Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Looks like a young Ed McCaffrey or Steve Largent.

Lean and leggy....deceptive..... make him look slow, but he 'aint.

Offer only, no verbal commitment, but based on his list, I like our chances.

Just an offer the day after flipping another QB and convincing Rhoda to stick around though.

Well, Seth Green and Mark Williams are still in question....
Both are current suspended pending an appeal. Who knows how their appeals are going to go.... Reduced to probation? Cleared?

Would probation mean no football, or just an extremely short leash?

All these offers and commits are great, but can someone call PJ and tell him we're about to lose like 5 defensive backs and are only bringing in 3 this class?

This may explain the Estes offer.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Or perhaps if Fleck can get Estes to commit, that may also be an impetus to go after his good friend and top WR prospect Jeff Thomas, who is still uncommitted anywhere (yes he's a big fish, but I don't think Fleck will back down from going after anybody). Apparently Estes had been trying to get Thomas to join him at Mizzo after he switched from his Western Michigan commitment.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/418

Getting their top rated DB would be nice! There doesn't seem to be any news regarding him switching his commit tho.

KJ Anderson, the WMU DB commit out of Georgia might be worth flipping. The program he is coming out of (Buford) is one of the elite programs in the state. We need the DB's and he is probably at least as highly rated as the other players we had taken from the peach state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fleck already met with the MFCA this morning at Concordia University.

Fleck already met with the MFCA this morning at Concordia University.

Any word on how he was received??

Fleck spoke last year on Thursday night of the MFCA clinic and he was well received by all the coaches I talked to then. Don't know how this meeting went

per Greder:

But the volume and speed at which those six players jumped to the Gophers caught Goblirsch flat-footed.

“It was unreal,” Goblirsch said. “It was impressive by the standpoint of how everything came. And I’m not positive that we are done yet.”

Those six commitments pledged to Fleck based on their faith in him. Two of the recruits, Tanner Morgan and Trenton Guthrie, will enroll at the U this month.

“It shows the commitment that they had to P.J. Fleck as a coach,” Goblirsch said.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/0...that-followed-new-coach-p-j-fleck-to-gophers/

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Interesting. So between him and Estes, we see Fleck going back to guys offered by WMU that ended up committing to bigger schools. Looks like that will continue.

Also looks like Fleck is very worried about our WR's.

Interesting. So between him and Estes, we see Fleck going back to guys offered by WMU that ended up committing to bigger schools. Looks like that will continue.

Also looks like Fleck is very worried about our WR's.

Must have watched tape last night.

Different team, facilities and location, he should go to all players who he recruited and sell the U

Ray Estes 6'0, 161 lbs? Holy cow is he tiny. Awfully tough to play quarterback when you can't see over your offensive linemen.

Ray Estes 6'0, 161 lbs? Holy cow is he tiny. Awfully tough to play quarterback when you can't see over your offensive linemen.
161 pounds is tiny, but 6'0 drew brees and 5'11 russel Wilson would argue about 6' being too short

161 pounds is tiny, but 6'0 drew brees and 5'11 russel Wilson would argue about 6' being too short

Did someone say Too Short?!
29d6348a9c236e162f6db64b6eddd870.jpg

This class is going to be decent.

Top Bottom