Other Games Thread: Week One

And Iowa picks off Northern Iowa at midfield.

What a great weekend of football.

The best part being this is only week 1. I hate that feeling (great weekend of football) when it is Thanksgiving...

Hawkeyes miss a field goal, still 24-20.

Illinois is so bad. Lots of teams struggling against lesser opponents.

Ooohhh

Georgia Southern (Div 1AA this year) up 17-3 on NC State late in 3rd...

UNI in the red zone. Just passing it right through the Iowa zone...

Navy at 269 yards rushing against OSU late in 3rd.

NDSU putting it to Iowa State. 27-14 3rd quarter. Crockett with 3 td's.

27 unanswered points by NDSU.

NDSU putting it to Iowa State. 27-14 3rd quarter. Crockett with 3 td's

As much as I hated our losses to them, you have to be damn impressed with their efforts against top teams. This will be 2-0 in the Big 12 the past 2 years.

Iowa State is horrible.

Did we look that bad when we were at our depths?

What a pansy. Anyone else see Ruddock (starting QB for Iowa) pull up 2 yards short on a 3rd down scramble? He had that easy. Instead, Iowa goes 3 and out and Northern Iowa has the ball again.

As much as I hated our losses to them, you have to be damn impressed with their efforts against top teams. This will be 2-0 in the Big 12 the past 2 years.

Yep, and they lost a lot of good players from last year too. I have a few friends who are NDSU fans (not the annoying kind) and they've said the past year or two that Wentz might be better than Jensen. Looks like they may have been right, he looks impressive.

UNI in the red zone. Just passing it right through the Iowa zone...

Iowa's defense could struggle this year. I don't really understand the love for them coming into this season. I know their schedule is weak but they lost a lot on defense and that has always been their strength.

Youngstown pushes ahead of Illinois again.

Rutgers, Michigan, Gophers
my opinion thus far of the best big10 performances

Indiana struggling with Indiana St. Only up 21-10. And Virginia is down just 8 against UCLA and have the ball late in the 4th.

And Western Michigan just scored to get within 2 of Purdue.

So question for you guys. Does the SEC Network being tied into ESPN mean they are now going to be on ABC/ESPN channels for their bigger games and no longer CBS?

Guess not. From Wikipedia:

Until 2014, CBS enjoyed exclusivity during its 3:30 p.m. ET window. As part of an extension to CBS's contract with the SEC through 2023-24, CBS will give up its window in order to allow games to be televised by the new ESPN-operated SEC Network beginning in the 2014 season. CBS, however, will still have the exclusive first pick of games for its SEC on CBS broadcast.[1]

Paul Myerberg @PaulMyerberg · 12m
North Dakota State has 5 wins against FBS competition since 2010. Kansas has six.

Paul Myerberg @PaulMyerberg · 12m
North Dakota State has 5 wins against FBS competition since 2010. Kansas has six.

Of course the teams they have beat have not been very good other than Kansas St. But nevertheless, still impressive.

2010 - beat Kansas who went 3-9
2011 - beat Gophers, went 3-9
2012 - beat Colorado St., went 4-8
2013 - beat Kansas St., went 8-5
2014 - beat Iowa St., who went 3-9 last year

Top Bottom