Paul Allen asks who wins Bison vs Gophers

Who would win? Ohio State vs. Vikings.... tOSU by 17

PA is about as over dramatic as a 49 year old male can get, but he is an entertainer on the radio. Some people get way too butt-hurt over things like this. Unlike Iowa, KFAN does broadcast in Fargo, and he has quite a few listeners in that area.

The Gophers would still hang 50 on NDSU this year though.

In 2007, NDSU beat a 1-11 Gophers team. In 2011, NDSU beat a 3-9 Gophers team. In 2007 and 2011, NDSU had just one loss, just like this season. Sure, it's possible that NDSU could win, but this year's Minnesota team is a whole lot better than they were in 2007 or 2011. If they really want to make the comparison, move up to the FBS.

Good find. He's a joke. I can't stand his radio show.

A lot of people can't stand the Common Man, but my favorite part of my work day is listening to his opening montage to hear if he'll make fun of Mr. Allen. I don't recall the circumstances, but something happened to the Vikings where they lost the ball or got penalized and then subsequently got the ball back via pick or fumble and he yelled "Take that!" into the radio like a petulant child. With the creepy stalker way he talks about women on the radio, and I can only imagine that Clear Channel's legal team is at the ready to defend against a sexual harassment suit at any moment.

This years Gophs would win this game. NDSU is a hell of a team and has dynasty discussion, even if it could be justified they should've moved up. But after watching Roberson run away from their D backs and their RB do the same, it's just aparent that our team speed is greater. Could NDSU beat us? Yeah but it would be more like a 2/10 type of thing where in the past it was more of a coin flip

This years Gophs would win this game. NDSU is a hell of a team and has dynasty discussion, even if it could be justified they should've moved up. But after watching Roberson run away from their D backs and their RB do the same, it's just aparent that our team speed is greater. Could NDSU beat us? Yeah but it would be more like a 2/10 type of thing where in the past it was more of a coin flip

When they were one of the best teams in their level, playing the closest major conference school, one many of them grew up fans of and wished recruited them, playing what was essentially their super bowl, they beat terrible MN teams with poor leadership, little talent and little motivation. Congrats. That's a whole different animal from beating an actual good, top 25 caliber team which we were this year

Northern Iowa beat NDSU 23-3 this year. NDSU's signature win was over Iowa State by the score of 34-14. It should be noted that Iowa State finished the year 2-10 and didn't win one conference game. Paul Allen is falling out of favor so he has to come up with something to create some controversy.

Northern Iowa beat NDSU 23-3 this year. NDSU's signature win was over Iowa State by the score of 34-14. It should be noted that Iowa State finished the year 2-10 and didn't win one conference game. Paul Allen is falling out of favor so he has to come up with something to create some controversy.
How could their signature win be one of their easiest games?

Ditto that - and they bring a lot of fans with them. They outplayed us the last three contests, winning two and missing the third win on a last second field goal that hit the uprights.

Wait what? That field goal was blocked! That was the only play the defense really flexed there muscles and caved in the middle of the line. I have no problem with you being proud of your Bison, as the game it self was far too close, but the kick was not close.

R
Would not be surprised at all if this years Mankato State team would beat NDSU. I think it would be a 2 out of 10 games type but still could.

IF Mankato was 15-1 and NDSU was 8-5, I certainly wouldn't be running my mouth and talking down to them. Especially if we had lost the last 2 games to them. Is the nsic even close to the Valley, No . . . But I'd have more sense and respect than to be belittling Mankato in that circumstance.

Lol....I shot a tweet at him asking who'd win between the Buckeyes and the Vikings. Or the Vikings and the rest of the NFC North. He responded saying that he likes pros and I like amateurs. HAHAHAHA!

R

IF Mankato was 15-1 and NDSU was 8-5, I certainly wouldn't be running my mouth and talking down to them. Especially if we had lost the last 2 games to them. Is the nsic even close to the Valley, No . . . But I'd have more sense and respect than to be belittling Mankato in that circumstance.

Sure you wouldn't.

Lol....I shot a tweet at him asking who'd win between the Buckeyes and the Vikings. Or the Vikings and the rest of the NFC North. He responded saying that he likes pros and I like amateurs. HAHAHAHA!

Ah man. He ignored me entirely when I called him on his hypocrisy.

R

Respect? Gopher fans have been far, far more respectful of NDSU than Bison fans have been of the Gophers.

54DSOnW.png

He hasn't bothered to message back.....

