MSU/UW

The odd thing with this, is that if we were at all good and contending for a division title ourselves, we would be rooting for Bucky tonight. Seriously, someday, if our program is where we want it to be, we'll be hoping Wisconsin wins games like tonight, believe it or not. You can bet Michigan, Iowa, and Nebraska fans were pissed about this one.

But, since we're out of contention, it was nice to see Bielema lose.

"Within 30 minutes of what I assume was a crushing loss for your team...you posted on the GopherHole?"

I don't know about "crushing". I'm not. We're still very much in contention for a conference title.

Nope. Came here to catch up on your ballgame. Didn't know the results although it quickly became apparent how your Nebraska game went.

I confess to surprise at the intense interest displayed by your fans in the outcome of our game. There's nothing about your game reciprocating such on the Badger fanboards. The consequent glee expressed here is less surprising, I suppose. That would explain my comment about our game providing your fans with some real entertainment.

So absent with football otherwise. See you in a few weeks...:)

It's nearly 1 a.m. and you're still here?

I don't want to hear any bs about gopher fans being mad that Bucky lost. We need to build a winning culture around here and that starts with us not rooting for our rivals.

I don't want to hear any bs about gopher fans being mad that Bucky lost. We need to build a winning culture around here and that starts with us not rutting for our rivals.

But...but it would help recruiting SO much if our biggest rival won a national title!

You'd think the broadcast company would have a couple cameras right on the goal line for situations like this. The replay I saw looked like a guy was holding the camera while people were bumping into him. Hard to tell for sure if MSU scored. Probably did.

"Within 30 minutes of what I assume was a crushing loss for your team...you posted on the GopherHole?"

I don't know about "crushing". I'm not. We're still very much in contention for a conference title.

Nope. Came here to catch up on your ballgame. Didn't know the results although it quickly became apparent how your Nebraska game went.

I confess to surprise at the intense interest displayed by your fans in the outcome of our game. There's nothing about your game reciprocating such on the Badger fanboards. The consequent glee expressed here is less surprising, I suppose. That would explain my comment about our game providing your fans with some real entertainment.

So absent with football otherwise. See you in a few weeks...:)

Front page:
http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/46...party----laughter---expense---Go#.TqQeGLd5mc0

Selection Sunday Reply

"It's nearly 1 a.m. and you're still here?"

It was 10:41PM when posted on the left coast where I live. Seems reasonable. Actually the question might seem what you were still doing here at that time of the night?

Anyway your board is open to all 24/7 so when I choose to post is irrelevant. See you in a few weeks. That'll be a lot of fun.

It was 10:41PM when posted on the left coast where I live. Seems reasonable. Actually the question might seem what you were still doing here at that time of the night?

Anyway your board is open to all 24/7 so when I choose to post is irrelevant. See you in a few weeks. That'll be a lot of fun.

As is what you post.

Left coast? They still haven't taught Wisky grads the difference between east and west?

But...but it would help recruiting SO much if our biggest rival won a national title!

I don't think anyone needs to worry about Wisky hoisting up the Dr. Pepper glass football this year.

College football fans got to see what better defenses and special teams can do to Russell (the former "Heisman Hopeful") Wilson & Company.

I don't think anyone needs to worry about Wisky hoisting up the Dr. Pepper glass football this year.

College football fans got to see what better defenses and special teams can do to Russell (the former "Heisman Hopeful") Wilson & Company.

You mean the best QB money can buy? Is there any doubt that this is the only semester he is in school at sconnie?

What did a better defense do to the Badgers, other than "limit" them to over 400 yards of offense and 31 points. And that's against a top 5 defense in the country. And that was the production with some uncharacteristic mistakes by the offense, some of which were of course caused by the very good defense they were up against.

As far as the absurd post about the best QB money can buy, whatever. If you've paid any attention to college football this year, which as a Gopher fan I could understand why that would be painful, you would know that the only things that have been written about Russell Wilson have been glowingly positive about his character, both on and off the field. His coach at NC State didn't want him back, he looked for a good situation and found it. That's all.

As far as the absurd post about the best QB money can buy, whatever. If you've paid any attention to college football this year, which as a Gopher fan I could understand why that would be painful, you would know that the only things that have been written about Russell Wilson have been glowingly positive about his character, both on and off the field. His coach at NC State didn't want him back, he looked for a good situation and found it. That's all.

