PiPress: Andre McDonald out of fall camp for a violation of team rules

* Asked if the game plan changes with Andre McDonald out (violation of team rules), offensive coordinator Matt Limegrover said, “Not really because, to be honest with you, Andre had a lot of work that he needed to do to really be a force for us. He would have had that opportunity, had he been able to stick around. But you know, we’re really starting to get comfortable with five or six [receivers], and I think those guys are feeling good.

“Other than maybe getting nicked up a little bit here or there in practice, I think we’re going to be healthy and we’re going to have a pretty good group.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/220568451.html

Go Gophers!!

dumb question- do they drug test college fb players?? is it an ncaa mandate? up to the team?

dumb question- do they drug test college fb players?? is it an ncaa mandate? up to the team?

Without reading Dr. Don's like, NCAA only tests for steroids, up to individual schools to test for recreational drugs. At first Mason seemed to do it once a year, usually in the spring, but I think there was a year/spring where no test was done.

Without reading Dr. Don's link, NCAA only tests for steroids, up to individual schools to test for recreational drugs. At first Mason seemed to do it once a year, usually in the spring, but I think there was a year/spring where no test was done.

Tim, read the link, more than you say.

Tim, read the link, more than you say.

NCAA comes by once a year to test for roids and its up to each school to test on their own, which 90% do. Which is in line with what I thought but not quite what I wrote.

He'll be re-evaluated after the UNLV game. To me that seems like a minor issue, not a "holy-crap-you-did-something-completely-unforgivable-you're-off-the-team-forever" infraction.

Let's see what happens after the game next week before we start to prosecute him.

NCAA comes by once a year to test for roids and its up to each school to test on their own, which 90% do. Which is in line with what I thought but not quite what I wrote.

I heard from a buddy who played D2 NCAA baseball that the NCAA tests are an absolute joke. You know about them weeks in advance (plenty of time for the body to naturally clean itself) and the only way you could get caught is if you're an absolute moron. His school did not do it's own testing. He said it was not uncommon for players to be hanging out openly with MaryJane and the coaches just looked the other way so long as they didn't fail a test.

Granted, that's D2 but he said at least at the time the NCAA was required to give all athletes something like 6 week notice before a test. Which makes sense - when's the last time a player was caught by the NCAA? (Which would result in an automatic one year suspension and loss of a year of eligibility according to the FAQ on the page linked by Dr. Don)

My favorite from the FAQ on the page linked by Dr. Don - schools can choose to not test their players. But if they do test they HAVE to have penalties and they HAVE to enforce those penalties or they are in violation. It almost makes you wonder why a school would choose to test.

I wonder if there was a Michael Phelps like picture on Facebook or something rather than an actual positive test?

Thanks doc! I owe you a beer when i see you at a game. I can't miss that sweet raccoon coat.

My favorite from the FAQ on the page linked by Dr. Don - schools can choose to not test their players. But if they do test they HAVE to have penalties and they HAVE to enforce those penalties or they are in violation. It almost makes you wonder why a school would choose to test.

I guess it depends on what the coaches priority is: winning at any cost or ensuring that the players have some measure of responsibility. I think we have our answer here.

Is Parski really banned, or is it some kind of "funny"???

Top Bottom