I love these Kill quotes

He won't throw the team under the bus. However, h threw the fan base under the bus. Nice going. Are we moving into Glen Mason territory where all he talks about is where he is in relation to the fans.

Speaking of Mason, he should be our offensive coordinator.
[starts popping popcorn].

Personally, I like Kill's thin skin. Personally, I'd take Kill and his staff over Meyer and his 10 out of 10. If you want Meyer, just go hire him. It's so hard to weed through all the childish rants and uninformed vitriol to glean some decent reflection, observation, and discuss the potential for this team. So many immature posts, so little ability to look at the big picture. Thanks to all of you who don't fall into the latter category, and for posting the stuff MOST fans want to read.

Although I wasn't a fan of the comments either, Kill was obviously emotional and frustrated after the game. Not to mention his offense was repeatedly booed off the field. I'm sure no one on here has never responded less than favorably after they worked hard to achieve something that is just not working.

Kill showing his frustration so visibly tells me he will try to do something to fix it. If he wasn't at least considering pulling Crofts redshirt and playing him, he would have named Leidner the unquestioned starting QB going forward, which he hasn't even done for this week.

When they know that they have their opponent overmatched, they do the bare minimum of what they think they have to do to win. None of the games you suggested would fall into that category. This is not that complicated. I suggest sticking to meteorology. Your posts were more enjoyable when you focused on discussing things you know and understand.

I don't buy this argument that they ran up a big 10-point lead and took the foot off the gas even though much of the time we had a three point lead. If we had something in the playbook we thought would work, even a triple reverse Statue of Liberty hook and ladder play, we would have used it. We ran the ball up the middle because we were afraid Liedner would throw a pick-six.

Why do people keep saying this? Don't say such stupid things. It could clearly be far worse "then" it is now. We lost at home to a bad I-AA team less "then" 5 years ago. We have fielded QBs worse "then" Mitch Leidner in the recent past. Stop being ridiculous.

post-31203-I-would-not-say-such-things-if-LByI.gif

Haha, wow. You have no idea what you're talking about. Do you think that everyone besides the starters sits on the sidelines and watches at practice? Do you honestly think that's how a major college program operates in 2015? I mean, really? I suppose it's difficult to know any of these things when the entirety of your existence on this board is spent following me around with your nose in my taint.

nelson-haha.gif

Who said any of that? Is it possible to win less than 2 Big Ten games? Why yes, it is in fact possible to win 0 or 1 Big Ten games. Could it have been worse yesterday? Indeed, we could have lost the game. The fact that saying "it couldn't possibly be worse" is a completely idiotic statement should be self-evident. Further, I will bet you any amount of money you want that this will be a better team than the 2011 squad. Any amount - you name it. As Ogee has already stated, the pattern is the same every year - we do the minimum amount that the coaching staff feels we need to do to win in the non-conference games (if we blow someone out once or twice, it's a bonus) and then ramp up the complexity as the conference games hit. It's frustrating to watch as a fan, but the pattern is well-established and I very much doubt that they will ever change it. Do you think that the same team that lost by 6 to TCU is going to win 0 or 1 Big Ten games? I mean, really? Nothing like overreacting to a sample size of one game and not considering any external factors, amirite?

This is exactly it. Except I don't recall us ever really blowing any team out (except Iowa last year). Kill's game plan going into every game is to run the minimum number of plays it takes to win and limit injuries.

Personally, I like Kill's thin skin. Personally, I'd take Kill and his staff over Meyer and his 10 out of 10. If you want Meyer, just go hire him. It's so hard to weed through all the childish rants and uninformed vitriol to glean some decent reflection, observation, and discuss the potential for this team. So many immature posts, so little ability to look at the big picture. Thanks to all of you who don't fall into the latter category, and for posting the stuff MOST fans want to read.

You've got this covered. Who are you to say what most fans want to read? Fans want the team to do well and the players to be put in position to succeed.

I was curious how you would respond this week and you've doubled down on this shtick. People are frustrated. Fans, coaches, players.

I don't buy this argument that they ran up a big 10-point lead and took the foot off the gas even though much of the time we had a three point lead. If we had something in the playbook we thought would work, even a triple reverse Statue of Liberty hook and ladder play, we would have used it. We ran the ball up the middle because we were afraid Liedner would throw a pick-six.

Disagree; agree. Why run a trick play? Though the game was close, I'm sure Kill felt fully in control. Their O never crossed the 50 except for a penalty. The D had this thing on lockdown. Why get fancy with a trick play? You're correct in that they were more worried of pick six or fumble by a freshman receiver. So why expose yourself to that risk?

Seriously, you people are in deep denial. I'm sorry, but maybe that's the problem. Jerry, Limey are in same.

One slip, one broken coverage. There is still a risk of fumble when running the ball. As much as we try, risk cannot be eliminated and he eviscerated the offenses spirit.

You've got this covered. Who are you to say what most fans want to read? Fans want the team to do well and the players to be put in position to succeed.