Paul Allen is the absolute worst at everything he does.

His show is unlistenable. I can't listen to his Vikings game calling. He sucks big time.

What a stupid question. Gophers would dominate and while the game may be close for a quarter or even a half, they would win going away by 3 TD's. This isn't a Tim Brewster team.

If you guys are so pissed at PA why not flood his show with phone calls? He's going to have the ndsu head coach on today, call in and bust on PA and ndsu.

Do you always put words in other peoples mouths?

Between this comment and the comment about Aaron Rodgers winning the north division for the next 10 years, I'm starting to wonder if someone has taken over your account. The only thing missing is for you to say that Kentucky would beat the Sixers, but I don't think we'll get the trifecta out of you.

Nope, I would never suggest a college basketball or college football team could beat even the worst pro team. You need to re-read my post.

What I suggested is a good Mountain West team (which I'm suggesting NDSU is in its current state) certainly could compete with the Gophers, who in their current state are an above-average but not particularly offensively explosive Big Ten team. If the Gophers were a team that could move up & down the field with precision like an Ohio State, Oregon, Michigan State, Baylor, or a TCU, etc., I'd feel differently.

And unless my memory is completely shot, you butchered what I said about the Gophers/Vikings question regarding who'd win a divisional title first, the Vikings or Gophers. Simply, I said as long as Aaron Rodgers is the Packers QB (I didn't put a specific number of years on it), I like the Gophers' chances of winning a Big Ten West title before the Vikings win a NFC North title. Was that too difficult to comprehend?

R

The Gophers had a .625 winning percentage in the Big Ten this year. How many teams in NDSU's history have beaten a Power 5 team with a .625 or better winning percentage in their conference?

Following Paul Allen on Twitter is almost as bad as listening to him on the radio. Why would you do that to yourself?

NDSU head coach Klieman on PA's show this morning "Minnesota has a great thing going on, they're so good we wouldn't want to play them every year, we caught them at the right time in 2011, much tougher to play a full FBS slate but would be nice to get another 22 scholarships if they were playing in FBS"

1. Paul Allen is a raving moron. Worst play by play man in the history of sports, and a class "D" radio personality.
2. The Gophers this and last year would have kicked the crap out of NDSU.
3. NDSU fans are some of the most insecure sports fans I have ever seen.
4. A good number of NDSU key players would never have been eligible for admission to a B1G school... which is why they end up in Fargo.
5. I've been to Fargo. I guess if I lived there I would be a fan too...it would be SOMETHING to do.

Pros? He's really using that term for an organization that is 0-4 in Super Bowls, choked hard in '98 after going 15-1 in the regular season, and lost in '09 due to 12 men on the field?

I think NDSU would be able to compete with and possibly beat half the Big Ten teams in a given year. That is based on a single non conference game.
They would not be able to handle an 8 game Big Ten schedule. Sure, they could get up for one non conference game against Illinois. But could they go Michigan St., Iowa, Wisconsin, and then Illinois in four weeks?
I would also love to see a team like Boise St finish the year with the same four teams we just did and not lose 2-3 games.

It's asinine and just trolling to ask who would win between NDSU and the current Gophers, and y'all are giving PA exactly what he wanted by responding and arguing with him.

That said, there is one small way that NDSU being so good is a bit of a thorn in our side (as well as Nebraska's probably), in that the types of guys we used to be able to get as walk-ons now seem to often instead end up going to NDSU on scholarship. Sure most of those guys don't end up being B1G quality players, but a few do, and it would've been nice to get them as walk-ons.

It's asinine and just trolling to ask who would win between NDSU and the current Gophers, and y'all are giving PA exactly what he wanted by responding and arguing with him.

That said, there is one small way that NDSU being so good is a bit of a thorn in our side (as well as Nebraska's probably), in that the types of guys we used to be able to get as walk-ons now seem to often instead end up going to NDSU on scholarship. Sure most of those guys don't end up being B1G quality players, but a few do, and it would've been nice to get them as walk-ons.
We're not much of a rival for Ohio State or Michigan if recruiting is all that counts. Kill is definitely proving that you don't have to out-recruit teams to beat them on the field.

NDSU head coach Klieman on PA's show this morning "Minnesota has a great thing going on, they're so good we wouldn't want to play them every year, we caught them at the right time in 2011, much tougher to play a full FBS slate but would be nice to get another 22 scholarships if they were playing in FBS"

So there is a smart guy in North Dakota...

Top Bottom