Paul Allen asks who wins Bison vs Gophers

54DSOnW.png

Maybe P.A.'s comment is about their differing taste in women...

PA can't stand the fact that the Vikings have not been relevant since 2009.

All he needs to do is look at all of the Vikings divison losses the last two years and he realizes the team he is a schill for stinks. He focuses on the Vikings so PA should stay with what he knows. He admits he doesn't follow the Gophers football team so why bother tweeting or ripping on them.
The question he posed on Twitter if the 2014 Gophers or NDSU win is a troll question even if he say's it is for fun. He admits he doesn't follow college football but yet he chimes in with his opinion all of the time and feels the need to stir the pot and call out Gopher fans for the hate on Twitter. He knows he is trying to stir the pot that is why he feels butthurt that Gophers fans are calling him on it.
It's a moot question to ask that nobody can really answer because the teams did not play, Sagarin standings withstanding and everything we all say is just hypothetical.
I think in a one off situation in a non-conference game, with time to prepare, especially if it is the first game of the season, a successful FCS team, one that is at the tops of their division like NDSU would be competitive with the Gophers and have time and a possibility of winning. They get kids from here, many motiviated by the fact that they were told they were not good enough to play for the Gophers or worthy of a Gophers scholarship even if it is for academic reasons.
Your talking about one game where they put everything in to it like they will against Iowa in 2016, and have all of the motivation to play for to say look I was right I should have been division 1 FBS.
I have respect for what NDSU is doing, but this 2014 Gophers team was a lot better than the 2011 so it would not have been the butt kicking that 2011 was for the Bison.
I don't see any benefits to the Gophers playing NDSU, it would work the fan bases up and sell tickets, but that is about it. If they step up to division one FBS competition than maybe there would be a path to play a non-conference game again, right now were not on the schedule to play so it is moot. They like being a Big fish in a smaller pond, and that level of football seems to work for the Bison.

How about we never play and we never find out?

I vote for that.

I don't see any benefits to the Gophers playing NDSU, it would work the fan bases up and sell tickets, but that is about it.
Sounds like a pretty good reason to me......Again, losing this game doesn't mean you start losing scholarship recruits to the FCS.

I can't tell who's more butthurt right now... PA or GHers? :confused: :cry:

Who would win between announcers Paul Allen or Jim Carr?

It's asinine and just trolling to ask who would win between NDSU and the current Gophers, and y'all are giving PA exactly what he wanted by responding and arguing with him.

It's all in good fun. I'm a Gophers fan first.....but I love the Vikings as well. Just taking a jab back at PA. He cared enough to respond.

Just for fun, I went to look at the tweet and saw that there are at least 663 idiots following PA. That's how many retweets there were.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the Gophers were trained by that bad boy Willard and his rat commandos, I am sure a pack of Pocket Gophers could take down a Bison.

gopherhole is more butthurt

Most of us are just using this to make fun of him once again. Have you ever listened to PA? He acts like a child all the time when someone makes fun of him.

PA is the Hawk Harrelson of the NFL.

I've seen enough NDSU games the past couple of years to know I can't say the Gophers would win, no question about it. NDSU is competitive and usually beats whoever they play... D1, D1AA, etc. If we played NDSU in one game i'd say it is 50-50 if we win.

I've seen enough NDSU games the past couple of years to know I can't say the Gophers would win, no question about it. NDSU is competitive and usually beats whoever they play... D1, D1AA, etc. If we played NDSU in one game i'd say it is 50-50 if we win.

Those would be ambitious odds given that this year's Minnesota team was better than any team NDSU has beaten in their entire history.

STFU already you knobs. Honestly, if some of you tools want to talk fantasyland b.s. about north dakota football then go do it on their GD forum/board, whatever it is called. Just because some of you quite obviously grew up in that part of the country and thus perhaps have a soft spot for them (i.e. like talking about them--however idiotic it may be--whenever you can) doesn't mean that 95% of the rest of Gopherhole gives two sh!tes about them, their lame ass, step-down/weak FCS championship, or some dumb a$$ TROLL tweet from a freaking goofy looking putz like Paul Allen of all people. A man who doesn't know jack about the Gophers and college football.

