Random Music Thread....

i have been working on a youtube playlist featuring saxophone any suggestions would be appreciated.

i had to leave this one off the list

I saw a guy a good number of years ago named Johnny Reno. He used to be the sax man for Chris Isaak (maybe another option for you). Anyways, he started his own thing called Johnny Reno and the Sax Maniacs. He is the lead singer and sax man. Great shows. Give him a listen to see if anything there floats you boat.

O.K. I'm just gonna throw this one out there. I'm not gonna put it on the FB board (yet) and call for it to be a 3rd quarter song.

Local rapper Lizzo released this later last year. Using the entire song would get shot down due to content, but I could see adding some local flavor to the 3rd quarter and using about a 30 second snippet or so. Get some local love, and local flavor in TCF?

Discuss:

I have recently gotten into City and Colour, indy-folk rock, and the singer has an excellent voice.

O.K. I'm just gonna throw this one out there. I'm not gonna put it on the FB board (yet) and call for it to be a 3rd quarter song.

Local rapper Lizzo released this later last year. Using the entire song would get shot down due to content, but I could see adding some local flavor to the 3rd quarter and using about a 30 second snippet or so. Get some local love, and local flavor in TCF?

Discuss:
Also like her work with The Chalice. Here's a live set they did at The Current. Very talented young ladies, especially pulling this off on live radio. A credit to the strong Mpls hiphop scene. My only knock on Lizzo is her fake Jamaican accent and she sounds like she's trying too hard to imitate Missy Elliot, particularly in the video above. I can't tell yet if she's doing this ironically.

And yes, I agree local music would be awesome at TCF. There's so much great stuff coming out of the TC that they could go exclusively local if they wanted. Why Prince doesn't get more air time at TCF is beyond me.

mentioning led zeppelin might not be cool
it sounds banal, but by far my favorite band. i like the atmospheric stuff best (the more references to the lord of the rings and nordic mythology the better)

mentioning led zeppelin might not be cool

it sounds banal, but by far my favorite band. i like the atmospheric stuff best (the more references to the lord of the rings and nordic mythology the better)
It's never not cool. I've noticed The Current has been playing a lot of Led Zeppelin lately. To their credit, I am yet to hear the same song twice. Does Radio K play Zeppelin? That's one thing I like about The Current: they're heavy on the self-absorbed indie rock. But they're not afraid to get the Led out every once in a while.

It's never not cool. I've noticed The Current has been playing a lot of Led Zeppelin lately. To their credit, I am yet to hear the same song twice. Does Radio K play Zeppelin? That's one thing I like about The Current: they're heavy on the self-absorbed indie rock. But they're not afraid to get the Led out every once in a while.

I've noticed on a few occasions the Current will play a Stooges song for instance...ten minutes later I hear the same song on Radio K. Has happened the other way around a few times as well.

I bet Mark Wheat is not the one playing Zeppelin. He is far and away the least metal/hard rock out them all. Speaking of Led Zeppelin-my favorite song by them.

I've noticed on a few occasions the Current will play a Stooges song for instance...ten minutes later I hear the same song on Radio K. Has happened the other way around a few times as well.

I bet Mark Wheat is not the one playing Zeppelin. He is far and away the least metal/hard rock out them all. Speaking of Led Zeppelin-my favorite song by them.
Wheat actually plays a lot of Zeppelin. More than any other classic rock band it seems.

Speaking of Led Zeppelin-this was the first dance song at our wedding. My wife's uncle played it acoustic on his guitar. We had a Zeppelin-themed wedding. Partly as a joke and partly because it was awesome. My intro song was Gallows Pole. ;)

Speaking of Led Zeppelin-this was the first dance song at our wedding. My wife's uncle played it acoustic on his guitar. We had a Zeppelin-themed wedding. Partly as a joke and partly because it was awesome. My intro song was Gallows Pole. ;)

1926358777_0ad4453e56_m.jpg

Discuss:

is that lazerbeak with the doughnuts on his eyes?

when did robert plant become a christian?

Plant has always sung and written about the struggle between good and evil.

His relationship with Page was an uneasy one. I believe Page bought the house formerly owned by Aleister Crowley, and Plant would get the heeby jeebies whenever he had to go over there.

Did I post this yet? Hip-hop at its best. NSFW........

Plant has always sung and written about the struggle between good and evil.

