Remarkable reshaping of roster in 54 weeks

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
Pitino's been on the job for about 54 weeks and he's made over the roster in quick fashion.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>In just over 1 year Pitino will have turned over 2/3 of the roster. Only 4 scholarship players on 14-15 <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> roster were signed by Tubby</p>— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherHole/statuses/459173478336589824">April 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This summer more than ever I sure wish there was a Howard Pulley League to watch these guys. They'll need to wear "Hello My Name Is..." name tags!

First of all only 13 kids can have Scholarships not 14/15. Shell was here with Tubby. Not sure who the 15th player is. Heck of a lot of attrition opens up roster spots that need to be filled so Pitino can sign 9 kids in his 2 recruiting periods.

Pretty sure the 14-15 is referring to 2014-2015 season, not 14-15 roster spots.

First of all only 13 kids can have Scholarships not 14/15. Shell was here with Tubby. Not sure who the 15th player is. Heck of a lot of attrition opens up roster spots that need to be filled so Pitino can sign 9 kids in his 2 recruiting periods.

Not sure what attrition you're talking about. In each of the past two off seasons the Gophers have had one player transfer - Coleman and Ellenson. That's exactly the average for a Division I program. The rest have been seniors and one medical case - Oto.

Pretty funny that the self-proclaimed "Brain Trust" didn't realize that "14-15" is obviously in reference to the season, not the number of players on a roster.

THE EL AMIN FAN!

Pretty sure the 14-15 is referring to 2014-2015 season, not 14-15 roster spots.

over-your-head-o.gif

Not sure what attrition you're talking about. In each of the past two off seasons the Gophers have had one player transfer - Coleman and Ellenson. That's exactly the average for a Division I program. The rest have been seniors and one medical case - Oto.

Sounds like Tubby's had more of an attrition issue at TT than we've had here. Not that that's surprising.

Your brain isn't nearly as trustworthy as you would like to believe.

I sure like the idea we have gotten bigger...and Coach P seems to be recruiting a bit outside the box from what we are used too.

Yes, almost any program can count on at least one transfer per year these days.

Wish we still had Joe though.

Is it really remarkable? It is not like they have had a lot of attrition. By my count, in two years they have had only had two players leave with eligibility left, Joe Coleman and Wally. Is this really any different than most other college programs? I suspect it is less than many in the Big Ten.

Is it really remarkable? It is not like they have had a lot of attrition. By my count, in two years they have had only had two players leave with eligibility left, Joe Coleman and Wally. Is this really any different than most other college programs? I suspect it is less than many in the Big Ten.

3 if you count Oto.

Also Tubby's recruits backed out...attrition is not inherently negative. Most big ten schools do not have transfers every year.

Pretty funny that the self-proclaimed "Brain Trust" didn't realize that "14-15" is obviously in reference to the season, not the number of players on a roster.

THE EL AMIN FAN!
Pitino signed 9 kids in 2 recruiting classes...number of weeks is not relevant. Scholarships are allotted by seasons not by weeks my good man....Oto is certainly healthy enough to play next season do not kid yourself. Oto has decided he is ready to move on from the gopher basketball phase of his life.

Pitino signed 9 kids in 2 recruiting classes...number of weeks is not relevant. Scholarships are allotted by seasons not by weeks my good man....Oto is certainly healthy enough to play next season do not kid yourself. Oto has decided he is ready to move on from the gopher basketball phase of his life.

By move on from Gopher basketball, you mean working as an assistant to the team, right?

Have any proof that he is healthy enough to play next year?

By move on from Gopher basketball, you mean working as an assistant to the team, right?

Have any proof that he is healthy enough to play next year?
I guess you are not aware that the gophers won the NIT this year and Oto played 32 minutes in NIT semifinal game

Please get yourself a dictionary

I went through the transfer list. Eight of the twelve Big Ten teams (didn't check Rutgers and Maryland) have players leaving as transfers.

NU and Indiana each have three leaving (includes a walk-on for each), Purdue and Iowa each has two and Nebraska has one scholarship and one walk-on. Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota have one transfer each.

Hardly looks like Pitino is running people off.

People are welcome to check my work:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ry-transfer-2014-offseason-college-basketball

I went through the transfer list. Eight of the twelve Big Ten teams (didn't check Rutgers and Maryland) have players leaving as transfers.

NU and Indiana each have three leaving (includes a walk-on for each), Purdue and Iowa each has two and Nebraska has one scholarship and one walk-on. Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota have one transfer each.

Hardly looks like Pitino is running people off.

People are welcome to check my work:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ry-transfer-2014-offseason-college-basketball

Thanks for doing the leg work, he walked right into what I knew off the top of my head and was going to research for him. However, you're missing Penn State who has Woodward leaving to make 9, also known as 75% of the current B1G teams... But not Most of them.

dictionary said:
most
mōst/Submit
determiner & pronoun
superlative of many, much.
greatest in amount or degree.
"they've had the most success"
antonyms: little, few
adverb
adverb: most
superlative of much.
to the greatest extent.
"the things he most enjoyed"

Most definitely means more than the majority, perhaps the Trusty Brain with an attitude meant Most Big 10 Schools HAVE transfers. Or maybe he was talking like 20 years ago or something. Surely he didn't mean that most B1G schools don't have transfers this year..... No, that would be absurd....

THESCOUT! thinks awfully highly of himself. It's too bad he's actually kind of an idiot.

Thanks for doing the leg work, he walked right into what I knew off the top of my head and was going to research for him. However, you're missing Penn State who has Woodward leaving to make 9, also known as 75% of the current B1G teams... But not Most of them.

Most definitely means more than the majority, perhaps the Trusty Brain with an attitude meant Most Big 10 Schools HAVE transfers. Or maybe he was talking like 20 years ago or something. Surely he didn't mean that most B1G schools don't have transfers this year..... No, that would be absurd....

Ok my good man lets say there are 11 balls in a bucket 6 are blue and 5 are red ....most of the balls in this bucket are blue true or false? Kapish now!

Oh Christ, you're serious aren't you? Let me try to explain this to you. Oto has a degenerative condition in his knee from past surgeries. It's not a ACL or MCL where he can't put any weight on it, needs to be on crutches, but can rehab it & come back 100% next season. There is no coming back 100%, ever. If he rests it, it's gets better temporarily. When he tries to play on it, it gets worse again. i.e. He can't practice every day & play big minutes in the games like he had been trying to do without be hobbled. You could see it as the season wore on. He could in theory, not practice with the team & just play spot minutes in games for us next year, but that's not what they've decided to do.

All you had to do was look at the FSU game where he played 32 minutes & played as well or better as any 4 all year in that win. The following game he was noticeably hobbled & only played 6 minutes. It wasn't that Joey King was playing at such a high level that Oto couldn't get any minutes, he just couldn't go for more than a few minutes on the knee. That's all there is to it, no faked injury conspiracy here.

Top Bottom