All Things Class of 2015 Recruiting - Class Finally Complete? Nope Chris Obekpa visit

HP EYBL defeated Kentucky Retro 70-58 with Jarvis Johnson tallying 18pts/2reb/4ast, Sam Neumann 16pts/5reb/2ast/1blk and Joe Rosga 13pts/3reb/3ast3stl. Others: Brock Bertram 7pts/5reb/1blk, Josh Collins 6pts/2reb/2ast, Jordan Horn 5pts/3reb/1stl, Bjorn Broman 4pts/2reb//2ast and Ish El-Amin 2ast

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s2jp4k

HP EYBL defeated Kentucky Retro 70-58 with Jarvis Johnson tallying 18pts/2reb/4ast, Sam Neumann 16pts/5reb/2ast/1blk and Joe Rosga 13pts/3reb/3ast3stl. Others: Brock Bertram 7pts/5reb/1blk, Josh Collins 6pts/2reb/2ast, Jordan Horn 5pts/3reb/1stl, Bjorn Broman 4pts/2reb//2ast and Ish El-Amin 2ast

So i assume Alex was still out with the broken nose, correct?

Horn has got a lot of game only going into his sophmore season.

As a matter of fact his school Tartan High has 2 other studs going into their sophmore year.
one's name is Emanuel Humphrey and I forgot the others name.

My bad if there is a 2017 recruiting thread that I dont know about.

Fun fact, Marshawn Wilson is ranked as the 8th RB in the state by North Star football. Never knew he played.

I also like Sam Neumann. High-motor player that can shoot, play good D, and rebound.

I'm growing less and less confident about getting Jarvis to commit with the U. Pitino and co. Having been showing a lot of interest in Dupree McBrayer. I feel like McBrayer, Illikainen, and Jarvis are the top Targets as of now. McBrayer possibly the number 1

I also like Sam Neumann. High-motor player that can shoot, play good D, and rebound.

I'm growing less and less confident about getting Jarvis to commit with the U. Pitino and co. Having been showing a lot of interest in Dupree McBrayer. I feel like McBrayer, Illikainen, and Jarvis are the top Targets as of now. McBrayer possibly the number 1
Do you mean Chris Clarke, not Jarvis?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>You want to know how much <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Gophers?src=hash">#Gophers</a> want 2015 guard Dupree McBrayer. Richard Pitino and two assistants watched him together today at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Fab48?src=hash">#Fab48</a>.</p>— Marcus R. Fuller (@GophersNow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GophersNow/statuses/492394007637417984">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

After watching some highlights of McBrayer for the first time, I really, really want him if we aren't going to get Clarke. I think our class is going to end up being Dorsey, McBrayer, Jarvis, and AI. And I'm extremely excited about it.

After watching some highlights of McBrayer for the first time, I really, really want him if we aren't going to get Clarke. I think our class is going to end up being Dorsey, McBrayer, Jarvis, and AI. And I'm extremely excited about it.

I'd be perfectly happy with that class, but I wonder if we'd still be able to get Jarvis if we already have both Dorsey AND McBrayer, who reportedly also plays some PG. We'd be pretty set at guard if we do!

Watch some highlights of McBrayer, he is a good ball handler but I definitely see him as a SF primarily. He is a very lanky 6'4 which would allow him to guard SFs. I definitely think we could start (at some point) a line up of Dorsey, Jarvis, and McBrayer at the 1-3.

Watch some highlights of McBrayer, he is a good ball handler but I definitely see him as a SF primarily. He is a very lanky 6'4 which would allow him to guard SFs. I definitely think we could start (at some point) a line up of Dorsey, Jarvis, and McBrayer at the 1-3.

I'm sure McBrayer can play the 3, I've just read that he is more of a two who prefers to play the 1. If that's true, he might not commit if the plan is to use him primarily at the 3. If he is okay with playing mostly the 3 though I'm sure a commitment from him won't hurt our chances too much with Jarvis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySjuQ6UzBfk

Here's an interview with McBrayer and one of his teamates at The Reebok Breakout Camp.

-He said the Minnesota visit was good. It was 90 and 87 degrees the two days he was here. Jokingly said he met a few girls.

-He just turned 19 years old and is looking to choose a Prep School.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1662096

Morrow getting visits in place

Iowa and Nebraska will get official visits from Edward Morrow.
While Brunson was the leading scorer for the Mac Irvin Fire on Wednesday night, 6-foot-7 power forward Edward Morrow provided plenty of interior toughness.

The 6-foot-7 listing might even be a bit generous, but with his long arms, strong shoulders and bouncy athleticism, Morrow plays pretty big. Near the rim he tries to dunk everything and he has very good hands. He rebounds, he does dirty work and the No. 104 player in 2015 makes plays that help teams win games.