Hey, Radio...remind me what the deal was with Wilson and his NC State coach was. I'd be interested to hear a Badger fan's take on it. Thanks.

Hey, Radio...remind me what the deal was with Wilson and his NC State coach was. I'd be interested to hear a Badger fan's take on it. Thanks.

His coach wanted him to quit baseball for the remaineder of his college football days so that he could participate in summer training with his teammates. Russell Wilson wasn't willing to give up playing baseball (and the money he earned doing so), so O'Brien decided to name Mike Glennon, his first recruit after taking the HC job at NC State (#3 overall QB by Rivals, a real good player), the starter and told Wilson he wouldn't be able compete for the starting spot unless he committed fully to football.

He was then granted release from scholarship, and in between minor league baseball games, he visited Auburn and Wisconsin, and eventually chose Wisconsin.

That is the story. Every NC State fan who has come to the Wisconsin board has had nothing but great things to say about Russell Wilson. Do some research. The kid is about as perfect as you can be off the field. He doesn't drink, he is engaged, a great teammate, articulte, very smart, and he has never been accused of having an attitude problem, even by his old coach, who denied him the ability to compete for a starting spot, despite being named all ACC.

His coach wanted him to quit baseball for the remaineder of his college football days so that he could participate in summer training with his teammates. Russell Wilson wasn't willing to give up playing baseball (and the money he earned doing so), so O'Brien decided to name Mike Glennon, his first recruit after taking the HC job at NC State (#3 overall QB by Rivals, a real good player), the starter and told Wilson he wouldn't be able compete for the starting spot back unless he committed fully to football.

He was then granted release from scholarship, and in between minor league baseball games, he visited Auburn and Wisconsin, and eventually chose Wisconsin.

That is the story. Every NC State fan who has come to the Wisconsin board has had nothing but great things to say about Russell Wilson. Do some research. The kid is about as perfect as you can be off the field. He doesn't drink, he is engaged, a great teammate, articulte, very smart, and he has never been accused of having an attitude problem, even by his old coach, who denied him the ability to compete for a starting spot, even after being named all ACC.

Cool-thanks. The kid is really good-that much is obvious.

I still hate the Badgers though.

There's absolutlely nothing wrong with Wisconsin taking Wilson the way they did. Totally within the rules, though it certainly could be argued it's a silly rule. Only an idiot wouldn't have taken Wilson for this one season, especially when considering the Badgers pretty much looked ready-made for a special season, except for at the QB position. By all accounts he's a first-class kid, and he's certainly a top-shelf QB. The Badger offense is a lot different looking (read: nowhere near as dangerous) if he's not around. I'm no fan of Bielema, but he was certainly wise to welcome Wilson with open arms.

No problem, and that's fine, I hate the Gophers too. Although I think I might actually hate Michigan State more; we just can't beat them in East Lansing! The worst part about it though, is that (and I'm biased, but I think most would agree) I'm pretty sure we are a better team than MSU; I mean like 2 TD's better than them, on a nuetral field. It took a blocked FG, a blocked punt for a TD, and a walk-off hail Mary to beat us during a night game on homecoming. Still stings, but we deserved to lose that game. We left a ton of points on the field too, Wilson missed two wide open TD throws. Gahhhh.

Russell is indeed better than I expected. He's solid. He was definitely a savior for the Badgers. I would imagine it's scary for Badger fans to think of what their record this year would be if he didn't come along (then again, with Badger fan mentality, they probably think they wouldn't have missed a beat without him).

But the Heismann talk was absolutely ridiculous. Seriously? He wasn't even the best QB on the field Saturday.

I don't think OSU has enough offense to beat Wisconsin but I have a feeling the Buckeye defense will take out some of their frustration from last year's game on Wilson. Should be another good game.

Russell is indeed better than I expected. He's solid. He was definitely a savior for the Badgers. I would imagine it's scary for Badger fans to think of what their record this year would be if he didn't come along (then again, with Badger fan mentality, they probably think they wouldn't have missed a beat without him).

But the Heismann talk was absolutely ridiculous. Seriously? He wasn't even the best QB on the field Saturday.

I don't think OSU has enough offense to beat Wisconsin but I have a feeling the Buckeye defense will take out some of their frustration from last year's game on Wilson. Should be another good game.

