GAME #30: Gophers (18-11, 7-9) @ #16 Michigan (20-7, 12-3) [BTN, 5:00PM]

11-7 lead, and then Tubby goes and does the line change, two minutes later an early controlled lead evaporates to a 15-16 deficit. Stupid Tubby, when's he going to stop these line changes?

I tell you what, if Tubby is too old to figure out you don't do line changes, especially not when your starting team is doing well and in the lead, then maybe there's a job in the bullocks of Texas with a second-rate program that he can head to.

they hit a few 3's towards the end of the half to get to 33%. At one point they were 18% from 3.

who else besides EE is going to help him?

He has to learn when to pull it out. Getting steals doesn't do any good if you charge down to the other end and turn it over 80% of the time. Myke is right, he can't go 100 mph all the time. He has to learn when to throttle it down.

11-7 lead, and then Tubby goes and does the line change, two minutes later an early controlled lead evaporates to a 15-16 deficit. Stupid Tubby, when's he going to stop these line changes?

I tell you what, if Tubby is too old to figure out you don't do line changes, especially not when your starting team is doing well and in the lead, then maybe there's a job in the bullocks of Texas with a second-rate program that he can head to.

Really?

Wouldn't mind seeing Buggs get back out there. We look really small and unathletic with this lineup.

Bad idea. I believe Michigan's 7-0 run at the end of the half was with Buggs in there; and GRobIII owned him, not to mention the bad TO on the offensive end. If Buggs is this inconsistent, now I see why he isn't seeing that much playing time. He was really bad out there so far.

We might as well just go home if we are going to keep giving Michigan open 3's all day.

Andre Hollins is going to put up 38 out of our 65 2nd half points and we'll blow them out.

In all seriousness, I feel like our only chance in games like this is for Dre and Malik and maybe Austin to bomb away and hope they get lucky. I don't see much chance just doing what we've been doing.

Bad idea. I believe Michigan's 7-0 run at the end of the half was with Buggs in there; and GRobIII owned him, not to mention the bad TO on the offensive end. If Buggs is this inconsistent, now I see why he isn't seeing that much playing time. He was really bad out there so far.

We were getting beat without him in there. No one else has a chance against Robinson and King was probably even worse than Buggs in the first half.

Buggs has been bad and King hasn't been much better. That position is a mess.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Poor Buggs“<a href="https://twitter.com/BTNBrentYarina">@BTNBrentYarina</a>: Really nice shot of <a href="https://twitter.com/umichbball">@umichbball</a>'s Glenn Robinson III's alley-oop right here. <a href="http://t.co/xkHkMpPpvD">pic.twitter.com/xkHkMpPpvD</a>”</p>— Marcus R. Fuller (@GophersNow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GophersNow/statuses/439913484696813569">March 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Biggest problems this game are all revolving around that the Gophers can't put the ball in the hoop. After missing a ton of shots they should have made, now it's just mental. Game over.

Would help if they'd guard the 3 line, though. Different game, same mistakes of sinking into the lane for no reason.

will see how much fight this team has this half

It's amazing the he was able to somehow do a line change even though only nine players have played in the game. Maybe that was the problem, did we only have 4 players enter?

King 3 and Mathieu long 2. Two bad possessions. Good job by Austin though.

It's amazing the he was able to somehow do a line change even though only nine players have played in the game. Maybe that was the problem, did we only have 4 players enter?

Yeah, Dre Hollins stayed in, 4 subs in with him at the 11-7 mark. Note that Buggs had entered a minute or two earlier; then 3 other subs entered after the TV timeout.

King setting screens for eliason so Morgan can't hedge. Good adjustment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such great analysis: 'How devastating is a loss here.' Yeah so many folks expected us to win this. It's devastating. ZZZ.

will see how much fight this team has this half

Oh they'll fight...they always do. The problem is they have to stop putting themselves in a spot where they have to fight back haha.

This team may have the lowest basketball IQ in the conference

Austin just can't find a way to eliminate the brain dead turnovers.

Oh they'll fight...they always do. The problem is they have to stop putting themselves in a spot where they have to fight back haha.

the 2nd half against Ohio St disagrees with you

Such great analysis: 'How devastating is a loss here.' Yeah so many folks expected us to win this. It's devastating. ZZZ.

It's just devastating. Despite the fact that we are 9 point underdogs, this was definitely a game everyone knew we should win...

Top Bottom