Gray sets Gophers QB single game rushing record

That is great but I don't know how I feel about a qb rushing for that much.

Last I checked, yards and points don't count more or less based on who gets them.

I feel a lot better than if he had rushed for FEWER yards... I can tell you that.

.....did he get a sack though?

NDSU is going to have a hard time trying to catch him!!

here to admit that i was wrong about Gray. I didnt think he'd have game like that this season. first game in 32 that the gophs never trailed.

When we had trouble making a yard or two near the end zone and we had to kick the three field goals, I wondered if it wouldn't be effective to have Gray roll out with a run - pass option. That seems like a low risk play if we can't move it up the middle. Not a criticism, just thinking out loud.

Gray was solid. Exciting win. The pass defense still is a concern. Let's enjoy this one. Things are trending positive. Go Gophers!

He will get killed in the conference season. He needs to learn to pass effectively before we start the heavy hitters in the Big Ten.

He will get killed in the conference season. He needs to learn to pass effectively before we start the heavy hitters in the Big Ten.

I don't think you have a concept of what the role of a college QB is. Watch an extra game or two on Saturday sometime. Really.

There can be as many types of QB in college as there are college coaches. Get yards. Get points. Get wins.

Sandy Stephens, Ricky Foggie, and Billy Cockerham have been among the best (and winningest) QBs we've ever had. What style of QB were they?

I've been thinking the same thing! Anyone know if NDSU has a fast defense? Not to stereotype, but a lot of times FCS teams are good fundamentally (tackling, etc.) but not the fastest and best athletes.

NDSU scares me. They are a decent team who will probably bring their A+ game. They have nothing to lose.

When you pass the ball there is MORE that can go wrong than can go right...

1. completion.
2. Incompletion.
3. Interception.
4. Offensive pass inetrference.
5. Defensive pass interference.
6. Passer is sacked for a loss.
7. Protection breaks down and passer scrambles for a gain.

In a good passing day, a qb might complete 60% of his passes. In a more average passing day, a qb might complete 50% of his passes. Part of the ineffectivness in a passing game is due to the delivery of the pass. Part of the ineffectivness in a passing game is due to a poorly run, or incorrectly run route run by the intended receiver. Dropped passes are ALWAYS a problem. Poor pass blocking by the offensive line or failure to pick up blitzes by running backs can cause many problems for the passing game.

Factors such as wind, temperature, rain, snow can all impact the effectivness of a passing game.

Basically, I totally dislike the odds of being effective with an offense that is too reliant on passing the ball.

Build the offensive line and build a rushing attack. Find ways to punish the defense with a rushing attack as often as possible. Pound the ball whenever possible. Use the pass to compliment the run. Let the qb beat the defense by finding the seams with his running ability as well as with his arm.

Sure, the pass needs to be used. But NOT as the primary offensive weapon or route of attack.

Learn to RUN the football with the running backs and the quarterback. Especially when you have a quarterback like Mr. Gray who has the ability to beat teams with both his arm and his legs. Watching him run the ball is, indeed a thing of beauty to behold. He will break the hearts of defenses...break the gameplans of defensive coordinators and he has the toughness to get the extra half yard for the first down. In only his third game in this offense, he demonstrated the ability to utilize all the skills that he has. Part of his game can NOT be game-planned against by opposing defensive coordinators because the potential for him to create offense happens based upon what the defense gives him. Utilize the strengths that this Gopher Squad has to put them in a position to win! Pass if you will...but RUN the football because you CAN! Impose your will on the defense! Turn Mr Gray loose on the Big Ten Conference following this last ooc game against NDSU. Our offensive coaches are fine tuning our offense to showcase and enhance the abilities of the offensive players we do have. This is a work in process and is building toward the beginning of the Big Ten Football Season.

And, make no mistake: this game against NDSU is the MOST important game of the four ooc game schedule. Go Gophers!

; 0 )

1. completion.
2. Incompletion.
3. Interception.
4. Offensive pass inetrference.
5. Defensive pass interference.
6. Passer is sacked for a loss.
7. Protection breaks down and passer scrambles for a gain.

In a good passing day, a qb might complete 60% of his passes. In a more average passing day, a qb might complete 50% of his passes. Part of the ineffectivness in a passing game is due to the delivery of the pass. Part of the ineffectivness in a passing game is due to a poorly run, or incorrectly run route run by the intended receiver. Dropped passes are ALWAYS a problem. Poor pass blocking by the offensive line or failure to pick up blitzes by running backs can cause many problems for the passing game.

Factors such as wind, temperature, rain, snow can all impact the effectivness of a passing game.

Basically, I totally dislike the odds of being effective with an offense that is too reliant on passing the ball.

Build the offensive line and build a rushing attack. Find ways to punish the defense with a rushing attack as often as possible. Pound the ball whenever possible. Use the pass to compliment the run. Let the qb beat the defense by finding the seams with his running ability as well as with his arm.

Sure, the pass needs to be used. But NOT as the primary offensive weapon or route of attack.

Learn to RUN the football with the running backs and the quarterback. Especially when you have a quarterback like Mr. Gray who has the ability to beat teams with both his arm and his legs. Watching him run the ball is, indeed a thing of beauty to behold. He will break the hearts of defenses...break the gameplans of defensive coordinators and he has the toughness to get the extra half yard for the first down. In only his third game in this offense, he demonstrated the ability to utilize all the skills that he has. Part of his game can NOT be game-planned against by opposing defensive coordinators because the potential for him to create offense happens based upon what the defense gives him. Utilize the strengths that this Gopher Squad has to put them in a position to win! Pass if you will...but RUN the football because you CAN! Impose your will on the defense! Turn Mr Gray loose on the Big Ten Conference following this last ooc game against NDSU. Our offensive coaches are fine tuning our offense to showcase and enhance the abilities of the offensive players we do have. This is a work in process and is building toward the beginning of the Big Ten Football Season.

And, make no mistake: this game against NDSU is the MOST important game of the four ooc game schedule. Go Gophers!

; 0 )

What?

Our defense will be faster than most Gopher fans expect. We are probably better defensively than Miami (OH) and NMSU. Its gonna come down to our offense.

Here is a link to a couple of Bison media writers if anyone is interesed. www.bisonmedia.areavoices.com

NDSU is going to have a hard time trying to catch him!!

If we play like we did the last two weeks NDSU will beat us by 2+ touchdowns. Many people think they're not good because they're FCS but they are a VERY good team. Combine their skill with their want for a win against Minnesota (This is by far the biggest game of the year for the team and their fans) it spells a lot of trouble for us

Top Bottom