I think we are a 8-4 to 10-2 football team w/o Wilson. I think we could have probably won our 4 non-conference games, vs Indiana, @ Minnesota, and vs Purdue without attempting a forward pass. The defenses for all those teams are just awful, and our rushing attack is still tops in the Big Ten. There's 7 wins right there. I think we could've gone anyhwere from 1-4 to 3-2 against the other 5 teams.

The kid is really good-that much is obvious.

Eh, he's not that good. He's a decent, solid BCS QB who is benefitting from an offensive line with 4 or 5 future NFL players, and two very good-to-great RBs who will also probably both be playing on Sundays. He is Scott Tolzien with a little more agility and a slightly stronger arm. He has as much chance of playing in the NFL as I do. He sucks at baseball, too, so this will likely be his swan song in high-level athletics and he will be sitting behind a desk with the rest of us rubes in six months.

I have been trying to figure out all season how the hell he is able to see over those massive lineman at only 5'11"

No problem, and that's fine, I hate the Gophers too. Although I think I might actually hate Michigan State more; we just can't beat them in East Lansing! The worst part about it though, is that (and I'm biased, but I think most would agree) I'm pretty sure we are a better team than MSU; I mean like 2 TD's better than them, on a nuetral field. It took a blocked FG, a blocked punt for a TD, and a walk-off hail Mary to beat us during a night game on homecoming. Still stings, but we deserved to lose that game. We left a ton of points on the field too, Wilson missed two wide open TD throws. Gahhhh.

Shocking that you would have this mentality. "On a neutral field...." That's why they have road games and home games. Do you really think Bucky was better than Ohio State last year? No, but they managed to get that game at Camp Randall.

And actually, NO, I don't think Wisky is a better team than MSU this year. Wisky's defense is just plain pedestrian. The offense is elite, no doubt about it, but Wilson made way too many mistakes, especially for an alleged "Heismann candidate".

It's funny you mention special teams; outside of the fact that YES, believe it or not that IS part of the game, Wisky should be strong in that area with senior, multi-year starters at both Punter and PK, and yet they both choked Saturday night. Both blocks, they were just plain slow to the ball.

Particularly after OSU, Bucky will probably roll the rest of the season, primarily because they just won't play a strong offense the rest of the season. Purdue, MN, and PSU especially are NOT great offensive teams. If they win out, they'll make it to a high bowl game, and get rolled by somebody like OSU or Oklahoma. Gotta get past OSU this week first though....

Looking at the records, right now it's just plain Wisky, 0-1 on the road for the season.

I'll give you the hail mary, tough way to lose a game, but since when are blocked FG's & blocked punts flukes? It's not a fluke Sparty has beaten the Badgers two straight seasons. I didn't see much difference between the two teams last year, and I don't see much difference between the two teams this year.

Also, yes, Wilson missed a couple wide-open guys, but you fail to mention that Cousins did the same. Specifically, I'm thinking about a missed screen pass to Caper (to Cousins' left by the Badger sideline) who had a convoy in front of him with no Badgers in sight. Sparty left some points on the field, too.

Bottom line is it was a great game that was more like a basketball game. It was a game of runs. Badgers deliver a haymaker early, Sparty takes the body blow & gets off the deck, Sparty then goes on a run, Badgers answer the run with a couple clutch drives, Sparty has the ball at the end (which often determines a game like this).

Speaking as a B1G football fan I'd like to see a rematch in Indy, but since I follow MSU football I'd prefer Sparty not have to play the Badgers again. It would be a tough chore to beat this Badger team twice. Wilson is a serious talent; I don't care what his Heisman/NFL prospects are, the guy's a football player and a dangerous multi-threat QB. I wouldn't want to have to deal with him twice in one season.

I'd rather Sparty have to take their chances with Penn State (can't see the Nitts' offense doing squat vs. the MSU defense), but there's still a long way to go in both divisions. The Badgers and Sparty are far from shoo-ins to make it to Indy.

Eh, he's not that good. He's a decent, solid BCS QB who is benefitting from an offensive line with 4 or 5 future NFL players, and two very good-to-great RBs who will also probably both be playing on Sundays. He is Scott Tolzien with a little more agility and a slightly stronger arm. He has as much chance of playing in the NFL as I do. He sucks at baseball, too, so this will likely be his swan song in high-level athletics and he will be sitting behind a desk with the rest of us rubes in six months.

Pretty sure he will be a coach before he ever joins the "real world."

Also, if you think he only has a "slightly stronger arm" than Tolzien, you are out of your mind. Tolzien has trouble throwing a 15 yard out route to the far side of the field. Russell Wilson can throw the ball 50 yards in the air on a rope.

