Joel Maturi and Sid Hartman

okobojiblu

Reaction score
I had to laugh the other day when Sid Hartman listed in column of the Star Tribune outgoing Athletic Director, Joel Maturi's schedule in Nebraska. Are these two guys for real? Here is Sid, trying to pay back Maturi for all of little tidbits of information throughout the years as Joel is on his way out the door. We have all heard from Joel (sadly) how hard Joel works. Now Sid is explaining how Joel is riding the bus around Nebraska, working so very hard. Really? Is Nebraska AD Tom Osborne riding the bus anywhere? No, he is focused on football. This, my friends is pretty much the tells the story of Joel Maturi. Working hard? Maybe. Working smart? No way. Focused on football? Absolutely not.
To Joel's credit at least this time he was with the hockey and track teams and not riding the bus with the marching band to a bowl game like he has done in the past!!

I had to laugh the other day when Sid Hartman listed in column of the Star Tribune outgoing Athletic Director, Joel Maturi's schedule in Nebraska. Are these two guys for real? Here is Sid, trying to pay back Maturi for all of little tidbits of information throughout the years as Joel is on his way out the door. We have all heard from Joel (sadly) how hard Joel works. Now Sid is explaining how Joel is riding the bus around Nebraska, working so very hard. Really? Is Nebraska AD Tom Osborne riding the bus anywhere? No, he is focused on football. This, my friends is pretty much the tells the story of Joel Maturi. Working hard? Maybe. Working smart? No way. Focused on football? Absolutely not.
To Joel's credit at least this time he was with the hockey and track teams and not riding the bus with the marching band to a bowl game like he has done in the past!!

On Wednesday Osborne went to a high school and talked about drug abuse. How did that help the Husker football program?

I don't remember you posting about Maturi's fundraising trips to Florida and Arizona a couple of weeks ago.

Maximus

On Wednesday Osborne went to a high school and talked about drug abuse. How did that help the Husker football program?

I don't remember you posting about Maturi's fundraising trips to Florida and Arizona a couple of weeks ago.

+1 It is always nice when somebody reminds this board that there is something to say for being balanced in our responses.

Let's ask the next questions. How much money did Joel raise on his trips to Florida and Arizona? Did he take the bus there too and pat himself on the back for doing it?

Hilarious!! Osborne runs fundraising circles around Maturi. The U would love it if Maturi had a quarter of Osborne's fundraising prowess and influence and Tom does that without the overwhelming Fortune 500 corporations within in a bike ride of Joel's office. As the Star Tribune wrote a few weeks ago "The fundraising environment within the U's athletic department is a mess."

Hilarious!! Osborne runs fundraising circles around Maturi.
And Maximus compared Maturi favorably to Osborne where? Try to think things through before you knee jerk out a post.

and where did stan say that maximus compared the two? try to think things through before you knee jerk out a post.

Perhaps is was the part where he wrote this: "Hilarious!! Osborne runs fundraising circles around Maturi."

The only reason to write this (a comparison between the two) is if he's rebutting Maximus for comparing the two.

Now that it has been determined that Maturi is not going to be returning, I don't see the need for a thread taking more shots at him.

The guy is a loser and doesn't deserve a half million dollars going away considering the condition of the Men and Women basketball programs let alone the football program he destroyed.

NEVER forgive macturi. He has been the "macturian candidate" that wisky so joyfully helped plant right here in Minnesota Country. The "macturian canidate" was more successful in destroying Minnesota Revenue Sports Programs than even the mad-dudes/mad-dudettes in mad-town could have ever hoped for. Just remember, macturi was NEVER considered to be capable of heading up the u w madison athletic department. They trained him there...but, they certainly didn't train him about how to run successful revenue sports programs in Minneapolis... What a destructive force to the revenue sports programs at the U of M badger joel macturi has proven to have been...Never forgive him...he has done MUCH harm...

; 0 (

NEVER forgive macturi. He has been the "macturian candidate" that wisky so joyfully helped plant right here in Minnesota Country. The "macturian canidate" was more successful in destroying Minnesota Revenue Sports Programs than even the mad-dudes/mad-dudettes in mad-town could have ever hoped for. Just remember, macturi was NEVER considered to be capable of heading up the u w madison athletic department. They trained him there...but, they certainly didn't train him about how to run successful revenue sports programs in Minneapolis... What a destructive force to the revenue sports programs at the U of M badger joel macturi has proven to have been...Never forgive him...he has done MUCH harm...

; 0 (

Great post. Badger Joel has been a complete failure at the U of M. It makes me sick that we are giving him another half a million dollars on the way out. I wanted him to be publically humilated and fired as a signal of how unnacceptable his tenure as AD was for Gopher revenue sports.

Great post. Badger Joel has been a complete failure at the U of M. It makes me sick that we are giving him another half a million dollars on the way out. I wanted him to be publically humilated and fired as a signal of how unnacceptable his tenure as AD was for Gopher revenue sports.

That doesn't serve the interests of the athletics department.

That doesn't serve the interests of the athletics department.

But this isn't about what's best for the dept. It's about VENGEANCE for how much he hurt the feelings of the fans. Or something.

He wasn't a great AD, he wasn't a horrid AD. He did some good, he did some bad. He was not the AD we needed going forward and he won't be the AD at all in a few months. Everything else is pretty pointless.

But this isn't about what's best for the dept. It's about VENGEANCE for how much he hurt the feelings of the fans. Or something.

He wasn't a great AD, he wasn't a horrid AD. He did some good, he did some bad. He was not the AD we needed going forward and he won't be the AD at all in a few months. Everything else is pretty pointless.

Finally a post without an agenda. But for those of you who are worried about what we can discuss next, wren will find something. He has already hinted that the new president is on thin ice and that the new AD could soon join him. So unless wren goes back to detox, this discusion will be like a soap opera - never ending.

I like how Wren has created a 2 new accounts so that he could complement himself.

I'm just guessing here, but based on the way the university has handled the Maturi situation, I think he's probably got a clause in his contract that prevents the school from getting rid of him altogether unless he decides to retire. Either that or they consider him under the umbrella of tenure and can't get rid of him as a result. I'm just guessing there, but to pay him a ridiculous amount of money and then give him some hooky title like "special assistant to the president" with the vague statements about what the heck he's actually going to be doing makes me believe that they're stuck with him because of some sort of legal clause.

Either way, we do need to let Maturi disappear gracefully. Not because he necessarily deserves it, but because it will do wonders for everybody's mental health around here.

Top Bottom