Estan Tyler

JohnnyGopher

Reaction score
Since shooter let the cat out of the bag today, The Gophers men's basketball team is interested in 6-foot-2 guard Estan Tyler, who will be a junior this fall at St. Paul Johnson and has starred for ex-Timberwolf Chris Carr's "43 Hoops" AAU summer team.

Saul thinks he's the best player in the state regardlesss of class. Not so sure that height is legit unless he has grown 2-3 inches this summer.

Since shooter let the cat out of the bag today, The Gophers men's basketball team is interested in 6-foot-2 guard Estan Tyler, who will be a junior this fall at St. Paul Johnson and has starred for ex-Timberwolf Chris Carr's "43 Hoops" AAU summer team.

Saul thinks he's the best player in the state regardlesss of class. Not so sure that height is legit unless he has grown 2-3 inches this summer.

I read elsewhere that he is expected at Iowa's elite camp this week.

If I remember correctly Tyler is in the same class as the younger Alipate. I remember hearing that Izzo was watching Alipate a few months back. I'm curious to hear Johnny's take on how these two players compare. I have seen Alipate and have been somewhat impressed, have not seen Tyler. I thought Alipate might hit a growth spurt as Moses is much taller.

Tyler is down at the Iowa elite camp I think. Thomas Schalk and Eric Robertson are down there as well. The Iowa Rivals writer mentioned Robertson as playing well in 5 on 5 this afternoon.

I think the 2011 class in Minnesota is going to be pretty solid. Probably several high DI players w/ Tyler, Ross Travis, Alipate, maybe White, Schalk, etc.

Top Bottom