Official 2015 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Does anyone know what Moore's connection is to the Twin Cities? Sounds like he has some old friends here.

Does anyone know what Moore's connection is to the Twin Cities? Sounds like he has some old friends here.
He's friends with the Mayes bros. Not sure if that's what you're referring to or not, but it could help us land him.

Demry's senior highlights

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/1860035/highlights/202906377' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's friends with the Mayes bros. Not sure if that's what you're referring to or not, but it could help us land him.

Connor hosted his official. I cannot think of two recruits more similar than those two.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/1860035/highlights/202906377' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Demry seems to have some nice touch on the ball. I love that he can get out and run. Based on the video it looks like they run the same type of offense that we run

He looks pretty accurate. I know there are some mechanical flaws but in Kills system it might not be a real issue. Makes quick decisions it seems also. Thanks for sharing.

I saw this kid play once this fall.

I actually got to attend a Hawley football game this fall courteousy of my best friends sister and husband and there kids against Warroad. Warroad seemed quite overmatched. Saw some highlights of there game against Frazee.
I liked this kid Ellefson, good blocker and deceptive speed for a class AA kid. I thought the Malmstrom kid from Frazee was decent to at least the guy I know that lives up in Hawley Ben thought so
I'm sure if the Purdue offer is legitimate that he Ellefson should jump on it because Purdue Big 10 versus NDSU Misouri Valley and let's face it a Purdue degree is a lot more valuable than an NDSU degree. NDSU coaches are going to be peeved if he jumps ship. Once in awhile there are guy's out in the hinterlands in Minnesota that can play better but get little exposure especially if there up there near North Dakota or Canada.

Does anyone see BigTen QB in these highlights?

I'm pretty sure that would be against high school rules to allow a college kid to play in their games. I do, however, see a future Big10 QB. His name is Demry Croft and he is committed to the University of Minnesota. I'm surprised you did not know these things considering that you are posting on The University of Minnesota Golden Gopher's football message board...plus I assume you scout talent for a living.

It's impossible to tell (or not tell) if a player has the nuance to eventually be a Big 10 QB in 3-4 years from a highlight clip. However, he certainly has the profile of someone who projects to be able to physically handle being a Big 10 QB. He's tall (6'5") and fast. From what I can tell, he throws the ball pretty well (of course it's hard to tell from highlights).

So yeah, he certainly looks the part of a kid who could/should be getting Big 10 offers.

I'm glad you asked cause I see a freshman Heisman winner that brings us a National Championship his first year. I then see him winning the Heisman his Soph and Jr year while leading us to National Championships those years also. Then he will go pro and break every single Marino, Manning, Young, Montana record known to man while winning 6 Super Bowls. Crorft will then retire a Hall of Famer while coming back to MN to coach the Gophers and leading us to more National Championships.

Does anyone know more about John Kelly from Michigan and his interest in us? On 247 they have his interest in us as very warm so I was just wondering. Seems like he would be a big time get for us.

He is from St Paul Mn and his dad still lives here in Minnesota.

Does anyone know more about John Kelly from Michigan and his interest in us? On 247 they have his interest in us as very warm so I was just wondering. Seems like he would be a big time get for us.

Kelly is originally from St Paul, and his dad still lives in Minnesota. He is a very good football player for a high school kid, would be a good get for the Gophers. Looks like 12/13 to 12/14 is going to be a big recruiting weekend for the Gophers with some good visitors. Kelly would make a good Gopher because he get's what the coaches are building here. These are not the same ole Gophers of years gone past.

Kelly is originally from St Paul, and his dad still lives in Minnesota. He is a very good football player for a high school kid, would be a good get for the Gophers. Looks like 12/13 to 12/14 is going to be a big recruiting weekend for the Gophers with some good visitors. Kelly would make a good Gopher because he get's what the coaches are building here. These are not the same ole Gophers of years gone past.

Thanks for the update!

I'm pretty sure that would be against high school rules to allow a college kid to play in their games. I do, however, see a future Big10 QB. His name is Demry Croft and he is committed to the University of Minnesota. I'm surprised you did not know these things considering that you are posting on The University of Minnesota Golden Gopher's football message board...plus I assume you scout talent for a living.

I didn't know a that posing a question on University of Minnesota Golden Gopher's football message board is offensive. Mr. GopherHomer you win for the most laughable response. Your name seems fitting for being that you couldn't tolerate a simple question. DelicateHomer would also work.

Assume I am a scout huh? Good one, would a scout pose a question like that on a message board? The reason I posed the question is because I'm a fan and not a scout. I've heard very good things about Croft about possibly being the answer. I've also heard similar praises for each QB Kill has extended a scholarship to starting with Dexter Foreman. Watching Dexter Foreman's highlight reel I realized I was a watching a future Big10 QB... as for Croft, I hope that I was watching a better future Big10 QB.

I have no issues with bringing in a project with potential and I trust the staff when it comes to recruiting. As a fan I am looking for hope and reassurance at the QB position just like every other homer here. However for a highlight video, I expected to see more nice passes.

It's impossible to tell (or not tell) if a player has the nuance to eventually be a Big 10 QB in 3-4 years from a highlight clip. However, he certainly has the profile of someone who projects to be able to physically handle being a Big 10 QB. He's tall (6'5") and fast. From what I can tell, he throws the ball pretty well (of course it's hard to tell from highlights).

So yeah, he certainly looks the part of a kid who could/should be getting Big 10 offers.

Thank you for responding constructively and providing your opinion. I didn't post to troll to get responses or to offend anyone; I simply wanted opinions from other adult posters like you. I agree, they say you can't teach tall and fast that's for sure...

Anybody notice?

or am I late to the party? Rivals upgraded 3 of our 2 stars to 3 stars. And as a result we moved up 6 spots in the team rankings.
We add the other 6 or 7 guys and this will be a very solid group come signing day.

or am I late to the party? Rivals upgraded 3 of our 2 stars to 3 stars. And as a result we moved up 6 spots in the team rankings.
We add the other 6 or 7 guys and this will be a very solid group come signing day.

the recruiting rankings are pretty laughable really. Sorry star gazers...

Hunter Register was offered by Indiana recently. Should in theory be able to beat out a 3 win team but we have lost some good recruits to them in the past and they have developed and recruited some very talented receivers.

Tyler Moore has offers from Oregon State and Texas. If his tweet implies he committed to Gophers, that's great news.

Top Bottom