Badger starting Right Tackle Casey Dehnn gone.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/163565936.html

Offensive lineman Casey Dehn is not expected to return to the Wisconsin football team in 2012, a source close to Dehn said Tuesday.

Dehn, a redshirt junior from Owatonna, Minn., closed spring practice as UW’s No. 1 right tackle.

He was expected to compete for that job or the No. 1 right-guard position in camp, which opens Aug. 6.

Dehn left the program in the middle of the 2011 season because of academic issues but returned for winter conditioning.

FWIW, Dehn was not likely to start at right tackle for UW, or any other position for that matter. He was at the top of the depth chart to close out the spring because of injuries, but was likely the 3rd option at RT this fall.

FWIW, Dehn was not likely to start at right tackle for UW, or any other position for that matter. He was at the top of the depth chart to close out the spring because of injuries, but was likely the 3rd option at RT this fall.

Of course he was. He was probably going to be the assistant water boy and help repair helmets in his spare time....

Of course he was. He was probably going to be the assistant water boy and help repair helmets in his spare time....

No, he was likely going to be 3rd on the depth chart at RT, and likely second on the depth chart at RG.

No, he was likely going to be 3rd on the depth chart at RT, and likely second on the depth chart at RG.

From your own sources:
"Casey Dehn's return to the program has drawn rave reviews. He has taken over as the No. 1 right tackle. However, it wouldn't be a surprise to see Havenstein slide in at right tackle and Dehn take over for walk-on Robert Burge at right guard next season."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badg...s-of-molding-2012-team-d3511ih-147688155.html

From your own sources:
"Casey Dehn's return to the program has drawn rave reviews. He has taken over as the No. 1 right tackle. However, it wouldn't be a surprise to see Havenstein slide in at right tackle and Dehn take over for walk-on Robert Burge at right guard next season."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badg...s-of-molding-2012-team-d3511ih-147688155.html

It's been 25 minutes without a response? Did you decide to slither back to Buckyville since you've been exposed?

From your own sources:

Just reporting what I've read on premium sites. It's a loss, but it's not a reason to be worried. If there is one thing we can count on, it's our O-line being one of the best in the country.

It's been 25 minutes without a response? Did you decide to slither back to Buckyville since you've been exposed?

Exposed? By Jeff Portykus, a sports journalist? So when Doogie, or whatever other journalist you guys decide you hate next, reports that the Gophers suck, can I use that as proof that they indeed do suck?

It's one man's opinion, it is not a fact. It is widely understood that Havenstien will be the RT. He's a beast.

Exposed? By Jeff Portykus, a sports journalist? So when Doogie, or whatever other journalist you guys decide you hate next, reports that the Gophers suck, can I use that as proof that they indeed do suck?

It's one man's opinion, it is not a fact.

And yours is an opinion as well.

And yours is an opinion as well.

That's always been the case. I think we can all agree that there is a big difference between being named the starting RT in spring practice because numerous guys are out with injury vs. actually being the starting RT during the season.

Just reporting what I've read on premium sites. It's a loss, but it's not a reason to be worried. If there is one thing we can count on, it's our O-line being one of the best in the country.

You're not trying to report. You're just trying really hard to refute what other people have been saying. Get it right Mr. UW.

remember that last time we had a MN-WI thread? that one guy went bonkers and started name calling. to quote Austin Powers 'It got weird.'

That's always been the case. I think we can all agree that there is a big difference between being named the starting RT in spring practice because numerous guys are out with injury vs. actually being the starting RT during the season.

I think we can agree that your credibility is suspect.

I think we can agree that your credibility is suspect.

You don't need to get it from me, just get it from an updated source. Dehn was a first team RT because of injuries. He likely would have challenged Burge and Ball for the RG spot. RT is/was going to be between Havenstein and Marz come fall camp regardless, with Havenstein having a considerable lead.

Dehn wasn't even on scholarship btw.

You're not trying to report. You're just trying really hard to refute what other people have been saying. Get it right Mr. UW.