I think it's your hate for Wisconsin that is clouding your judgement of the kid's ability as a college QB. He is pretty much universally considered a top 10 collegiate QB.

Even last week, against the #2 defense in the country, he still completed 14-21 passes for 223 yards, 2 TD's and 2 picks, while also adding 30 yards and TD on the ground. And that was a "bad" game for him.

He's also still ranks second in the country in passer rating.

That's a far cry from "solid" in my opinion, regardless of the other talent we have on our team. Shoot, look at Landry Jones, a future 1-2 round draft pick. The kid has two of the top 5 WR's in the country, and an amazing O-line, but his average production is no better than Wilson's.

Shocking that you would have this mentality. "On a neutral field...." That's why they have road games and home games. Do you really think Bucky was better than Ohio State last year? No, but they managed to get that game at Camp Randall.

And actually, NO, I don't think Wisky is a better team than MSU this year. Wisky's defense is just plain pedestrian. The offense is elite, no doubt about it, but Wilson made way too many mistakes, especially for an alleged "Heismann candidate".

It's funny you mention special teams; outside of the fact that YES, believe it or not that IS part of the game, Wisky should be strong in that area with senior, multi-year starters at both Punter and PK, and yet they both choked Saturday night. Both blocks, they were just plain slow to the ball.

Particularly after OSU, Bucky will probably roll the rest of the season, primarily because they just won't play a strong offense the rest of the season. Purdue, MN, and PSU especially are NOT great offensive teams. If they win out, they'll make it to a high bowl game, and get rolled by somebody like OSU or Oklahoma. Gotta get past OSU this week first though....

Looking at the records, right now it's just plain Wisky, 0-1 on the road for the season.

I know special teams are part of the game, where did I say they weren't? And my opinion that we are a better team than MSU is just that, and opinion, but it is shared by many.

I know it's hard to look at my post rationally, because I'm a Badger fan and you hate me for that, but nothing I said is outrageous.

And I really don't understand what your point is with the home and away game reference. I said I think on a nuetral field that we are better than MSU, I stand by that statement. Go to Wisconsin's 247 board, it's free to observe threads. MSU fans are coming there saying we will beat them in the CCG, a nuetral field.

And I think OSU was probably a better team than us last year, although it was closer than us and MSU this year IMO.

If you think we will get rolled by an Oklahoma team that just lost at home to Texas Tech, then I can't help you. You are blind and irrational when it comes to Wisconsin sports. Seriously.

I'll give you the hail mary, tough way to lose a game, but since when are blocked FG's & blocked punts flukes? It's not a fluke Sparty has beaten the Badgers two straight seasons. I didn't see much difference between the two teams last year, and I don't see much difference between the two teams this year.

Also, yes, Wilson missed a couple wide-open guys, but you fail to mention that Cousins did the same. Specifically, I'm thinking about a missed screen pass to Caper (to Cousins' left by the Badger sideline) who had a convoy in front of him with no Badgers in sight. Sparty left some points on the field, too.

Bottom line is it was a great game that was more like a basketball game. It was a game of runs. Badgers deliver a haymaker early, Sparty takes the body blow & gets off the deck, Sparty then goes on a run, Badgers answer the run with a couple clutch drives, Sparty has the ball at the end (which often determines a game like this).

Speaking as a B1G football fan I'd like to see a rematch in Indy, but since I follow MSU football I'd prefer Sparty not have to play the Badgers again. It would be a tough chore to beat this Badger team twice. Wilson is a serious talent; I don't care what his Heisman/NFL prospects are, the guy's a football player and a dangerous multi-threat QB. I wouldn't want to have to deal with him twice in one season.

I'd rather Sparty have to take their chances with Penn State (can't see the Nitts' offense doing squat vs. the MSU defense), but there's still a long way to go in both divisions. The Badgers and Sparty are far from shoo-ins to make it to Indy.

I never said they were flukes. I'm just saying it took some very abnormal plays for MSU to win that game. Credit to MSU for CREATING those plays. I guess my point is that I think we have a better team than Michigan State.

. ... I guess my point is that I think we have a better team than Michigan State.

I'm shocked a Badger fan would say that (tongue in cheek).

A tip. Learn how to accept a compliment when somebody's throwing one your (team or players) way. You sound like the old "My dad can beat up your dad" argument. Pointless.

Top Bottom