Zac Epping commits to Minnesota

As far as the common person is concerned, it's sold out. Only the richies can get tickets now.

Ah, I see, comrade. Once the running dogs of capitalism have been sent to the camps near the boundary waters, the rule of the proletariat can commence and all can share equally in the spoils of our labors!

"Hey, how come he gets to sit on the 50-yard line and I'm in the endzone?" Damn, it was nice while it lasted.

I see why you don't have a job working as a scout. Have you actually watched Parish highlight film? He isn't moving to safety. He is a QB, and a pretty good one.

You oblivously havent seen him play outside of the 2 minute highlight tape from 2 games. He had 1, maybe two good plays in the State Championship and those came in the first series. He is a very athletically gifted player, but QB may not be his best position.

According to Wissports, Lewallen was supposedly the 8th best OT in Wisconsin or so I read on another board. So he was/is known to some recruiting services I suspect.

Cheers,
Saskatchewan Gopher

He never put out a highlight tape to either teams or recruiting services so that is why Rivals, Scout and ESPN have nothing on him. You have to remember if these sites dont get film on kids, then they arent going to be evaluated.

Marquis Mason is a freak athlete who was getting D1 offers in basketball but his appears to be better in football. Think of a Rodney Williams type athlete playing football.

Marquis Mason is a freak athlete who was getting D1 offers in basketball but his appears to be better in football. Think of a Rodney Williams type athlete playing football.

No offense but that is going a little far. If the comparison were true Mason would be a higher ranked basketball player with high major recruiting interest. He can still be a great athlete without that comparison.

Or, put another way, it's not sold out.

I think that would be a bit awkward when, say, OSU or Michigan were visiting, but you do what you want.

no we would only call it that when becky and the hogeyes visit town. likely in giant 20 ft tall letters complete with noise makers, ballons and confetti! ;-)

And How many of those were you alive for? Talk about inferiority complex.

My apologies. I was unaware of the "national titles won since March 1, 1980 are more important" clause. Thanks for telling me.

Let's do a little arithmetic:

Wisconsin national titles prior to March 1, 1980 (0) + Wisconsin national titles since March 1, 1980 (0) = Total Wisconsin national titles (0)

Minnesota national titles prior to March 1, 1980 (6) + Minnesota national titles since March 1, 1980 (0) = Total Minnesota national titles (6)

Hmm, looks like the math still works out in our favor. Sorry.

You're probably right, though. Clearly Bielema's 3-0 record against the Gophers is more important than six national titles. How silly of me.

Sure. My answer is the same, 2006. Bielema had been DC the previous two years before he was named head coach, and had recruited numerous players who made significant contributions on that team.

Does anyone else see the irony in Bucky ripping Brewster mercilessly for claiming victories as an assistant coach, yet this clown, with a straight face, gives Bielema credit for recruits as an assistant coach?

Being a great recruiter doesn't necessarily equate to being a good head coach.

Feel free to point out where I said, or even insinuated, that.

Let's don't get to cocky yet...Unfortunately we are not in any position to talk smack yet until we beat Wisconsin and Iowa regularly and start winning conference titles IMO.

"Start" winning conference titles? Eighteen would disagree with your assessment.

And I can, have, and will continue to talk smack until the day I die regarding the following:

59-51-8
18-11
6-0

The thing that's hilarious is that Wisconsin has totally owned us under Barry and ButtBoy, and we still have an 8-game lead in the series. That's gotta hurt.

Oh, and don't use "us" or "we" when referring to the Gophers. The only thing you're here for is to tell us how much better Nebraska and Texas are.

Here are some suggestions for better websites for you to visit:

www.huskerspot.com
www.HuskersIllustrated.com
www.BigRedReport.com
www.burntorangenation.com
www.hookembiz.com
www.gohorns.com

You oblivously havent seen him play outside of the 2 minute highlight tape from 2 games.

And you "oblivously" went to school at Madison.

No offense but that is going a little far. If the comparison were true Mason would be a higher ranked basketball player with high major recruiting interest. He can still be a great athlete without that comparison.

He is only 6'5 but like Williams is raw offensively in terms of a jump shot. Like Williams though he is very explosive in terms of leaping and driving ability. The reason he hasnt gotten high D1 offers is because he doesnt have the perimeter skills yet.

Does anyone else see the irony in Bucky ripping Brewster mercilessly for claiming victories as an assistant coach, yet this clown, with a straight face, gives Bielema credit for recruits as an assistant coach?

Sorry, Alanis, nothing ironic in it at all, you're comparing apples and oranges. If Bielema can't take credit for recruiting players as DC at Wisconsin, then surely Punky should stop taking credit for bringing Vince Young to Texas, right?

Assistant coaches and coordinators are usually individually responsible for recruiting particular players in specific regions. This is often a major factor in hiring/firing decisions, above & beyond their ability as coaches. On the other hand, assistant coaches and coordinators have never, until Punky, been known to take credit for wins.

You asked if "the Badgers [would ever] win 10 games (or the Rose Bowl) with a roster that had even one significant contributor that Bielema recruited." The answer is: Yes, he did it in 2006.

So because it "hasn't been done before" that means it's wrong?

Clearly, at some point, somewhere along the line, someone gave an assistant coach credit for a recruit for the first time. People probably thought that was wrong too.

It's pretty pathetic when a main ripping point is the size of our stadium, as if that is relevant to anything.

So because it "hasn't been done before" that means it's wrong?

No, you've got it backwards, it was never done before because it is wrong. That Punky (or, to be fair, someone in the Minny athletic dept.) couldn't understand that is pretty pathetic. That fact that when it became widely known they quickly removed it from the website is a tacit admission that it was a f-ed up thing to do.

It's pretty pathetic when a main ripping point is the size of our stadium, as if that is relevant to anything.

I wouldn't say it's the main ripping point, in fact it's pretty far down the list. Still funny, though.

Sorry, Alanis, nothing ironic in it at all, you're comparing apples and oranges. If Bielema can't take credit for recruiting players as DC at Wisconsin, then surely Punky should stop taking credit for bringing Vince Young to Texas, right?

Assistant coaches and coordinators are usually individually responsible for recruiting particular players in specific regions. This is often a major factor in hiring/firing decisions, above & beyond their ability as coaches. On the other hand, assistant coaches and coordinators have never, until Punky, been known to take credit for wins.

You asked if "the Badgers [would ever] win 10 games (or the Rose Bowl) with a roster that had even one significant contributor that Bielema recruited." The answer is: Yes, he did it in 2006.

I LOVE that we have another little Becky troll on the board!!! Thanks for coming over and providing us some good comic relief little buddy :clap: Your insecurities about yourself (which cause you to come to boards like this and try to flex your muscles) are clearly visible...... did your wife/girlfriend get sick of putting that little 4 incher in her mouth???? Need something else to pump you up to get up each morning???? Thats cool though, keep coming over here and trying to compare Camp Randall to TCF (I've been to Camp, spare me the talk about the atmosphere, that place is a shit hole, Camp is for TCF to poop on) and trying to justify why the fuc& you have a tool running your program. Should we just pull out Sears Cup standings the last decade??? We are far superior as a state, I can see why you are over here going all Napoleon complex on us. You should be so proud of your largest city, I mean Milwaukee is something to write home about........ if you love welfare!!! Madison is a dump too less the campus. Have fun over there..........

Thanks little buddy!!!

My apologies. I was unaware of the "national titles won since March 1, 1980 are more important" clause. Thanks for telling me.

Let's do a little arithmetic:

Wisconsin national titles prior to March 1, 1980 (0) + Wisconsin national titles since March 1, 1980 (0) = Total Wisconsin national titles (0)

Minnesota national titles prior to March 1, 1980 (6) + Minnesota national titles since March 1, 1980 (0) = Total Minnesota national titles (6)

Hmm, looks like the math still works out in our favor. Sorry.

You're probably right, though. Clearly Bielema's 3-0 record against the Gophers is more important than six national titles. How silly of me.

Feel free to point out where I said, or even insinuated, that.

"Start" winning conference titles? Eighteen would disagree with your assessment.

And I can, have, and will continue to talk smack until the day I die regarding the following:

59-51-8
18-11
6-0

The thing that's hilarious is that Wisconsin has totally owned us under Barry and ButtBoy, and we still have an 8-game lead in the series. That's gotta hurt.

Oh, and don't use "us" or "we" when referring to the Gophers. The only thing you're here for is to tell us how much better Nebraska and Texas are.

Here are some suggestions for better websites for you to visit:

www.huskerspot.com
www.HuskersIllustrated.com
www.BigRedReport.com
www.burntorangenation.com
www.hookembiz.com
www.gohorns.com

And you "oblivously" went to school at Madison.

I will use the term "I" when talking about Minnesota because I am an alum, which I know bothers you greatly. I just think it is pointless to talk smack to any big ten opponent when we(there I go again) haven't won anything of signifance in 40 years. While the national titles are great, they are not relevant to today at all and apparently haven't assisted us in recruiting for many years. I think it is a poor representation of our fans to start talking smack and only having 40-60 year old data to use in your argument IMO.

Man, I love idiot Badger fans who feel the need to come in here and defend themselves and their shitty program. Inferiority complex much? I have never once visited a Badger site, and never will. I have more self-respect than that.

"Renewed hope"? Why did Badger fans need "renewed hope"? They had a coach for the previous 2 decades who overachieved beyond anyone's wildest wet ones. We are excited because the only decent coach we've had in the last 40 years (Holtz) left before he even got started, and now we have excitement around the program unlike anything in decades. You guys are a bunch of crying babies because you're far worse off, talentwise, coachingwise, anythingelse-wise, than you were three years ago. Meanwhile, the exact opposite is true for us.

Man, you're an idiot. Think it has anything to do with the Badgers finishing 9-4 the year before, and the Gophers finishing 1-11? Or maybe even that the Badgers finished 12-1 two years prior, with Alvarez' hand-picked team and successor?

Show me where I said that. Go ahead, I'm waiting. Also, you've already been proven wrong on the second point.

Towel-boy, that's a good one. Not "best recruiter in the country," as labeled by more than one individual who writes recruiting magazines for a living.

OK, let me rephrase it: When will the Badgers win 10 games (or the Rose Bowl) with a roster that had even one significant contributor that Bielema recruited? There, is that better for you?

I couldn't give two shits less about any of the WI commits who've verballed. I don't know enough about any of them to know whether they'll be any good or not. This whole thing got started because I will maintain, and will not be dissuaded from, my opinion that this "must come to camp before offer" mantra is one of the most narcissistic, and insanely idiotic, recruiting tactics I've ever seen.

To paraphrase Bronko:

Days since any Badger has held the national championship trophy: and counting.

Suck it, biatch!

I will use the term "I" when talking about Minnesota because I am an alum, which I know bothers you greatly. I just think it is pointless to talk smack to any big ten opponent when we(there I go again) haven't won anything of signifance in 40 years. While the national titles are great, they are not relevant to today at all and apparently haven't assisted us in recruiting for many years. I think it is a poor representation of our fans to start talking smack and only having 40-60 year old data to use in your argument IMO.

Thank you that was all im sayng, Hey guess what the Cubs have two World Series titles you dont see their fans beating there chests about those do you?

Bragging about history from when your great grandpa was alive for is hardly a great indicator of team success. Also your 29 years old and still say suck it?

I LOVE that we have another little Becky troll on the board!!! Thanks for coming over and providing us some good comic relief little buddy

No, thank you for the warm welcome. It really is true what they say about Minnesotans!

Should we just pull out Sears Cup standings the last decade???

Hmmm. I'll admit I had to look this up. I would guess you're referring to the Learfield Cup, it hasn't been called the Sears Cup since 2002. It is defined as, "The NACDA Learfield Sports Directors' Cup is an award given annually by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics to <STRIKE>the colleges and universities with the most success in collegiate athletics</STRIKE> Stanford. Its primary function is to serve as a balm for fans from colleges who haven't won anything meaningful in decades in either football or basketball, but have done moderately well at a bunch of sports no one gives a damn about."

Very interesting, I did not know that!

We are far superior as a state, I can see why you are over here going all Napoleon complex on us. You should be so proud of your largest city, I mean Milwaukee is something to write home about........ if you love welfare!!! Madison is a dump too less the campus. Have fun over there..........

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I am from or currently live in Wisconsin. I am not and I don't. If you like where you live, that's just awesome. I do too!

Thanks little buddy!!!

My pleasure!

Uh oh...'Sconny fans are coming over now....

..it is a sign they are nervous.

In years past, they wouldn't have bothered.

Now, they feel the need to defend their own program. It's a sign folks.

It really is true what they say about Minnesotans!

Yes, it is, we are a superior breed.

On another note, I think you need to re-evaluate the path your life is taking right now :(. To spend entire days logged onto a message board of a team you don't like has to be very unfulfilling when you go to bed at night and recap what your day consisted of. Come on little guy, pull it together, for yourself, for your mental health, for anyone who has to claim to be related to you. If I would ever go onto a rival's message board I may have to admit myself, at that point I would say it had gone beyond a healthy interest in your favorite college football team.

The members of GopherHole wish you a quick and speedy recover back to a fulfilling and worth-while life. Take care little buddy, we're pullin for ya!!!

No, you've got it backwards, it was never done before because it is wrong. That Punky (or, to be fair, someone in the Minny athletic dept.) couldn't understand that is pretty pathetic. That fact that when it became widely known they quickly removed it from the website is a tacit admission that it was a f-ed up thing to do.

I wouldn't say it's the main ripping point, in fact it's pretty far down the list. Still funny, though.

lame ass - if you are just here to flame then perhaps you should just move on voluntarily before you are "86'ed". so far you aren't adding much to discussions, but i am sure that is by design. ;)

Thank you that was all im sayng, Hey guess what the Cubs have two World Series titles you dont see their fans beating there chests about those do you?

Bragging about history from when your great grandpa was alive for is hardly a great indicator of team success. Also your 29 years old and still say suck it?

hmmmm 1908 vs. 1960 is quite a big difference, so your counter-point doesn't make any sense in this discussion. dpdoll is 29, so contrary to your exaggerated ramblings our last NC would likely have be when his father was coming of age. his grandfather and great-grandfather were around for the first 5 NC's.

btw - which becky football NC's was your father, grandfather and great-grandfather around for?!?! oh my bad, i forgot. sorry! :rolleyes:

It really is true what they say about Minnesotans!

and what do they say about wisconsinites and about some who went to school at UW? last i had heard many of them were a bunch of ladies skin wearing, dead body part freezing & eating, fat, lazy, alcoholic, loud-mouthed, green bay butt packer loving ass-holes!

wow. must be sweet when a state's claims to fame are essentially: ed gein, jeffery dahmer and an over-abundence of fat-ass cheese eating and beer drinking germans who like to wear plastic cheese wedges on their heads along with jeans from ShopKo during all times of the year as a serious fashion statement! :cheer:

on wisconsin indeed! :rolleyes:

hmmmm 1908 vs. 1960 is quite a big difference, so your counter-point doesn't make any sense in this discussion. dpdoll is 29, so contrary to your exaggerated ramblings our last NC would likely have be when his father was coming of age. his grandfather and great-grandfather were around for the first 5 NC's.

btw - which becky football NC's was your father, grandfather and great-grandfather around for?!?! oh my bad, i forgot. sorry! :rolleyes:

Whatever this is pointless, im done. Have another nice year below .500.:drink:

Boy

Whatever this is pointless, im done. Have another nice year below .500.:drink:

Try not to struggle too greatly with Wofford. I see four wins on that schedule as cheap as any that Mason ever brought home, several probably cheaper. I understand how you look down on us clinging to one good decade 70 years ago, buy hey it was a hell of a decade, one few will top. Yet, to listen to you one might think you were a fan of Ohio State or USC.

See some of us aren't teens or can remember the '80's. I lived in Wisconsin in the 80's. I remember the 35,000 you could scrape together to watch Morton scarcely win a game all season. I remember how fans used to get all misty eyed over Davey McClain who managed to get to three whole bowls and even win one before the beer and sausage caught up with him. Before that all the old timers would get all excited about the 1950's and the good ol' days. Your program languished in depths no less deep than we did and just because you had a couple of good years in the 90's try not to pretend you are a dynasty.

Further more Alvarez's glory days are going on 10 year gone now. How long will that glimmer of greatness still light your candelabra? Both Bielema and Brewster have a couple of years to go before anything is proven or disproven about their track records. Will 2006 prove to be a fluke for Bielema or can he stand out and show that he isn't just sliding down the back side of Barry's rainbow? Will Brewster wash away all memory of 2007 with winning years with his alleged recruiting prowess? Boy I love too see our two programs square off, always have. Christ, that is what gets me excited in friggin April for the next season. But I know better than to troll it up in the other team's fan board, because I was a boy in Wisconsin before Barry and I know how low a school can get, because brother the Badgers have been in some deep deep gutters. I wonder how many years from the 99 Rose Bowl you will wait until you pack it in as a fan, because if you are shallow enough to go to an opponent's message board and gloat all night, I doubt you have the fiber to weather the long long nights that historically fall upon Badger land.

Try not to struggle too greatly with Wofford. I see four wins on that schedule as cheap as any that Mason ever brought home, several probably cheaper. I understand how you look down on us clinging to one good decade 70 years ago, buy hey it was a hell of a decade, one few will top. Yet, to listen to you one might think you were a fan of Ohio State or USC.

See some of us aren't teens or can remember the '80's. I lived in Wisconsin in the 80's. I remember the 35,000 you could scrape together to watch Morton scarcely win a game all season. I remember how fans used to get all misty eyed over Davey McClain who managed to get to three whole bowls and even win one before the beer and sausage caught up with him. Before that all the old timers would get all excited about the 1950's and the good ol' days. Your program languished in depths no less deep than we did and just because you had a couple of good years in the 90's try not to pretend you are a dynasty.

Further more Alvarez's glory days are going on 10 year gone now. How long will that glimmer of greatness still light your candelabra? Both Bielema and Brewster have a couple of years to go before anything is proven or disproven about their track records. Will 2006 prove to be a fluke for Bielema or can he stand out and show that he isn't just sliding down the back side of Barry's rainbow? Will Brewster wash away all memory of 2007 with winning years with his alleged recruiting prowess? Boy I love too see our two programs square off, always have. Christ, that is what gets me excited in friggin April for the next season. But I know better than to troll it up in the other team's fan board, because I was a boy in Wisconsin before Barry and I know how low a school can get, because brother the Badgers have been in some deep deep gutters. I wonder how many years from the 99 Rose Bowl you will wait until you pack it in as a fan, because if you are shallow enough to go to an opponent's message board and gloat all night, I doubt you have the fiber to weather the long long nights that historically fall upon Badger land.

Boom! That just happened!

And yes, I still say suck it to people who enjoy that sort of thing!

So...suck it!!

Zing! That pretty much sums it up.

The Gophers and Skunks are rivals for a reason. After you peel away all the bravado, there are plenty of skeletons in each closet. Gopher fans have reasons to believe the 40 years of bad/mediocre times are nearing their end but also enough reasons for concern to hold final judgment. Meanwhile even the most delusional skunk fans are concerned about the current direction of their program ("fire Bielema" websites anyone?) but most can't seem to come to grips with it. If pounding your chest and spending your time over here is part of the therapy, well then at least I'm glad we could help out in that small way. Get well soon.

The trend is your friend...

TroyD92 pukes:
"Bragging about history from when your great grandpa was alive for is hardly a great indicator of team success"

Here's something that might help be an indicator:
12-1
9-4
7-6
??

Hmmmm......

WI and IA coeds come to Gopher football games and then I introduce them to my DT company owned condo. "you have a jacuzzi?" "Oh, I just love the big city!"

Wisconsin had a nice run, but it's over. Becky finishes 9th in the Big Ten this year. You're also going to finish behind the Gophers in Men's hoops and it's only going to get worse if that spaz Bo Ryan drops dead from a Billy Mays-style heart attack.

Top Bottom