I'm trying to put out of date information into perspective. We did not lose our starting right tackle, we lost a good player that was going to get some PT this year and challenge, along with two other people, for the starting RG position.

What I meant is that he hadn't earned his scholarship for the upcoming season yet. If he made it through fall camp, he would have earned it back, if not, then he wouldn't have it. Nothing was guaranteed to him, not a scholarship and not a spot on the team.

Scholarships and roster spots are not guaranteed for anyone, aside from new signees who may have been offered 4-year scholarships. No one at Dehn's age and experience level has a scholarship or roster spot guaranteed for next year on any team anywhere. Every scholarship player his age and older on every team in the country is on a year-to-year scholarship. So, in essence, what you wasted keystrokes and our time to type out was completely meaningless and worthless. Awesome.

Scholarships and roster spots are not guaranteed for anyone, aside from new signees who may have been offered 4-year scholarships. No one at Dehn's age and experience level has a scholarship or roster spot guaranteed for next year on any team anywhere. Every scholarship player his age and older on every team in the country is on a year-to-year scholarship. So, in essence, what you wasted keystrokes and our time to type out was completely meaningless and worthless. Awesome.

Right, but wouldn't you agree that it's very odd for a coach to discontinue a scholarship for a player? I don't think I've ever heard of a player being stripped of their scholarship for non-academic/behavior issues within the Big Ten conference. Yanking a kid's scholarship for no reason is something that happens in the SEC when a coach over signs. But you already knew that...yet you typed out that ridiculous response...

Part of Dehn's being let back on the team is that he was going to have to actually earn that scholarship in the fall. He had "lost" his scholarship for the upcoming season (meaning BB did not plan on giving him one) when he left the team, but had the opportunity to "earn" it back again.

Do you understand?

2 hours ago you stated he wouldn't be starting at any position. Now, after you've been shown up, your comeback is that he would be competing for a starting spot at RG? You're embarrassing yourself to no end...

Monitors

Why do we allow somebody whose only interest in posting here is to discuss the Wisconsin Badger's football? The annual surveys have made it quite clear that people don't want trolls here. He may not be Pantherhawk but the GopherHole should not be a place where a Badger fan can dominate and direct the conversation to a Wisconsin Badger agenda. Badger2010 is on my ignore list but that doesn't help when the conversation is being controlled by him. Thanks for anything that you can do to rectify this including banning him.

Right, but wouldn't you agree that it's very odd for a coach to discontinue a scholarship for a player?

Odd? No. Infrequent? Yes.

I don't think I've ever heard of a player being stripped of their scholarship for non-academic/behavior issues within the Big Ten conference.

You've never heard of it because it's never been publicized as such. It's always packaged as "seeking other opportunities" or similar PR garbage. There's no need in damaging a player's chances to catch on elsewhere by throwing him under the bus after you've effectively kicked him off the team.

Part of Dehn's being let back on the team is that he was going to have to actually earn that scholarship in the fall. He had "lost" his scholarship for the upcoming season (meaning BB did not plan on giving him one) when he left the team, but had the opportunity to "earn" it back again.

Yes, like every other player his age in the country. What you said earlier (and repeated in this piece) is literally meaningless in context.

Do you understand?

Yes, quite well. Now, it's your turn. You are not welcome here. Do you understand?

Yes, quite well. Now, it's your turn. You are not welcome here. Do you understand?

I understand. I just do not care. I will continue to post here. In fact, I think I might start posting more now just to spite you haha.

I understand. I just do not care. I will continue to post here. In fact, I think I might start posting more now just to spite you haha.

Well, if you have too much time to waste, be my guest. Every hour that you wasted is not going to come back. You're losing your precious time by just propagandizing and defending your opinion which is quite worthless in ten or twenty years. While your peers are trying to improve their careers by searching information on global/local business opportunities, researching data that will be useful in future, and connecting with people who can open door for them, you're essentially throwing away your time by doing things that are not even that important. It’s a pity you couldn’t see it. Start posting more gibberish stuffs. I’ll be very disappointed if you’re not following your words.

Top Bottom