Pulling for the hometown Twin Cities boy Cole Aldrich and KU. Go Jayhawks! Beat NDSU!

Honestly, I'm about as neutral as ever here. I'll be there in person for the games this weekend and more than anything, I'm looking forward to seeing some good basketball.

Other than that, I kind of look at it as a chance to see some teams in person that I haven't been able to during the season.

Nope, hate the j hawks and don't care about cole. I will be rooting for the Bison!

Go Ben Woodside (Albert Lea), Freddy Coleman (SP Johnson), Brett Winkleman (Morris), among others:)

Go Bison

After the bowl game, I cant say im a fan of the jayhawks anymore.. had way too many encounters with classless fans.

I'm routing for NDSU without a doubt.

After the bowl game, I cant say im a fan of the jayhawks anymore.. had way too many encounters with classless fans.

Interesting. I thought the Kansas fans, other than some of the students (no different than anywhere else) were gracious. They were at least on par with Alabama fans in their desire to talk about the game and both teams involved, and we weren't to listen to god awful Lynyrd Skynard the whole time. I'll root for the Jayhawks, especially after their comeback in last year's title game cashed in my bracket.

Players from Minnesota on the Bison roster:

0 Flowers, Dejuan Jr. Shakopee, Minn. (Hopkins HS)
4 Coleman, Freddy So. St. Paul, Minn. (St. Paul Johnson HS)
10 Woodside, Ben Sr. Albert Lea, Minn. (Albert Lea HS)
12 Lundberg, Drew So. Owatonna, Minn. (Owatonna HS)
22 Winkelman, Brett Sr. Morris, Minn. (Morris Area HS)
25 Carlson, Eric Fr. Shakopee, Minn. (Shakopee HS)
32 Vaughan, Josh Jr. Braham, Minn. (Braham HS)

Go Ben Woodside (Albert Lea), Freddy Coleman (SP Johnson), Brett Winkleman (Morris), among others:)

Go Bison

Sorry but as a former Kansan...

Jayhawk fans are the WORST! When you live in Kansas and even Kansas City, there isn't a lot to do or cheer for so I understand folks in that area being very proud of their Jayhawks but they take it too far. GO BISON!

Players from Minnesota on the Bison roster:

0 Flowers, Dejuan Jr. Shakopee, Minn. (Hopkins HS)
4 Coleman, Freddy So. St. Paul, Minn. (St. Paul Johnson HS)
10 Woodside, Ben Sr. Albert Lea, Minn. (Albert Lea HS)
12 Lundberg, Drew So. Owatonna, Minn. (Owatonna HS)
22 Winkelman, Brett Sr. Morris, Minn. (Morris Area HS)
25 Carlson, Eric Fr. Shakopee, Minn. (Shakopee HS)
32 Vaughan, Josh Jr. Braham, Minn. (Braham HS)

I don't know about any of the others, but Drew can't play this year because he transferred from Northern Iowa after last year.

But I must say, I don't care much for Kansas, or NDSU for that matter, but for this game I'd love to see NDSU pull off the upset.

I hate to say it after all those NoDakers came down for those last football games. But in this case, if we dont have to play them, I am all for it, and hope they fill up the dome with green and gold. Who ever cared about Cole Aldrich.

Did anyone else hear the interview with the NDSU coach on ESPN radio (thru Kfan) ? It was pretty interesting, and he pointed out that the only people who jumped out of their seats higher for the "NDSU in MPLS announcement" than their own fans, was the ticket scalping community in the twin cities, cuz theres gonna be busloads of people who are going to do anything to get into that game.

Should be a fun game to watch, especially with Gus Johnson on the call.

Besides all that, I am jealous of the proximity...why us? sent to Carolina again, Damn it... Dayton or KC wouldve been nice. If we were short driving distance, we could create a nice Gopher takeover of Chicago, Milwaukee, etc. Next year, maybe those cities will be host sites, and we will get a top 4 seed preference......just hoping

I hate to say it after all those NoDakers came down for those last football games. But in this case, if we dont have to play them, I am all for it, and hope they fill up the dome with green and gold. Who ever cared about Cole Aldrich.

Did anyone else hear the interview with the NDSU coach on ESPN radio (thru Kfan) ? It was pretty interesting, and he pointed out that the only people who jumped out of their seats higher for the "NDSU in MPLS announcement" than their own fans, was the ticket scalping community in the twin cities, cuz theres gonna be busloads of people who are going to do anything to get into that game.

