All Things 2015 NCAA Tournament Thread

The Big 12 is now 2-8 between bowl games and NCAA tournament games so far.

Not a bad call. It's a bad rule. The rule was enforced correctly.

Tough call. The only ref to blow the whistle is standing 36 feet from the basket and has no side angle. At minimum the officials need to confer, but instead they talk about whether the shot should be a 2 or a 3 point basket. The ref making the call needs to defer to the other two who had clear lines of sight. From that perspective, the call is questionable. I don't think the goaltending rule is bad, but the ball has to clearly be hitting the rim and it's really hard to judge if the ball was going to actually hit rim or be an airball.

They are our only hope at beating Duke. We are all Zags fans.

But Duke is one of a small handful that represent our hope of slaying Bucky, so I'll reluctantly remain in the Dukie camp until the Evil Empire is defeated.

That's exactly the issue. They tell us over and over how they don't have to be cheerleaders for the local teams. 2 things:

1. That doesn't mean you have to rip them and belittle them constantly either.

2. This crap with Miles and Hoiberg is hypocritical and looks even worse.

God, PA sucks.

That and PA has no shame about being a complete Vikings cheerleader. And others for the Twins and Wild. It's only the Gophers where they suddenly develop morals and 'can't be a cheerleader.'

I believe PA's wife has 86th him a few times from the house. Maybe he is already divorced. Biggest
media skirt chaser in the Twin Cities.

Haas is playing so much like Eliason right now.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

What I learned today:

NCAA wants UNC to move on.

Wow two great finishes (well almost finish) with UNC squeaking by and the crazy choke job by Purdue to head to OT.

Go Gophers!!

Complete choke job by Purdue. Gopher-esque.

I believe PA's wife has 86th him a few times from the house. Maybe he is already divorced. Biggest
media skirt chaser in the Twin Cities.

You don't know him, you don't know her, you don't know the situation. They are both working very hard for the benefit of the kids. And they are both very nice people, I just can't stand him as a radio personality.

Those questioning Pitino lately should be questioning Painters decisions late in this game. Some real head scratchers.

Do you remember that time Matt Painter won that big NCAA game? Me either.

Tough call. The only ref to blow the whistle is standing 36 feet from the basket and has no side angle. At minimum the officials need to confer, but instead they talk about whether the shot should be a 2 or a 3 point basket. The ref making the call needs to defer to the other two who had clear lines of sight. From that perspective, the call is questionable. I don't think the goaltending rule is bad, but the ball has to clearly be hitting the rim and it's really hard to judge if the ball was going to actually hit rim or be an airball.

I don't think there is any question that the ball was going to hit the rim, but I think it is clear that it wasn't going to go in. Apparently the latter doesn't make any difference under the rule.

First time seeing Tyler Harvey (leading NCAA scorer) .. Reminds me of Zach Lavine so far ...

Wow Kyle Washington sure would have looked good in maroon and gold. He's been huge in getting NC State back in this game.

Go Gophers!!

Purdue 4-36 on 3 point shots. Helen Keller would have a better percentage. The shooting behind the arc has been absolutely pathetic. The only kid I've seen stroke it was from North Florida.

Purdue 4-36 on 3 point shots. Helen Keller would have a better percentage. The shooting behind the arc has been absolutely pathetic. The only kid I've seen stroke it was from North Florida.

4-26, but yea, brutal performance.

Go Gophers!!

That Purdue choke job still has me fuming. They're so poised and confident when they're outfoxing us, but they fold like a cheap tent after being up 6 late against Cincy.

That Purdue choke job still has me fuming. They're so poised and confident when they're outfoxing us, but they fold like a cheap tent after being up 6 late against Cincy.

On the other hand, it was nice to see Larry Davis coach the Bearcats to a NCAA win. For the youngsters on the board, he basically recruited the Final Four team as an assistant for Clem.

Top Bottom