His relationship with Page was an uneasy one. I believe Page bought the house formerly owned by Aleister Crowley, and Plant would get the heeby jeebies whenever he had to go over there.

i once had a blog post on led zeppelin and spirituality

Chad Kroeger and Avril Lavigne Finally Wrote a Song So Awful that the Internet Has Collectively Rejected It
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 23RD, 2014 AT 11:30AM BY AXL ROSENBERG
If you wanna see the ridiculous video for the ridiculous Avril Lavigne song “Hello Kitty,” which was co-written by her ridiculous ****head husband, Nickelback’s Chad Kroeger, you’d better do it fast: according to multiple media outlets (including Billboard, Buzzfeed, and WWTDD), the clip is has been met with so much derision that it’s disappearing from the internet fast. Indeed, the original link sent to us by a reader named Brian was no longer available by the time we got to it; the clip below is a bootleg version which may very well have been yanked down by the time this is published. But I do sincerely hope you all get to experience it at least once, because it gives a whole new meaning to the phrase “hilariously awful.”

Link to article

And now back to our regularly scheduled program of AWESOME music featuring Three Beat Slide!

My GAWD! How has nobody commented on "Three Beat Slide" yet! I have a few buddies, their families, and my own family obsessed with this video.

My GAWD! How has nobody commented on "Three Beat Slide" yet! I have a few buddies, their families, and my own family obsessed with this video.

Not really sure what to say myself, I searched the web for insight and bearings:
http://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...e_is_worse_than_rebecca_black_s__friday_.html
http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/03/summe...the-worst-music-video-youll-ever-see-4687600/
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-your-new-best-worst-music-video-9234770.html
http://www.clickmusic.com/features/article/three-beat-slides-summertime-is-great-is-amazingly-awful

It does make me want to get the band back together and make a video, though.

I don't even know what to say?

It is so perfectly awkward that you almost have to get a little guilty pleasure in watching the "rhythm" of the kids trying to walk/dance?/clap? and lip sync at the same time. You have to admire the lyrical genius that can rhyme "great" with "great". The "SWAG" shirt the girl is wearing is icing on the cake. Just looking at the dad BBQing with his shorts up to his armpits and knowing that he probably butchered his wife in the basement (and she's still there, rolled up in an old rug).

It's kind of like watching "Road House" and knowing that the filmmakers were trying to make a really exciting action/drama, and it's so ridiculous that you end up laughing your ass off at the movie for 114 minutes. [public service message: The 25th anniversary of "Road House" is May 19th. Start planning your parties now]

Just looking at the dad BBQing with his shorts up to his armpits and knowing that he probably butchered his wife in the basement (and she's still there, rolled up in an old rug).

I was thinking something similar. I looked at him as a ticking time bomb. I was more worried about the family dog, but I see what you are talking about.

Jack White so f*cking cool, a modern music genius. I love pretty much everything he does. Anyone pick up his new album? Only listened through a couple times. Pretty solid so far, par for the course. Here's the title track:

Jack White so f*cking cool, a modern music genius. I love pretty much everything he does. Anyone pick up his new album? Only listened through a couple times. Pretty solid so far, par for the course. Here's the title track:

Did you get the actual vinyl album? People sometimes say I got the album when they really got the download. I'm guessing vinyl, so how cool is the packaging, etc.?

Did you get the actual vinyl album? People sometimes say I got the album when they really got the download. I'm guessing vinyl, so how cool is the packaging, etc.?
When I say album, I mean the group of songs. I got the CD. I did not buy the vinyl, but you're right; the packaging is pretty rad.

Ted, what do you think of the female violinist?

When I say album, I mean the group of songs. I got the CD. I did not buy the vinyl, but you're right; the packaging is pretty rad.

Ted, what do you think of the female violinist?

Funny you ask. I saw her once and had to find out all about her. She's pretty great in a few categories.

I need to see the actual album. I like artists who put a lot into the packaging, etc..

Funny you ask. I saw her once and had to find out all about her. She's pretty great in a few categories.

I need to see the actual album. I like artists who put a lot into the packaging, etc..
She's been Jack's violinist since at least his last solo album. She's been at various live performances and the late night circuit that I seen since then. Mesmerizing.

I also like the his backup singer featured in this song. Jack sure know how to pick 'em. Heck, his all female band are all pretty smoking'...in a few categories.

Top Bottom