All Things RB Jeffrey Jones Thread

jones needs to get on the next plane home.. now.

Once there his parents need to cancel his cell phone and only let him leave the house to go back and forth to school. This kid is a program maker. If he gets on campus, Limgrover needs to figure out a way to get him Cobb and Berkley on the field together. Put two of them in the slot if you have to. Just get your playmakers on the field.

just looking into it more and Minnesota this year ran the ball over 100 times more then Florida and David Cobb got 89 more carries then Florida's leading rusher, Cobb who is a far less talented back then Mack Brown who was a 5 star also had 1.4 more yards per carry then Brown,
also looking at the Florida forums they want a back that is a burner in their class, Jeff runs a 4.69 40 and is considered more of a power back, they didn't feel Jeff would fit into their system very well and they feel that after the Cook decision that UF should just avoid an RB in this class and get this guy that they had in mind in their 2015 class that they think they can get him and he fits very well into their system, they actually talked about how their are a few 2105 backs that they will get, i suppose the UF coaches know more about what they want than the UF fans but still,...

I never previously thought about this, but now that you bring it up, you might be on to something....coaches of big-time programs might know more about their recruiting needs (just perhaps) than would their internet fan bases...:rolleyes:

I never previously thought about this, but now that you bring it up, you might be on to something....coaches of big-time programs might know more about their recruiting needs (just perhaps) than would their internet fan bases...:rolleyes:

crazy talk! lol

Can we please just give Jeff and his recruiting helper dude 2-3 mil and get this whole process resolved?! :cool:

I love JJ. Is it wrong I was hoping he'd lay an egg today? Is there anyone left on this board that thinks he wouldn't start for us next year?

jones with a pretty easy TD reception there.

2014-01-0215_51_10.gif

Jeff will be better then Clay, Ball, White, Gordon or Clement, i still don't think he signs with Florida and if you do then that is a knee jerk reaction, i mean it very well could happen but don't bet on it

i still don't think he signs with Florida and if you do then that is a knee jerk reaction, i mean it very well could happen but don't bet on it

So - you are saying it could happen or it couldn't happen?

Will Muschamp is on the hot seat at Florida, if they don't turn things around next year I don't expect he'll be back. If it's all about relationships, that had better be a consideration for Jones.

Will Muschamp is on the hot seat at Florida, if they don't turn things around next year I don't expect he'll be back. If it's all about relationships, that had better be a consideration for Jones.

that's why i don't get how any of these top tier guys are going there. i can see FSU or Miami if you want to be in Fla, but the U of F has been going downhill since Meyer left

i mean there is a better chance for him to stay here then to flip to UF but its by no means a guarantee

that's why i don't get how any of these top tier guys are going there. i can see FSU or Miami if you want to be in Fla, but the U of F has been going downhill since Meyer left

its still UF, it is still the University of (state), not (state) State University, except OSU and LSU, UF is also in the SEC, not the ACC, they still have done a lot more recently then the other 2 and Miami has zero fan support, less then we do, and when you have so much talent in that state there is plenty for all 3 to go around

Jeff will be better then Clay, Ball, White, Gordon or Clement, i still don't think he signs with Florida and if you do then that is a knee jerk reaction, i mean it very well could happen but don't bet on it

Nonsense. Way too early to say.

If Jones stays committed, he should be our starter next season. Cobb would still be able to get his share of carries as our 2nd RB.

This situation with Mr. Jones and Florida/Minnesota reminds me of the guy who says he wants to buy a really safe car, a car that gets really good gas mileage, a car that has an exceptional repair record and low cost repairs, and a car that is not expensive to insure. Then, he comes across a Porsche that is being offered at $20,000 below market value and in mint condition. He buys the Porsche. When his wife asks him what happened to all his car buying criteria, he tells her that this is the car he always dreamed of owning.

This situation with Mr. Jones and Florida/Minnesota reminds me of the guy who says he wants to buy a really safe car, a car that gets really good gas mileage, a car that has an exceptional repair record and low cost repairs, and a car that is not expensive to insure. Then, he comes across a Porsche that is being offered at $20,000 below market value and in mint condition. He buys the Porsche. When his wife asks him what happened to all his car buying criteria, he tells her that this is the car he always dreamed of owning.

I'm not worried about Florida. They've lost 7 games in a row including one to Georgia Southern. They have one of the worst offenses in the nation. They were giving most of the carries to a true freshman last year (Kelvin Taylor) and the other rb they used a lot is a junior the third running back is a soph, oh yeah they were all 4 star guys. Taylor was ranked the #6 rb in the nation and the #38 player in the country. There is a reason they have no rb commits this year, they have plenty.

If Jones stays committed, he should be our starter next season. Cobb would still be able to get his share of carries as our 2nd RB.

Crazy thought here but maybe before anointing him the starter we should let him get on campus and win the job. Kid is clearly a very good player and probably a pretty safe bet to do well at the next level but you never really know how good a guy is going to be until he gets into the system and proves it.

DC gained 1202 yards this season because of his improvement without the ball. If he works hard this offseason, he will get the bulk of the snaps next year.

DC gained 1202 yards this season because of his improvement without the ball. If he works hard this offseason, he will get the bulk of the snaps next year.

I feel that Cobb and Donnell are as good as they are going to get

I feel that Cobb and Donnell are as good as they are going to get

I doubt Kirkwood gets many carries next year. I think Cobb can still get better, this was his first year getting in-game experience and he seemed to improve as the season went along. Ideally, Cobb is the starter next year with Edwards and Jones getting carries dependent on how "ready" they are. If one or both aren't, then Williams and Kirkwood may see some opportunities. Williams is the wild card of the RB group, he's shown potential but is in danger of dropping really far on the depth chart.

From what I have gleamed Jeff's family is very important to him. I think he is enjoying his officials, as he should, but in the end he will stay here so those that are most important to him can watch and cheer for him in person.

I also think one of the under the radar recruiting tools for us with JJ is Trent Tucker. I know he has to be PC and such when it comes to it but when he had JJ on the radio he made a point of mentioning staying home and playing for us. Love or hate TT he will be a Gopher for life.

I have also seen him play a few times and as mentioned it can be tough to judge when he is playing the city teams but he shouldn't be classified as just a power back. He is more quick than break away, shifty with great vision, good hands, and definitely not a power back plodder. Reminds me of Frank Gore a little.

From what I have gleamed Jeff's family is very important to him. I think he is enjoying his officials, as he should, but in the end he will stay here so those that are most important to him can watch and cheer for him in person.

I also think one of the under the radar recruiting tools for us with JJ is Trent Tucker. I know he has to be PC and such when it comes to it but when he had JJ on the radio he made a point of mentioning staying home and playing for us. Love or hate TT he will be a Gopher for life.

I have also seen him play a few times and as mentioned it can be tough to judge when he is playing the city teams but he shouldn't be classified as just a power back. He is more quick than break away, shifty with great vision, good hands, and definitely not a power back plodder. Reminds me of Frank Gore a little.

I really hope you are right. I just don't see him staying here. I've been burned before, so I am bitter:(

Cobb is a better back today than Jones is. He is much stronger. Give Jones a year or two and he will be a very good college back, but let's not go overboard here.

Top Bottom