Souhan tweets that Kill is a liar

Souhan and GW...match made in heaven.

Speaking of GW, where has he been lately?

Fill in the blank: What's interesting about Souhan is _________

I will start. What's interesting about Souhan is nothing.

I can't figure out Souhan's endgame in all this. The public is firmly against him and the only thing that could really save him in that regard would be Kill needing to step down for health reasons which at this point seems less and less likely to happen everyday.

He is paid to be opinionated and stir the pot, which he has certainly done. I am sure he could give a crap what the public thinks but I can't believe he would like getting blasted by his peers. He is doing his best to turn this into a full blown feud between himself and the head coach and the only reason I can think of is to keep getting attention even if 99.99% of it is negative towards him at this point.

It almost feels like he is trying to get fired but not really sure how that would benefit him so can't imagine that is what he is going for.

How can this be new to Souhan? Claeys in one of his first Press Conferences said the difference with how Kill was handling things this time is he was sticking it out even after he thought he had things under control. Kill has said the same thing and today just amplified it.

"Sometimes, I am a bullhead," he said, his voice a mixture of self-awareness, apology and his characteristic plainspokenness.

"I hear all these people say, 'God first, family,'" Kill said. "Hey, are you really telling the truth? I'm telling you. … When you're turning a program, you gotta do that. I put football [first] and I work God and my family in there when I could. That's being honest. I can't go back and change anything."

No, can't see why Souhan thinks that this is some kind of revelation. Maybe it's something else instead? Wonder what it could be?

"The awareness of his condition has given Kill a cause. He admits to being driven by a local columnist who suggested in September the coach "is not healthy enough to lead."

"Kiss my ass," Kill said, growing agitated behind his desk. "I'm going to show you. I'm a Division I coach, OK? I've got epilepsy. I've been doing this [expletive] and winning for a long time. I'll show you."

Everyone inside Bierman insists the routine has changed little. Kill has returned to his office. He was more than generous with his time recently to a reporter.

Oh, yeah, NOW I get it.

Apparently Mr.Souhan can dish it out but has more than a little trouble taking it. :D

I'm not a lawyer, but this seem to bordering on libel. In any other market, Souhan would already be GONE. It's like he's daring the Star Tribune to fire him, and has figured out that they won't. I think it's because the media here doesn't know how sports media is supposed to operate. It's like being fed stale bread all your life, since you don't know what fresh bread tastes like, you don't know what you're missing.

I don't gamble but I am familiar with the term "doubling down". Would this be "triple-ing down"??

I fear we are going to wake up one of these days to learn Souhan has attacked Kill at his home while he sleeps, and is being held by authorities.

How fit he is. He is really fit.

I will fill in the blank: "that he is still employed." People aren't buying the paper to read his garbage.

Villification - the act of finding villainy where it ain't.

Yah and if you don't believe how fit he is he will tell you that he is very fit. Jokes aside, I don't understand what Souhans angle in all of this really is or his end game. Neither guy really knows each other and yet there are these little digs and now some back and forth. Kind of silly for two grown men in professional positions ending up taking pot shots at each other but in this case it was one side that started it. Jim started using his platform in the media to take pot shots at the coach and his personal health situation as a platform to ask the coach to step down or call him out as what he said in this "tweet".
I really don't understand what Souhans agenda is in all of this ,and his need to make it personal?
Seems silly for him to continue this useless war of words especially in a twitter format.

He obviously doesn't care if people hate him. I have to think he has some agenda. There seems to be a place in today's media for a villain and when your career is going nowhere, you struggle to find dates, and your life is all-around miserable, you grab at a chance to escape. I wonder if he's hoping to ride Kill's success to a gig on one of ESPN's stupid debate shows.

Yah and if you don't believe how fit he is he will tell you that he is very fit. Jokes aside, I don't understand what Souhans angle in all of this really is or his end game. Neither guy really knows each other and yet there are these little digs and now some back and forth. Kind of silly for two grown men in professional positions ending up taking pot shots at each other but in this case it was one side that started it. Jim started using his platform in the media to take pot shots at the coach and his personal health situation as a platform to ask the coach to step down or call him out as what he said in this "tweet".
I really don't understand what Souhans agenda is in all of this ,and his need to make it personal?
Seems silly for him to continue this useless war of words especially in a twitter format.

When has Kill ever acknowledged him?

In the CBS Sports article. Pretty sure that's what brought out the angry tweet:

"The awareness of his condition has given Kill a cause. He admits to being driven by a local columnist who suggested in September the coach "is not healthy enough to lead."

"Kiss my ass," Kill said, growing agitated behind his desk. "I'm going to show you. I'm a Division I coach, OK? I've got epilepsy. I've been doing this [expletive] and winning for a long time. I'll show you."

I for one am thankful for Souhan. We had to have a good villain if Hollywood was going to make a movie about this season!

DIAGNOSIS DICTIONARY

Narcissistic Personality Disorder
Individuals with narcissistic personality disorder generally believe that the world revolves around them. This condition is characterized by a lack of ability to empathize with others and a desire to keep the focus on themselves at all times.
Narcissistic Personality Disorder involves arrogant behavior, a lack of empathy for other people, and a need for admiration-all of which must be consistently evident at work and in relationships. People who are narcissistic are frequently described as cocky, self-centered, manipulative, and demanding.

Any chance there can be "Souhan: Kiss my ass" tshirts ready for Saturday?

By tshirts, I guess I mean parkas!

Love it!

I'm not a lawyer, but this seem to bordering on libel. In any other market, Souhan would already be GONE. It's like he's daring the Star Tribune to fire him, and has figured out that they won't. I think it's because the media here doesn't know how sports media is supposed to operate. It's like being fed stale bread all your life, since you don't know what fresh bread tastes like, you don't know what you're missing.

+1, this is what I first crossed m mind, when does this become libel?

Just a little bit in the Dodd article posted on CBS sportsline attached here today "He can kiss my a$$". For the most part I think he has ignored Souhan to pretty much stayed out of the public eye on that stuff and tried to take the high road. I don't really understand where Souhans vitriole is coming from or why he keeps trying to play the role of Vilian or victim. Some stuff he should just let go and not write about it. The Twitter comment could be out of context but it almost seems like a call out.

In addition to all the other bad things said about Souhan, he's a dummy. My Grandpa told me when I was young, "Don't ever let your peck** or your ego get in the way of your wallet." Souhan is doing just that. He's picking a fight with almost no upside and a hell of a lot of downside. Doesn't make any sense to pick an irrevelent fight with someone on the verge of long missed success who is becoming a beloved figure. Stupido, compadre!

I can see Kill being asked about his critics that spouted off around the Michigan game and responding like that, but it seems odd that he would specifically and publicly talk about one columnist. Dodd certainly paints it that way with the "by a local columnist".

Top Bottom