Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamsArenaGuy View Post
    Speaking of Brooklyn 9-9, the season finale was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

And Andre Braugher’s Captain Holt is one of the best characters TV has seen in a long time.

No hyperbole. Thank you, NBC, for being smarter than FOX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just an FYI.....NBC passed on B99 before FOX nabbed it on it's initial run.

And yes....Braugher's Captain Holt is easily one of the best characters ever created.
    Last edited by stocker08; 05-19-2019 at 06:55 PM.

I think the thing with Braugher is that he played such a different type of character on "Homicide." (which was one of my favorite shows) The guy is definitely showing some range as an actor.

Just binged the first three episodes of Chernobyl on HBO. Very captivating and would highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher07 View Post
    Just binged the first three episodes of Chernobyl on HBO. Very captivating and would highly recommend.
    I caught the first episode and then fell behind.....so I waited until all five episodes had aired and watched them all. Brilliant series that is going to clean up come award season. And if there was any doubt that Jared Harris is one of the most talented actors working today after his work on Mad Men and The Terror......there should be little doubt any longer.

And now that HBO has released the Deadwood movie....I'm getting around to rewatching the series....as I never finished it. I also watched the entire series of The Office after not watching it during it's initial run. I can see why people loved it so much. I don't understand the hate for the last two seasons though. Probably because I had lowered expectations and the people who watched it during the initial run had to deal with the fact that Steve Carrell was gone....but I knew that was coming. And was Robert California really that bad of a character? I thought he was a pretty good character and wasn't even that big part of the show. Him asking Jim is he wanted a nature and a sex analogy....pretty much knowing that they were going to be the same was one one the funniest pasts of the series in my opinion.

Also....very much looking forward to the second season of The Terror on AMC in August. This season is going to be set during World War 2 centered around a specter that haunts a Japanese-American internment camp in California.

And if you never got around to watching the first season about the true story of the Royal Navy's terrifying voyage in the mid-1800's searching for the midwest passage that never returned.....you are missing out. It was amazing.....and other than the beast that was killing off the crew......historically accurate. Based on a fantastic novel by one of my two favorite authors along (the other being Frank Herbert), Dan Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    Also....very much looking forward to the second season of The Terror on AMC in August. This season is going to be set during World War 2 centered around a specter that haunts a Japanese-American internment camp in California.

And if you never got around to watching the first season about the true story of the Royal Navy's terrifying voyage in the mid-1800's searching for the midwest passage that never returned.....you are missing out. It was amazing.....and other than the beast that was killing off the crew......historically accurate. Based on a fantastic novel by one of my two favorite authors along (the other being Frank Herbert), Dan Simmons.
    first season went off the rails with the dumb Yeti.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Should have never shown the monster.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tikited View Post
    Should have never shown the monster.
    Probably shouldn't have shown the monster....but otherwise.....I thought the show was fantastic. And so was the book.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Probably shouldn't have shown the monster....but otherwise.....I thought the show was fantastic. And so was the book.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I liked it overall. The description of season two sounds interesting.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Quote Originally Posted by tikited View Post
    I liked it overall. The description of season two sounds interesting.
    I thought that it was going to be a one off because it was based on a novel.....so I'm really glad that it not only did well enough in the ratings.....but it has both creative firepower and well respected industry folks behind it in order to warrant it continuing. Plus the critics loved it.

Anyone watching Nos4a2? I’m not a big horror fan, but thought this looked like it could be clever. I’ve watched 2 episodes so far, and impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
    Anyone watching Nos4a2? I’m not a big horror fan, but thought this looked like it could be clever. I’ve watched 2 episodes so far, and impressed.

I watched the first episode a few weeks ago. I went on demand and there was a promotional thing for the entire first season of the show. So I started watching it. When I went to watch the second episode....I realized that you had to be an AMC premium member or something. Haven't kept up since. Unless a show REALLY captures my attention....I want to be able to watch episodes in a bunch. I'm not going to tune in every week. This is a show that I will forget about.

I'm about 5 episodes into Last Chance U. Seriously, the team seems even more dysfunctional this year. Didn't think that was possible.
    Dux Servus

Quote Originally Posted by fan of Ray Williams View Post
    I'm about 5 episodes into Last Chance U. Seriously, the team seems even more dysfunctional this year. Didn't think that was possible.
    Every season of Last Chance U has been good.

Every season of Last Chance U has been good.
    It's both entertaining and sad at the same time. Some of these kids have gotten so many opportunities and they keep pissing it away.