Morrow downplayed his effort saying that he was sluggish from traveling earlier in the day, but in the eyes of Rivals.com he played plenty well.

Morrow is also in the process of setting up official visits.

"I have two that I'm going to take to Iowa and Nebraska," said Morrow. "I haven't got the dates set yet but I'm visiting them. I'll pick more from the other schools recruiting me.

The other schools that have offered and are in the running for Morrow are Minnesota, SMU, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Virginia, Virginia Tech and La Salle.
- See more at: https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1662096#sthash.S82ORe5c.dpuf

Do you mean Chris Clarke, not Jarvis?

No, I feel we have moved on from Clarke. I still think Jarvis is being recruited hard, but I don't think it's likely he will commit if McBrayer and Dorsey are committed before him.

If we do get a Dorsey, Jarvis, McBrayer, Illikainen recruiting class it doesn't slove our 3/wing/sf problem

No, I feel we have moved on from Clarke. I still think Jarvis is being recruited hard, but I don't think it's likely he will commit if McBrayer and Dorsey are committed before him.

If we do get a Dorsey, Jarvis, McBrayer, Illikainen recruiting class it doesn't slove our 3/wing/sf problem

I don't think Pitino really cares about getting a prototypical SF. It seems like he prefers playing 3 guards, hence the reason he considers Daquein McNeil, all 6'3'' of him, to be in the mix for the SF spot this season. He'd gladly sacrifice size for quickness and ball handling in order to run the press and our offense better.

I'm sure McBrayer can play the 3, I've just read that he is more of a two who prefers to play the 1. If that's true, he might not commit if the plan is to use him primarily at the 3. If he is okay with playing mostly the 3 though I'm sure a commitment from him won't hurt our chances too much with Jarvis.

That may be the case, but I see the 3 being very similar to the 1 and 2 in Pitino's system. I think Pitino would love it if he could start 3 players that could legitimately bring the ball up, it would help the team play at the fast pace that he likes. I only refer to McBrayer as more of a 3 for us because I see him defending the other team's SF.

Here is the video that made me think he could be a 3 for us. It looks like he has a hell of a wingspan and is a good athlete.

Either way, I would love to see McBrayer in a Gopher uniform. I can't believe he doesn't have more major offers.

If I had to guess I would say because he's already 19.

I always see that as a plus when it comes to the college game. I think it only hurts when you look at his potential NBA/professional career. I'd love to have a college team full of 23 and 24 year olds, it's a competitive advantage.

If I had to guess I would say because he's already 19.

I'm not sure I understand that. Why would that matter? I would think that the coaches would be happy with an older and more mature (hopefully physically and mentally) player.

He's VERY slight, that may be a factor.

I always see that as a plus when it comes to the college game. I think it only hurts when you look at his potential NBA/professional career. I'd love to have a college team full of 23 and 24 year olds, it's a competitive advantage.

+1. I don't know if it's pure coincidence, but it seems like Pitino might like adding older players. Lofton, Gaston, Konate, and now possibly McBrayer will all be older than their peers.

I also think McBrayer would be a great pickup. Maybe not as explosive as a guy like Jarvis, but it looks like he has great body control & ball-handling. Looks like a good shooter too.

Definitely understand your point. Seem to think some schools miss that.

in theory, I see your point. Given the Gophers recent history of having Maverick and Oto being older than their competition, however, does not help make your point.

in theory, I see your point. Given the Gophers recent history of having Maverick and Oto being older than their competition, however, does not help make your point.

Madtown makes a great point. If potential is equal between two players, then I want the older player.

College hockey teams used to do this all the time, and still do to some extent. Denver, North Dakota, and others used to get mercenaries from Canada who were in their early-to-mid 20's to field championship caliber teams. The NCAA changed the eligibility rules to prevent mercenary teams (players only have X amount of years of eligibility based on their age). You see freshman today often play one or two years of junior hockey after high school before they join their college teams.

An extra year or two of growing physically and mentally is a definite competitive advantage.

Yeah, but if you didnt like them at 23, imagine how bad they were at 18. Studies on NBA players show that they peak at around 25-27, so generally the closer you get them to that age, the better they'll be. Obviously they still need to be talented in the first place, though.

McBrayer doesn't look like he's done growing yet based on his body type. Wouldn't be surprised if he's one of those kids that sprouts an additional couple of inches in the next few years.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/thielena">@thielena</a> it pry would cause I believe they want a SF in this class and Dupree is more of a 2/1. Who knows for sure though, that's up to RP</p>— Ryan James (@RyanJamesMN) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/statuses/492110877135368193">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sounds like Dupree McBrayer has been killing it at the Las Vegas 48 this week (and actually this whole AAU season for that matter). He's been beating up on some EYBL teams as well. He's supposed to be a very versatile player as well. I'm starting to really want this guy!

Top Bottom