We played with and only lost by 7 to national champion/B1G champion OSU, held next year's possible pre-season favorite for the NC in TCU to their lowest scoring total of the season, beat Nebraska in Lincoln, whooped Michigan in Ann Arbor, beat down Iowa 51-14, play better at some key points and probably should have beaten Wisconsin and SEC East champ Missouri. And yet some clueless dolts in this thread are actually suggesting that north freaking dakota could play on the same field with us. Truly mind boggling, idiotic stuff to say the least. This has to be one of the dumbest, most dragged out threads on here in a while.

Honest to FUCH! :rolleyes:

Please lock this thread. It sucks. I'm sick of seeing it at the top of the page.

Most of us are just using this to make fun of him once again. Have you ever listened to PA? He acts like a child all the time when someone makes fun of him.

PA is the Hawk Harrelson of the NFL.
This is true. I used to rip the hell out of him on Rube Chat for his stupid, idiotic Bud Bundy Grandmaster B act where every other word ended in "izzle" and he went on the radio and called me fat.

STFU already you knobs. Honestly, if some of you tools want to talk fantasyland b.s. about north dakota football then go do it on their GD forum/board, whatever it is called. Just because some of you quite obviously grew up north in that part of the region/country and thus perhaps have a soft spot for them (i.e. like talking about them whenever you can) doesn't mean that 95% of the rest of Gopherhole gives two sh!tes about them, their lame ass step-down/weak FCS championship, or some dumb a$$ TROLL tweet from a freaking goofy looking putz like Paul Allen of all people. A man who doesn't know jack about the Gophers and college football. We played with and only lost by 7 to the B1G champ OSU playing for the NC, held next year's possible pre-season favorite for the NC in TCU to their lowest scoring total of the season, beat Nebraska in Lincoln, whooped Michigan in Ann Arbor, beat down Iowa 51-14, play better at some key points in the games and probably should have beaten Wisconsin and SEC East champ Missouri and some clueless idiots in this thread are actually suggesting that north freaking dakota could play on the same field with us. Truly mind boggling, idiotic stuff to say the least. This has to be one of the dumbest, most dragged out threads on here in a while. Honest to FUCH! :rolleyes:

+100

STFU already you knobs. Honestly, if some of you tools want to talk fantasyland b.s. about north dakota football then go do it on their GD forum/board, whatever it is called. Just because some of you quite obviously grew up north in that part of the region/country and thus perhaps have a soft spot for them (i.e. like talking about them whenever you can) doesn't mean that 95% of the rest of Gopherhole gives two sh!tes about them, their lame ass step-down/weak FCS championship, or some dumb a$$ TROLL tweet from a freaking goofy looking putz like Paul Allen of all people. A man who doesn't know jack about the Gophers and college football.

We played with and only lost by 7 to the B1G champ OSU playing for the NC, held next year's possible pre-season favorite for the NC in TCU to their lowest scoring total of the season, beat Nebraska in Lincoln, whooped Michigan in Ann Arbor, beat down Iowa 51-14, play better at some key points in the games and probably should have beaten Wisconsin and SEC East champ Missouri and some clueless idiots in this thread are actually suggesting that north freaking dakota could play on the same field with us. Truly mind boggling, idiotic stuff to say the least. This has to be one of the dumbest, most dragged out threads on here in a while.

Honest to FUCH! :rolleyes:
Haven't taken you seriously since we learned that you wear Star Wars pajamas!

That's really not how statistics work.

Good thing football isn't a math problem. My thought is NDSU has proved they can compete againist many D1 schools over the years. I don't think they have the depth to play a full D1 schedule. So if they played the Gophers 10 times the Gophers would end up winning more games.

