Official 2017 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

According to his 247 profile, JuCo QB is now NOT visiting this weekend. It recently had him visiting Ole Miss 12/8 and Minn 12/10. We were also downgraded from Warm to Cool. His crystal ball is 100% to Ole Miss.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Taamu-46035515
Doogie's prediction that our starter for next year isn't on the roster, is looking less and less accurate by the day.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Shane Morris is transferring from Michigan...

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Zaire said he wants to play in a pro style offense. Our staff said they prefer a duel threat/zone read QB.

Zaire said he wants to play in a pro style offense. Our staff said they prefer a duel threat/zone read QB.

Gophers do a lot of pro set plays. He want's to play in a pro style offense because of his NFL prospects.

If we had a guy, who knew a guy, who had some green, that could land in the young man's hands, I bet it would improve any chances if there were one at all.

I'm sure Wooger would be up for it...just needs a baseball cap and a bathroom to meet the guy.

He's cool, but has no other offers according to 247... not sure hard to get is the right route in that situation.
According to scout and rivals he has a couple other offers. His best offer is Troy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Looks like we're back in the running for Ta'amu. Goblirsch just flipped from ole miss to gopher crystal ball.

This kid can run but a lot of his passes were behind his WRs. And even before knowing about any of his stats, I just assumed he would have a bad completion and td/int ratio. And indeed he does. No thanks!
That's a bit harsh. If they are wanting to go to more of a dual threat QB this guy seems to fit the bill. I'd probably wait on Ta'amu first, but this guy looks like a good fallback option.

That's a bit harsh. If they are wanting to go to more of a dual threat QB this guy seems to fit the bill. I'd probably wait on Ta'amu first, but this guy looks like a good fallback option.

Really have to keep in mind that these guys are JUCO for a reason. Have to be able to get into the U and do OK in the classroom.

I'd rather roll with Seth or Demry than Ta'amu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is how I feel too. They have been in our system now and should know it fairly well. Let's see what we have.

I would prefer to have a player with some experience at the JC level to compete with the two Redshirts and see who comes out the winner. Three options is better than two when all are unproven at the college level.

I would prefer to have a player with some experience at the JC level to compete with the two Redshirts and see who comes out the winner. Three options is better than two when all are unproven at the college level.

Odds they bring in a JuCo and don't start him?

I'd like to have a QB who is a weapon. Maybe that's as a passer, but if he's a great runner, I could live with that. A mediocre passer and mediocre runner didn't do anything for us this year. It sounds like we won't have the perfect QB next year. Let's find one who can give us a different dimension SOMEHOW.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Odds they bring in a JuCo and don't start him?

I don't know what the odds would be for any of the candidates. All are unproven as college quarterbacks at the Big 10 level. I do know the more options you have the better chance in finding one that works.

Maybe we are so focused on QBs when instead we should be looking at WRs who are game changers with speed and sure hands.

Makes me wonder if you put in McSorley if he will struggle like Leidner with the receiving corpse that we have. I am not knocking these guys. Conversely, how would Leidner fare if he was the starting QB at Penn State?

Maybe we are so focused on QBs when instead we should be looking at WRs who are game changers with speed and sure hands.

Makes me wonder if you put in McSorley if he will struggle like Leidner with the receiving corpse that we have. I am not knocking these guys. Conversely, how would Leidner fare if he was the starting QB at Penn State?

Nice Freudian slip. If intentional well done. Forthwith, they shall be named the receiving corpse until Holland and Gentry are released from captivity.

Let's not kid ourselves. Mitch was usually slow on the trigger leading to contested throws and interceptions, and/or failed to check down or throw it away, or underthrew or overthrew his receivers on a regular basis.

That's not to excuse the receiving corpse and the staff that recruited and developed them.

Top Bottom