Lineup Next Year

So who did you most enjoy guarding?:rolleyes:

Is this a subtle question of who was the hottest? If so, none of them. 1 or 2 of them were literally bigger than me and I was 6'1 200 lbs. Not a particularly attractive roster while I was on the practice team.

Is this a subtle question of who was the hottest? If so, none of them. 1 or 2 of them were literally bigger than me and I was 6'1 200 lbs. Not a particularly attractive roster while I was on the practice team.

Either way.

Can we assume Hoops had a thing for Schonrock?:cool02:

Ha. When Waylen was around, that is the only time I followed women's hoops in my life, they had a couple of decent looking ladies and a pack of dogs (many not interested in guys anyways).

Sad that you quit watching. Banham will break all/most of Whalen's records, and I'll take AZB over J McCarville. That was a potential FF team last year until Banham got injured.

BTW I'll take Bolden over Schonrock.:)

Sad that you quit watching. Banham will break all/most of Whalen's records, and I'll take AZB over J McCarville. That was a potential FF team last year until Banham got injured.

BTW I'll take Bolden over Schonrock.:)

ROCK.JPG

The line of comments about looks and appearances of players =/ viewership is cringe-worthy....

The line of comments about looks and appearances of players =/ viewership is cringe-worthy....

Don't ever underestimate the ability of GH to make you cringe. What's amazing is several days ago mods warned people to keep on thread. Seems they were (gasp, gasp) remembering how much fun it was to watch Willie Burton instead of repeating the same uninformed guesswork and plain BS about possible recruits who will most likely end up elsewhere.

Yet people are allowed to give nasty comments on players' looks and it will most likely be ignored. To call any group of college female athletes, "A pack of dogs," is just stupid. It shouldn't matter, but the fact they're Gopher athletes makes it even more pathetic. Don't give me the "PC gone amok" defense either for being a jackass either. Maybe post a picture of yourself instead so people could comment on your looks?

Let's keep this on topic. I'm partly to blame. My hopeful depth chart by the end of the season:

PG: Dorsey / Johnson
SG: Mason / McBrayer / Johnson
SF: Morris (efficient version) / Gilbert / McBrayer
PF: Murphy / King / Buggs
C: Konate / Diedhiou / Nwankwo

Maybe post a picture of yourself instead so people could comment on your looks?

Do you get offended when women talk about Tom Brady? Are you still mad your girlfriend liked the Hoff? She's a good looking lady, especially for a WCBB player.

My depth chart for the season:

SF: Morris / McBrayer / Buggs/Gilbert
PF: King / Murphy / Buggs/Diedhiou
C: Konate / Nwankwo [/QUOTE]

start of the season:

SF: Morris / Buggs / Gilbert
PF: King / Murphy / Buggs / Diedhiou
C: Konate / Nwankwo

End of the season:

SF: Gilbert / Morris / Buggs
PF: Murphy / King / Diedhiou
C: Nwankwo / Konate

By the end of the season these four freshmen will be starting, either because they have earned it (hopefully), or because the experiment to see what King/Buggs can offer will be over. And I think GopherHole poster Jonathon will have outplayed the other centers.

If Pitino is smart...
C Nwankwo (physical presence, rebound and put back monster) Konate (still learning bb)
PF (don't really have one until Lynch but...) Konate (eh), Murphy (at 225, some low post and driving ability) Diedhou or Buggs (garbage time)
SF King (hope spot up shot is working), Gilbert (bombs away and collapse the lane) Morris (when he's hitting his shot)
SG Mason (versatile, good scorer) near split with McBrayer (mad ball skills!)
PG Dorsey (break ankles- score) Jarvis (great backup for playmaking, speed and handle)
If Lynch was available, this team would be scary. Without him, its just very good.

Don't ever underestimate the ability of GH to make you cringe. What's amazing is several days ago mods warned people to keep on thread. Seems they were (gasp, gasp) remembering how much fun it was to watch Willie Burton instead of repeating the same uninformed guesswork and plain BS about possible recruits who will most likely end up elsewhere.

Yet people are allowed to give nasty comments on players' looks and it will most likely be ignored. To call any group of college female athletes, "A pack of dogs," is just stupid. It shouldn't matter, but the fact they're Gopher athletes makes it even more pathetic. Don't give me the "PC gone amok" defense either for being a jackass either. Maybe post a picture of yourself instead so people could comment on your looks?

Does your moral compass preclude you from making "nasty comments" on fellow posters here? Apparently not.

If Pitino is smart...
C Nwankwo (physical presence, rebound and put back monster) Konate (still learning bb)
PF (don't really have one until Lynch but...) Konate (eh), Murphy (at 225, some low post and driving ability) Diedhou or Buggs (garbage time)
SF King (hope spot up shot is working), Gilbert (bombs away and collapse the lane) Morris (when he's hitting his shot)
PG Dorsey (break ankles- score) Jarvis (great backup for playmaking, speed and handle)
If Lynch was available, this team would be scary. Without him, its just very good.

Lynch is a Center, King would give us a big defensive disadvantage playing the 3, and I don't see Nwankwo starting over Bakary in pretty much any scenario.

If Pitino is smart...

yuck... No offense but that would be a terrible lineup in my eyes. Unless Pitino is going to substantially change his brand of basketball.

You can only gave two walk on players if you use all 13 schollys. There's the kid who joined last year mid season plus nwankwo buddy and the Hopkins kid. Guessing the kid last year will be cut and become a student manager if he wants. Point is with Murphy on board there's no room for Lofton.

I would imagine we'll lose Nwankwo's HS teammate as a walk-on now that Nwankwo isn't coming. That always felt like a package deal? Will be interesting to see if he's on campus in the fall.

C- Konate
PF- King/Murphy
SF-Lofton
SG-Mason
PG- Dorsey

Nwankwo was probably the one guy in this class we couldn't afford to lose (other than maybe Dorsey). We now have NO credible low post player. Terrible news.

Nwankwo was probably the one guy in this class we couldn't afford to lose (other than maybe Dorsey). We now have NO credible low post player. Terrible news.

Would EE be good enough? Because Kontae beat out the 5th year senior as a freshman.

Wank was a question mark... ranked #50 PF and #214 overall when we got him.

How could you possibly have labeled Nwankwo as "credible" already? Not to mention disregarding Konate who has shown flashes in actual college basketball games.

Considering that we just got a former Villinova grad assistant as our DOBO we might as well go all Jay Wright on the big ten and play a 4 out 1 in system. Then our lineup could be

Dorsey/Jarvis
Mason
McBrayer
Morris
Murphy

at some point during the season. Embrace the small-ball.

Pitino himself stated he didn't expect Nwankwo to come in and compete for a starting spot on his coaches show. Would have been nice to have another big in the pipeline, but he was unlikely to impact the team next year.

Top Bottom