Good thing football isn't a math problem. My thought is NDSU has proved they can compete againist many D1 schools over the years. I don't think they have the depth to play a full D1 schedule. So if they played the Gophers 10 times the Gophers would end up winning more games.

ND has not proven anything. They have won some games against D1 teams that are at the bottom of the barrel when they play them. How many Appalachian State fans are posting on the Michigan board saying they are better than them since they beat them once?

Sac up, or shut up bison. You've worn out your welcome. I don't care about you.

ND has not proven anything. They have won some games against D1 teams that are at the bottom of the barrel when they play them. How many Appalachian State fans are posting on the Michigan board saying they are better than them since they beat them once?

Even with the new coach I don't think Michigan fans have a large list of teams they would dominate right now. App State is now FBS by the way.

Would not be surprised at all if this years Mankato State team would beat NDSU. I think it would be a 2 out of 10 games type but still could.

Don't kid yourself. Division II football is terrible. The NSIC is even worse than that.

Don't kid yourself. Division II football is terrible. The NSIC is even worse than that.

I really hope you're an NDSU fan making that comment. You're an NDSU fan right? Please be an NDSU fan.

I really hope you're an NDSU fan making that comment. You're an NDSU fan right? Please be an NDSU fan.

No, he's right. D2 isn't a good level of football. I think you're going to see more schools at that level drop football as you can't make money at it, and as a scholarship sport it causes huge title IX issues. And the NSIC has never been a power conference. They've had some good years lately, only because the real powerhouses have moved to FCS at this point. Before the NCC broke up, the NSIC rarely if even sent teams to the playoffs as they were always a tier below in terms of play as well as not issuing the max scholarships for D2.

So good for MSU, but other than NAIA, D2 football is the least important level of football. At least at D3, you have average kids playing for fun and since most are private schools, the kids seem to care more about going to games. D2 is primarily state schools where everyone leaves for the weekend and few care about the game, yet it costs a lot of money.

Oh, and Paul Allen is a jackwagon. Just so I'm on topic here.

People on this board are delusional if they think playing NDSU is a cake walk and I'm not even an NDSU fan. Quite frankly my feelings on NDSU are indifferent, my college football interest pecking order is D1, D2, D3, D1AA, NAIA

Most of you, it seems, have no idea what you are talking about with regard to the levels of college football. If you want to belittle NDSU football, go ahead, but you don't need to sound like complete football idiots in the process. It might be beneath you, but the levels of college football are . . .

DI Subdivision-FBS max 85 MN
DI Subdivision-FCS max 63 NDSU
DII max 36 (NSIC max 28) MN State
DIII 0 St Thomas
NAIA ?? in MN, Jamestown University

Most of you, it seems, have no idea what you are talking about with regard to the levels of college football. If you want to belittle NDSU football, go ahead, but you don't need to sound like complete football idiots in the process. It might be beneath you, but the levels of college football are . . .

DI Subdivision-FBS max 85 MN
DI Subdivision-FCS max 63 NDSU
DII max 36 (NSIC max 28) MN State
DIII 0 St Thomas
NAIA ?? in MN, Jamestown University

Why are you here? Everything we say about NDSU is solely to rustle your and your peers feathers.

You have got to be the only fan base that tries to seek approval from other people after you win a championship. You just won your 4th straight title and you're on GopherHole. What is wrong with you? You guys should take after UW-Whitewater and enjoy your dynasty without being annoying.

And it's not just you and the few others who are over here trying to seek approval. It's your ENTIRE fan base. They're so desperate that they reference the same mathematical analysis that has Arkansas as a top 10 team in the country. The same analysis that has ELEVEN SEC teams in the top 27. THE TOP 27!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bison finished #32 among all D-I teams in Sagarin Ratings.
That's #1 in AAC, Mtn West, MAC & Sun Belt.
That's #5 in Big Ten, Big 12 & ACC.</p>— NDSU Bison Football (@NDSUfootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/554690293899874304">January 12, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom