12/27 - Rashad Vaughn will NOT attend the U

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too worried about him going to Wisconsin. I think it's tough for Wisconsin to attract athletic players from out of state. If you like to get up and down the court, why on god's earth would you go to Madison? They even have a hard time keeping prominent, athletic players in their backyard (Vander Blue).

I think the Badgers have a reasonable chance of landing him. Some of the stuff I have heard Rashad say lead me to believe he is more about winning and developing than just a running style of play. The Vander Blue story I heard was he opened up his recruitment again after Bo told him no more tatoos and that he would have to go to class and do his own homework. There is some animosity between the Badgers staff and some Madison Memorial boosters also that apparently goes back aways. That is why Maymon was never considered and Junior Lomomba isn't being looked at by the Badgers. Another note on Lomomba-Tubby was looking at him at one time. He is now suspended indefinitely for unspecified reasons. History says that indefinitely means til the playoffs start.

burton34 said:
I've been a Tubby supporter for the last five years, but if he misses on both Jones and Vaughn then he simply has to go.
Or maybe you could just stop watching the Gophers.

There is some animosity between the Badgers staff and some Madison Memorial boosters also that apparently goes back aways. That is why Maymon was never considered and Junior Lomomba isn't being looked at by the Badgers. Another note on Lomomba-Tubby was looking at him at one time.

The animosity (your word, but I think that's an exaggeration) between Memorial and UW has little to do with why Maymon and Lomomba did not get recruited by the Badgers.

The primary reason UW stayed away from Maymon were his grades, which would not have gotten him into Madison. His dad's rather ridiculous behavior (see the transfer from MU) certainly made Jeronne a less attractive prospect as well.

Regarding Junior, the UW staff does not have a good relationship with his uncle, who is a former Badger player. Lots of rumors floating around about how Hennessy Auriantel approaches the recruitments of kids he is involved with. On top of that, Junior wasn't good enough. He looked like a nice prospect as a freshman, he never really progressed.

I was at the Benilde game tonight and saw Rashad Vaughn there who was watching. He was dressed in a Gopher gold sweatshirt and a Gopher maroon stocking cap. Probably means nothing other than he's a very good dresser.

I was at the Benilde game tonight and saw Rashad Vaughn there who was watching. He was dressed in a Gopher gold sweatshirt and a Gopher maroon stocking cap. Probably means nothing other than he's a very good dresser.
Are you our version of lakebison? Kidding kidding.

Not saying UW is going to get Vaughn, but I think they have a shot. Yesterday was Rashad's second visit to Madison in the last few months, and he apparently stuck around for quite a while after the game to visit with the coaches and players. UW also has a couple very highly regarded recruits coming in (Sam Dekker and Bronson Koenig), who will make it easier for UW to play a little more up tempo. Bo apparently talked to Koenig about that during Bronson's recruitment. This year's UW team is lacking in offensive talent, but I think it's fair to say that the future roster looks to have quite a bit more firepower.

Wisconsin hasn't had an uptempo team since before Dick Bennett. I'll believe it when I see it.

With both kids going to Cooper High, I wonder if Rodney has any influence?

If we lost Tyus but got Vaughn, I'd be satisfied. I'm starting to look at Tyus as a Seantrell type, it would be incredible if he became a Gopher but I'm not holding my breath. Vaughn is who we NEED to get.

I've been a Tubby supporter for the last five years, but if he misses on both Jones and Vaughn then he simply has to go.

He's never missed on an in-state recruit that he wanted has he? I'm worried about if he'll get both, not if he'll get one.

2014 F Rashad Vaughn (Robbinsdale Cooper, MN) was watched & offered by Texas last night per @evan_flood247 - Vaughn had 31 pts last night

Go Gophers!!

He better come to the Gophers.... if he does, and we get Tyus too, we will have a heck of a team

point guard 10 said:
He better come to the Gophers.... if he does, and we get Tyus too, we will have a heck of a team

Love to get both, but Vaughn or Tyus alone would be awesome. I think Vaughn gets lost with all the tyus hype, but he is a heck of a player too.

Or maybe you should take off your maroon sunglasses and see the light of day. My prediction....Tubby gets neither.

Why? What top Minnesota has Tubby lost? By all accounts parents loooove Tubby. All the current underclassmen become upperclassmen the next couple years & will have several years playing together. Even the skeptics agree we should be a lot better moving forward. Why won't Tubby land either?

I just got back from watching Rashad Vaughn score 35 points against Hopkins - and this was Cooper's third game in three days.

He will get compared to Rodney because of the Cooper connection, but Vaughn's all-around offensive game is much more balanced as a HS sophomore than Rodney's is as a college junior. He's also very athletic, albeit not on the same level as Rodney (not many are!). As a sophomore his offer list is already extremely impressive (recently added Texas) and no doubt he'll have offers from pretty much everyone when all is said and done.

I'm glad we offered early - he is a guy that I'd hate to not sign.

Go Gophers!!

Give me two of Washington, Vaughn, and Jones and things will be just fine.

minngg said:
Or maybe you should take off your maroon sunglasses and see the light of day. My prediction....Tubby gets neither.
Tubby Hater

To the Tubbinots who want to start over, who is this magic icon of a replacement coach who walks in gets Vaughn, Washington and/or Tyus and what advantage does he have that Tubby Smith doesn't have?

To the Tubbinots who want to start over, who is this magic icon of a replacement coach who walks in gets Vaughn, Washington and/or Tyus and what advantage does he have that Tubby Smith doesn't have?
Well obviously, a new coach will make a practice facility appear out of thin air. All coaches can do this. Tubby just sucks. /sarcasm

I talked to Rashad Vaughn after the game about his trip to Wisconsin, Texas offer and much more. Look for a story later this week.

Chris Monter

fwiw Vaughn showed up to the high profile Benilde vs. De La Salle game last Saturday night wearing a Gopher sweatshirt & Gopher hat as per Ryan James at GopherIllustrated.

Costa Rican Gopher said:
fwiw Vaughn showed up to the high profile Benilde vs. De La Salle game last Saturday night wearing a Gopher sweatshirt & Gopher hat as per Ryan James at GopherIllustrated.
Minngg - I think your wrong again ^^^

minngg said:
Keep living in your dream world.
My mistake - I forgot that you're best friends with Tyus and Vaughn. You know everything about them and recruiting in general. LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom