Maresh's brother goes to Vikings, plus...

lakesbison

Banned
Reaction score
Sam Maresh's brother Mike from NDSU was just invited monday morning to Vikings mini-camp.

thats 7 NDSU football players now.

Nick Schommer S (prescott wisc) drafted in 7th by Titans.

Tyler Roehl (you remember him, right?) Signed with Seattle

Jeremiah Wurzbacher Signed with San Diego

Ramon Humber Signed with Indy

Kole Heckendorf & Joe Lardinos Signed with Packers.

Great day to be a Bison.

Craig Dahl - St Louis

Joe Mays - Philly

Mike Drago - Indy

That's 10 in last 2 years.!!!

show some respect for the Maresh family.

such hate around here.

my gosh, I thought it was something to share. and these guys had an amazing game vs the gophers and thought it would help ease the pain knowing it was quite a talented group.

they will never play a down and probably never see the regular season

Being invited to the mini-camp means you get to compete with 40 other rookies to see who gets the 3 invite slots to actual training camp, and then probably gets cut there.

Justin Kucek is invited to the Vikings mini-camp too. It don't mean squat unless you actually get an invite to camp...

Maresh was the only one invited .

the REST signed as Free Agents.

wow, you guys are mamby pamby. be happy dudes. its monday!!

Congratulations to the NDSU guys on getting a shot at the NFL. They like a lot of other rookies will have to earn their spots irregardless of where they went to school.
________
Deposit insurance advice

Lakesdouche:

A. No one on here could give two shits about any NDSU players, including Mike Maresh.

B. Zero chance any of these guys plays a down in the NFL, much less makes it out of training camp.

oh fudge:

Irregardless is not a word. If it were, it would technically mean having much regard.

I've got no problem hearing about NDSU kids getting signed. Most of them are local kids anyway. Maresh was an animal and hopefully he makes a practice squad somewhere.

LakeBison: Keep posting - you aren't harming anyone

Lakesdouche:

A. No one on here could give two shits about any NDSU players, including Mike Maresh.

B. Zero chance any of these guys plays a down in the NFL, much less makes it out of training camp.

oh fudge:

Irregardless is not a word. If it were, it would technically mean having much regard.

i love it. this guy calling someone else a douche.

show some respect for the Maresh family.

such hate around here.

my gosh, I thought it was something to share. and these guys had an amazing game vs the gophers and thought it would help ease the pain knowing it was quite a talented group.

THE GAME WAS 2 YEARS AGO!!!!! I realize your life is completely insignificant, but how long are you going to hang your hat on a victory over a 1-11 team???? Move on....get a life!

I've got no problem hearing about NDSU kids getting signed. Most of them are local kids anyway. Maresh was an animal and hopefully he makes a practice squad somewhere.

LakeBison: Keep posting - you aren't harming anyone

you sir need to shut your pie hole! this site is gopherhole. not gopherhole with special weekly appearances by lakesdouche to give us lame ass updates on obscure, quasi-local kids who played for the NDSU fighting sioux and whose asses he would like to wipe

At least Mason's failed recruiting can't plague you for much longer. I'm sure most of these guys were within 3 1/2 hours of the Twin Cities.

At least Mason's failed recruiting can't plague you for much longer. I'm sure most of these guys were within 3 1/2 hours of the Twin Cities.

i love how you assume that means the gophers in some strange reverse logic would have even wanted them because of the distance they lived from minneapolis.

are you lakesdouche's twin or something?! ;)

i love how you assume that means the gophers in some strange reverse logic would have even wanted them because of the distance they lived from minneapolis.

are you lakesdouche's twin or something?! ;)

They were right under his nose, seven kids that made an immediate impact on the football field, had great careers at NDSU, and are now headed to NFL camps. Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Gophers would never want players like that, who would ever want players that excell in college and have NFL potential.

I know there will be misses and NDSU will get a good player or two from under Minnesota's nose, but seven in one class?