Should be a fun game to watch, especially with Gus Johnson on the call.

Besides all that, I am jealous of the proximity...why us? sent to Carolina again, Damn it... Dayton or KC wouldve been nice. If we were short driving distance, we could create a nice Gopher takeover of Chicago, Milwaukee, etc. Next year, maybe those cities will be host sites, and we will get a top 4 seed preference......just hoping

i do and i am sure a lot of others in minneapolis do as well. cole aldrich is a local boy from minneapolis/bloomington and is still a gopher fan at heart, so i can't see any reason why not to pull for him and kansas this week. that and cole aldrich is more local as far as minneapolis is concerned (where the tourney is being held) than ben woodside or the henry winklerman kid.

i do and i am sure a lot of others in minneapolis do as well. cole aldrich is a local boy from minneapolis/bloomington and is still a gopher fan at heart, so i can't see any reason why not to pull for him and kansas this week. that and cole aldrich is more local as far as minneapolis is concerned (where the tourney is being held) than ben woodside or the henry winklerman kid.

Aldrich is still a Gopher fan? Honestly, Aldrich seems like a decent kid, but he went to Kansas so he lost some of his MN cred right there.

What it really breaks down to for me: KU and the KU fans have been there, done that in the tourney, they have been spoiled with great teams and in the long run, a win wont mean much to them. On the other hand, they would talk about an NDSU win over Kansas for the next 100 years in North Dakota. Give them their one day in the sun, please, GO BISON.

Aldrich is still a Gopher fan? Honestly, Aldrich seems like a decent kid, but he went to Kansas so he lost some of his MN cred right there.

What it really breaks down to for me: KU and the KU fans have been there, done that in the tourney, they have been spoiled with great teams and in the long run, a win wont mean much to them. On the other hand, they would talk about an NDSU win over Kansas for the next 100 years in North Dakota. Give them their one day in the sun, please, GO BISON.

yes, even though he ended up at KU others have quoted him as saying that in regards to the U of M. also, i believe he asked bill self to try and schedule the gophers as a non-conference opponent before he graduates (assuming he does not jump to the nba first).

yes, even though he ended up at KU others have quoted him as saying that in regards to the U of M. also, i believe he asked bill self to try and schedule the gophers as a non-conference opponent before he graduates (assuming he does not jump to the nba first).

I couldn't care less about Aldrich. I'm pulling for the Bison big time. I don't see them winning it, unless they go absolutely manic from the three. But I love the underdogs, and I'll definitely be pulling for NDSU.

I have no love for any kid that leaves the state while holding a scholarship offer for Minnesota. However, if they're going to leave, I would rather they go to Kansas, Duke, NC, etc than staying in the Big Ten--especially Wisconsin. Now, if Cole Aldrich can get the Jayhawks to play a game at Williams Arena in either of the next two seasons I will like him a lot more. That would be an exciting non-conference game that I would love to see and it would rank right there for legitimacy with football playing USC.

NDSU makes the NCAA in their first year of eligibility. Very Impressive. They play lots of Minnesota kids. North Dakotans are really "one of us" aren't they? Screw Kansas. Go Bison!

Kansas sucks!!!!

and is more remote than Fargo.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NDSU IS ON A WINNING STREAK AT THE METRODOME!!

GET BEHIND US GOPHER FANS!!! *at least for 1 night???*

thanks!!

see you at WCHA thursday night!

MOST OF US NDSU FANS ARE MINNESOTANS!!!

I will be cheering for NDSU no doubt and the BISON fans better pack the MetroDump.

NDSU IS ON A WINNING STREAK AT THE METRODOME!!

GET BEHIND US GOPHER FANS!!! *at least for 1 night???*

thanks!!

see you at WCHA thursday night!

MOST OF US NDSU FANS ARE MINNESOTANS!!!

oh now the little man lakes wants to try and play nice with the big bad gopher fans. please! get out of here tool! head back on over to thefightingbisonville.com now....

p.s. go cole aldrich! go jayhawks!

rock chalk jayhawk! :clap:

To each his own I guess. I am really excited to see how good this NDSU team is. Not being a big hockey fan, I say Gooooo BISONS.

This year at the barn the Gophers jumped off to a big lead when we played NDSU. After that the Bisons played us dead even the rest of the way. I doubt if we could have beaten them if the game had been played in their gym.

I will certainly be cheering for North Dakota St. against Kansas. Go Bison. However, I expect that they will lose by 20 points..

Top Bottom