we should look at this kid. Class of 2017

[video]https://d1vv3r1s83df1b.cloudfront.net/fb68b050-3d25-0132-c4a9-005056b8279b/174667_2_RosteJaran2_H264.webm[/video]

Seth Green is far from the savior that some on here make him out to be, but we've recruited worse players/QBs. I like the idea if he's one of two QBs we end up with in this class.

You may be right, could end up being another Moses Alipate (4-star recruit seemed to be mostly based on camp performance and physical traits). But, he may not. Certainly worth rolling the dice, in my opinion. We have to strike silver on of these years (I'd say strike gold, but I'm not going to be greedy).

As long as Green doesn't share Moses's eating habits, I'd like to bring him on. Moses was never a commit at Oregon, at any position, either.

"Had it been structured one guy in charge and doing all that, I could've lived with it, I really could have," Claeys said.

Dual play callers suited retired coach Jerry Kill, who spent all of his time with the offense before retiring Oct. 28 to address his epilepsy. Claeys, the former defensive coordinator, will split his time with the offense and defense.

"That was structured where coach (Kill) was the buffer in between the two play-callers," Claeys said. "I don't want to be on the offensive side of the ball all the time."

Claeys, who pondered the staff shakeup for about two weeks, wants the next offensive coordinator to be open to his suggestions but run the offense during games.

"We just need one boss on the offensive side of the ball," Claeys said.

This is incredible.

Speechless.

Same problem going all the way back to Mason. While the run first,second offense they've had brought us some great Running Backs, no outstanding all around High School QB is gonna go to a school where his main mission is turn around and hand the ball off. The 2-3 skilled QB's we did get here turned out to be busts. Whether it was them or what the Coaching Staff demanded of them is up for debate. But please don't..

Maybe Tracy's plan is to even that ratio up a little. That will be needed to turn around that abysmal record of losing when they are behind at the half.

If he does, better put a suicide watch out for some of the long term posters around here though. There are much happier with losing records than "pussified" football. :D

Same problem going all the way back to Mason. While the run first,second offense they've had brought us some great Running Backs, no outstanding all around High School QB is gonna go to a school where his main mission is turn around and hand the ball off. The 2-3 skilled QB's we did get here turned out to be busts. Whether it was them or what the Coaching Staff demanded of them is up for debate. But please don't..

Maybe Tracy's plan is to even that ratio up a little. That will be needed to turn around that abysmal record of losing when they are behind at the half.

If he does, better put a suicide watch out for some of the long term posters around here though. There are much happier with losing records than "pussified" football. :D

The ratio is even.

Our run/pass ratio was 51:49 last season.

Tons of outstanding HS QBs go to programs that run the ball a lot.

Look at the top pro style QB commits this year. . .

Eason - 5 star - Georgia
KJ Costello - 4 star - Stanford

Keep going down the list, every single year, run-dominant programs sign top QBs.

The ratio is even.

Our run/pass ratio was 51:49 last season.

Tons of outstanding HS QBs go to programs that run the ball a lot.

Look at the top pro style QB commits this year. . .

Eason - 5 star - Georgia
KJ Costello - 4 star - Stanford

Keep going down the list, every single year, run-dominant programs sign top QBs.

Yeah, that ratio kept going up because in the second half they've had too throw the ball because they've often been behind. :drink:

As for 5 Star QB heading to schools like GA and Stanford might be because of their records rather than offense alone. Besides, while Stanford certainly runs rather than it throws, they've thrown for 2587 yards and 25 TD while running for 2664 yards and 30 TD.

Wouldn't be hard to convince a H.S. QB that he would certainly get the chance to throw it around and for Championship teams at that.

Georgia? They also run it more than they throw it. The total yards are also quite close, 2245 and 10 TDS throw the air and 2332 with 21 TDS. So yep, the kid would be looking at less TDS. Might be looking at a chance to QB a team to the SEC Conference Finals though. During Richt's tenure, Georgia won two SEC championships – 2002 and 2005 – and 6 of their 7 SEC East Division Championships – 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011, and 2012. Out of those years Georgia represented the East in the SEC Championship Game in all but 2007.

Now the question would be how many of those "run-dominant" programs that sign top QBs usually finish with records around .500 or less and haven't finished higher than 3rd in their Conference in 50 years

You're one of those "suicide watch" guys aren't you?:D

Kill was actually pretty prophetic with his statement.

Got any footage of him hitting a receiver in stride coming across the middle for a first down? Rating guys on throwing bombs downfield is like rating a basketball player on his dunks. Looks good, but doesn't tell you much about the finer points of his game.

After reading around I get the impression Green to Minnesota is pretty much a done deal. He'll probably wait until his season is over and at that time we'll have a new OC. Would seem like a good time to make it public.

Would be nice if we could hit shallow crosses.

Got any footage of him hitting a receiver in stride coming across the middle for a first down? Rating guys on throwing bombs downfield is like rating a basketball player on his dunks. Looks good, but doesn't tell you much about the finer points of his game.

We have needed a QB that can hit a shallow cross, a smoke or tunnel screen, or dump off a middle screen for awhile now.

I would take him too. Don't care about the Daddy baggage, or the past stuff with recruiting.
If Seth Green want's to be a Gopher I would be happy about that, kid has athletic ability in spades, and can avoid pass rushers. Don't care about his senior season in Texas in so much is can he help the Gophers win football games. I think he is a kid that can help us win that is why he is a fit.

Top Bottom