Sun Country is adding more flights to Orlando!!!

Maybe if enough additional people show interest they can work on getting more flights? Email, call, twitter ...

Exactly what Jike said. This first round of Sun Country flights hasn't sold out. Why on earth would they schedule more?

+1. Honestly, some of you who want to go to the bowl game and spend some time in Florida, and yet are still dragging your feet on making the necessary arrangements will have no one to blame but yourself. The seats still available from Sun Country at this hour are in fact still very good deals. Move it or lose it. And then don't come here and bitch about it if you miss out on a deal or going on the trip. Just saying. ;)

P.S. I say in instances like this follow the old adage that it's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission. Make a man of the house decision, make the purchase and let your wife and/or girlfriend know this is what you two will be doing for New Year's, this is what it cost, and that is just how it is going to be. :cool02:

Who is bitching? Several here found out about the deal and tried to get tickets but were too late. No one was bitching about it.

Who is bitching? Several here found out about the deal and tried to get tickets but were too late. No one was bitching about it.

Maybe not bitching....but people online are scoffing at $400 airfare just because they were late to the party on $200 airfare, when $400 flights would've been cause for a parade at this time yesterday.

Maybe not bitching....but people online are scoffing at $400 airfare just because they were late to the party on $200 airfare, when $400 flights would've been cause for a parade at this time yesterday.

As someone that studies behavioral finance for "fun" - this is a classic example of price anchoring. It's amazing really.

Go Gophers!!

I booked tickets for my son and me at $420 last night and we are both excited that it's direct and that it was $400 less than the other options. There was no way I was going to miss this game even if it meant trying to hitch a ride on this sweet van. Is this your's Dr. Don?
van.jpg

Exactly what Jike said. This first round of Sun Country flights hasn't sold out. Why on earth would they schedule more?

This is pretty awesome of SC to do. Anyone who thinks they could just snap their fingers and make this happen for fun it nuts, and anyone who thinks they are making much money on it is nuts to. Really awesome step-up by SC here.

We booked the January 1st early morning flight out and late night same day flight home at $420. Looks like we will be tailgaiting on the flight down. Anyone else book this?

We booked the January 1st early morning flight out and late night same day flight home at $420. Looks like we will be tailgaiting on the flight down. Anyone else book this?

This is the sign of a true fan! Kudos to you guys. I think Sun Country has Surly these days so you can have a nice breakfast at least.

Great news by Sun Country. Hopefully as the program grows, these plans can be made a little earlier. I booked tickets about a week ago after waiting for a few days for options. It would be nice to have viable travel options like these made ahead of time so people can plan, communicate with family, and book tickets. I went to Tempe, Arizona bowl game vs. Kansas and had a blast. I will be making my second bowl trip on 1/1. If more fans see how much fun it is to travel to bowl games we may be getting more demand and hopefully will give the U/Sun Country/whoever an idea that it is worth traveling to these places. A lot of us do not want/need the glitzy week vacation, some are happy have a few drinks on a plane going to the game and going back to the airport.

Just my $0.02 but if Sun Country continues to sell out it's charter flights for this trip I could see them "planning" for X number of flights to be available each year around this time and schedule them depending on where the Gophers are playing.

In other words, we could see more non-stop flight options available for Gopher bowl games right away. This year it seemed everything was so reactionary.

As an aside, this could be one way the Gophers could develop a reputation for traveling BETTER than others. Having our University in a big city provides much better access to flights.

Got this e-mail from Sun Country about an hour ago.

<tbody>
</tbody>
We cheer on the hometown no matter where they go! We've added flights just in time for the Gophers big bowl game in Orlando on New Year's Day! Flights depart Minneapolis/St. Paul on Dec 31 and Jan 1 and return Jan 1, 3, and 4.

<tbody>
</tbody>

I checked flights on Allegiant from Phoenix/Mesa to Orlando for this game.

All things available are standby.

Dry run for me.

First flight out, last flight back on the 1st is now $373.20 per person.

Great news by Sun Country. Hopefully as the program grows, these plans can be made a little earlier. I booked tickets about a week ago after waiting for a few days for options. It would be nice to have viable travel options like these made ahead of time so people can plan, communicate with family, and book tickets. I went to Tempe, Arizona bowl game vs. Kansas and had a blast. I will be making my second bowl trip on 1/1. If more fans see how much fun it is to travel to bowl games we may be getting more demand and hopefully will give the U/Sun Country/whoever an idea that it is worth traveling to these places. A lot of us do not want/need the glitzy week vacation, some are happy have a few drinks on a plane going to the game and going back to the airport.

Are they going to arrange for shuttle buses to and from the airport?

GopherLady do you have a specific person you were conversing with at Sun Country and an email for them so I can send them a personal thank you?

3 of us on that itinerary.

I booked tickets for my son and me at $420 last night and we are both excited that it's direct and that it was $400 less than the other options. There was no way I was going to miss this game even if it meant trying to hitch a ride on this sweet van. Is this your's Dr. Don?
View attachment 3247

When did you spot that van? That is one sweet ride.

4 of us booked the early flight on the 1st and home after the game later that day. I saw a question about a shuttle to the game, does anyone know anything about that? I would think there will be a good number of Gopher fans going down on that flight so maybe we can put something together to get to the game?

Also, what are people on that flight doing before the game for tailgating etc?

I don't know your arrival time but there is a big tailgate party at the Stadium area sponsored by the Alumni Assoc. from 10:00 to 1:00 Hot buffet, beer and wine for $69 per.
4 of us booked the early flight on the 1st and home after the game later that day. I saw a question about a shuttle to the game, does anyone know anything about that? I would think there will be a good number of Gopher fans going down on that flight so maybe we can put something together to get to the game?

If ya can't load up with Bloody Marys and beer on that flight, ya ain't a man.

This would have been perfect and what I was hoping for in a previous post - would ya go bowling if.... sadly I can't attend due to not being able to get out of work that morning at 0500 to make the flight. :(

Top Bottom