I was curious how you would respond this week and you've doubled down on this shtick. People are frustrated. Fans, coaches, players.
You're curious about my responses? lol. Consistently positive and supportive is what you'll find, with occasional frustration over the lack of loyalty by some, and the evil, malicious vitriol of others. It's a tough town, I guess, especially if I've over-estimated the character of the fan base.

You're curious about my responses? lol. Consistently positive and supportive is what you'll find, with occasional frustration over the lack of loyalty by some, and the evil, malicious vitriol of others. It's a tough town, I guess, especially if I've over-estimated the character of the fan base.

New to football fandom? Our fans are relatively tame. This past game opened some eyes that maybe were still toeing the company line.

That said, if the players are given a fair shake by the coaches, winning will cure all. However, I think it's fair to question the coaches at this time. This is far from a Leidner problem. The play book under C roft would shrink even more.

Although I wasn't a fan of the comments either, Kill was obviously emotional and frustrated after the game. Not to mention his offense was repeatedly booed off the field. I'm sure no one on here has never responded less than favorably after they worked hard to achieve something that is just not working.

Kill showing his frustration so visibly tells me he will try to do something to fix it. If he wasn't at least considering pulling Crofts redshirt and playing him, he would have named Leidner the unquestioned starting QB going forward, which he hasn't even done for this week.

I think there was probably more frustration at the play calling than at the players.

I think there was probably more frustration at the play calling than at the players.

Totally agree, but it's another reason why Kill was unhappy, most likely with himself and the fact they couldn't get anything going against a terrible team.

I wouldn't characterize it as "taking our foot off the gas". That would imply that we ever had our foot on the gas in the first place. The staff thought they could go bare bones, vanilla, smashmouth football and the talent deficit was great enough to win easily. The biggest issue in my opinion is that we weren't able to just overwhelm Kent St. with superior size and strength. That's a little troubling, but I'm giving very little credence to anything that happens until Northwestern. That's when we really figure out how good the team is this year. Unless, God forbid, we lose to Ohio, in which case we can put out the distress signal for reals.

I'm just kind of surprised that people seem surprised to discover Kill is a bit thin-skinned. That's been obvious to me since the first season. If and when he pulls a Mike Gundy, I'll start worrying. I wish he didn't pull the "they can fire me" schtick, but if that's all I have to put up with as a fan, I'm good. I always thought Mason was more acerbic than Kill has ever been.

I'm more worried about the Pop Warner passing attack. This ain't the MAC and Limegrover and company have to come up with something a bit more complex at this level. Whether or not the lack of complexity is a reflection on Leidner or the coaching staff, I have no idea.

I'm just kind of surprised that people seem surprised to discover Kill is a bit thin-skinned. That's been obvious to me since the first season. If and when he pulls a Mike Gundy, I'll start worrying. I wish he didn't pull the "they can fire me" schtick, but if that's all I have to put up with as a fan, I'm good. I always thought Mason was more acerbic than Kill has ever been.

I'm more worried about the Pop Warner passing attack. This ain't the MAC and Limegrover and company have to come up with something a bit more complex at this level. Whether or not the lack of complexity is a reflection on Leidner or the coaching staff, I have no idea.

I'm more concerned about the running game at this point. That is supposed to be our bread and butter.

Couldn't agree more. I am convinced the dumbest of all Gopher fans post on this site, it's the only explanation for the knee jerk irrational posts one after the other. I'm concerned about the offense too but my expectations of winning at least 5 conference games hasn't changed one bit. It's a long season and some perspective is sorely needed. I expect our offense to improve quite a bit because I think they are clearly underachieving right now. The O-line when healthy should be a strength, not a weakness like it has so far. Maye, Wolitarsky, Carter, and Wozniak have become pretty reliable receivers. When Smith has some room to run he's looked very good. There's nothing wrong with being critical, I am very disappointed with Limegrover as well but things CAN get better and I trust this staff to make it happen.

I'm more concerned about the running game at this point. That is supposed to be our bread and butter.

Agree. I think the injuries on the offensive line have been the biggest problem there, but that aspect of the offense has to start working more effectively too.

Anytime someone questions Jerry, he drops the "maybe just fire me" line.

What a bunch of crap.

Your offense sucked donkey balls vs. a crappy MAC team, people are going to ask questions. Instead of answering like a professional doing the job for 20+ years and making millions, he gets all defensive with the stupid "fire me crap"

NOBODY that is reasonable is calling for Kill's head.

It's disappointing how thin skinned our leader is.

Could you imagine him at a school that had expectations?

Anytime someone questions Jerry, he drops the "maybe just fire me" line.

What a bunch of crap.

Your offense sucked donkey balls vs. a crappy MAC team, people are going to ask questions. Instead of answering like a professional doing the job for 20+ years and making millions, he gets all defensive with the stupid "fire me crap"

NOBODY that is reasonable is calling for Kill's head.

It's disappointing how thin skinned our leader is.

Could you imagine him at a school that had expectations?

"Expectations and a couple of bucks will get you a cup of coffee some places..."

I hope Coach Kill and his staff continue to coach here for a long, long time. Now, back to more grumbling. So immature of me.

145 posts about Kill's comments? Who cares? I'm more concerned about which leg my dog lifts.

Top Bottom