Random Music Thread....

Well, I don't know about that. I really don't think The Cramps or Reverend Horton Heat are weird, per se. Not everyone's flavor, and that's cool. About 10-12 years ago, I had those two in my regular rotation.

And I agree that The Current kind of wore out JD McPherson, but I like his stuff. They're trying pretty hard to wear out Jake Bugg now. Another great, young kid, and I like his style.

I bought that first Jake Bugg album, and it's pretty good.

Who was it? I loved Rev105. And yeah...I don't think the Reverend is quite right in the head.

Kyle Smith. I remember the Reverend coming on stage at First Ave. years ago. Babes in Toyland opened up and the Reverend told the crowd that they sure try hard for girls.

They just played this on The Current. I think this would be great if the band played a version like this:

I've always had a soft spot for this one.

Smells Like Rick Astley:

Hot off the presses:

First off, I love this thread! A lot of people here with great (similar to me) musical tastes! You don't get that at every Big Ten school.

Secondly, I'm really excited for this new Howler album. I have not heard it yet, but plan on picking it up tonight. They are playing at the Triple Rock with Johnny Teardrop (never seen him but heard he is entertaining) tomorrow eve.

Thirdly, if I may contribute a song from a Detroit band that I really like. I don't think they play in Minneapolis often, but I would travel to see them.
Their lead singer, Mick Collins was in The Gories before the DirtBombs. It's punk rock with soul.

For anyone interested in the full documentary on The Monks.

So do you RocknRollers prefer the Current to RadioK? Personally I prefer RadioK (rocks harder and more surprises), but it's great to have both stations in town.

I like his video as much as the song. I believe McGill U is the scene of the football game

So do you RocknRollers prefer the Current to RadioK? Personally I prefer RadioK (rocks harder and more surprises), but it's great to have both stations in town.

Those two are the only music stations I go to..wait, that is a lie-once in a while I give KFAI a go. Radio K plays better music overall but those dj's can try my patience.

RadioK is a college radio station so they can afford to be more adventurous. While public radio, The Current is still commercial in that their success is tied to listenership. Their eclectic mix still needs to have mass appeal to be sustainable. So it's not really fair to compare the two.

I prefer The Current.

I contribute to both and listen to both. We need them both.

I'm particularly indebted to Radio K because they filled the void the year after KJ104 went off the air (1992-93). Those were some trying months.

This has been getting a lot of play on the Current.

I couldn't resist buying the disc; it's a good listen. Call it what you want, but it's more than a retro gimmick.

Martin Sexton is at the Pantages this weekend. I never listened to him much, but I love this song:

Oh yeah, and this from the only surf rock band worth listening to. (Right, Ted?)

Discovered this band about three years ago. They are just starting to get semi-big. Sold out 1st Ave. Can't get this song out of my head. Plus, Sarah Barthels is #1 in the music/bands looks department imo.

Top Bottom