Cmon bronko, don't be a blind homer like lakes, unless you are gunning to be his long lost twin.

They were right under his nose, seven kids that made an immediate impact on the football field, had great careers at NDSU, and are now headed to NFL camps. Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Gophers would never want a players like that, who would ever want players that excell in college and have NFL potential.

I know there will be misses and NDSU will get a good player or 2 from under Minnesota's nose, but seven in one class?

Cmon bronko, don't be a blind homer like lakes, unless you are gunning to be his long lost twin.

nfl camps?! try mini-camps (basically obligated opportunity tryouts with 50 other guys at each camp who are just as good if not better then them). don't be surprised if none of your fighting bison make an actual NFL roster this fall. if one of them does then congrats to him.

how is what i said being a blind homer? i was only questioning your strange quasi-reverse logic because some NDSU guys get invitied to an obligatory mini-camp along with hundreds of other college players that somehow that means the gophers should have wanted them at the U of M all along. you are the one who is looking like the real homer here brotha!

nfl camps?! try mini-camps (basically obligated opportunity tryouts with 50 other guys at each camp who are just as good if not better then them). don't be surprised if none of your fighting bison make an actual NFL roster this fall. if one of them does then congrats to him.

how is what i said being a blind homer? i was only questioning your strange quasi-reverse logic because some NDSU guys get invitied to an obligatory mini-camp along with hundreds of other college players that somehow that means the gophers should have wanted them at the U of M all along. you are the one who is looking like the real homer here brotha!

Strange logic? I find your logic strange that these players might be good enough for the NFL but weren't good enough for the Gophers. Even Mason admitted that NDSU has 20 or so players that would be on his two deep so this isn't like it is some big shock.

The thing is that Bohl had at least a few of these players higher than the players that Mason signed, seeing this class send seven to NFL only confirms how bad Mason was at the end of his tenure. That is all I'm saying. It is pretty hard to argue with, it was clear NDSU had better talent in 2008, things changed with Brewster last year but that doesn't change just how bad Mason was.

Strange logic? I find your logic strange that these players might be good enough for the NFL but weren't good enough for the Gophers. Even Mason admitted that NDSU has 20 or so players that would be on his two deep so this isn't like it is some big shock.

The thing is that Bohl had at least a few of these players higher than the players that Mason signed, seeing this class send seven to NFL only confirms how bad Mason was at the end of his tenure. That is all I'm saying. It is pretty hard to argue with, it was clear NDSU had better talent in 2008, things changed with Brewster last year but that doesn't change just how bad Mason was.

well, we can agree on at least one thing.....

Let me know when they take a snap. They were not 'sent to the NFL.'

i have heard Summer's Eve works much better. ;)

Ha! I was thinking Massengill, but for some reason Vagisil is what came out on the keyboard.

Maybe I was subliminally thinking of what that Tyler Durden-wannabe should use on himself.

Let me know when they take a snap. They were not 'sent to the NFL.'

I realize that, my guess is that two make an NFL roster, the only thing I wanted to highlight was Mason's failure in spotting good local talent and how that isn't going to plague you anymore because Brewster gets it.

well. 3 already made a roster.. and possibly Roehl and Schommer FOR SURE.

Dahl, Mays and Drago are on rosters as we speak.

Roehl will play in Seattle.

Schommer is likely to play in Titans.

Ramon Humber is the most talented athlete, im guessing he will be a possibility.

Kole Heckendorf put up a 4.33 40 for the pro scouts and is off to green bay.

So I guess we'll see.

MASON MISSED ALL OF THESE PLAYERS, THANK GOD MASON IS GONE!! but Brewster will overlook these types of kids too, and I surely hope he doesnt.

grammar-nazi2.jpg

Good Luck to these guys especially Ramon and Mike. They are tremendous athletes but they will be in a tough battle to make a roster spot but I sure hope that they are given a chance to show what they are made of. Good luck to Willie in Baltimore as well.

Top Bottom