Pretty sad

macgopher

Reaction score
I never thought last November that I would be seeing this type of year with the talent this team has. I like Tubby but Bo Ryan would have this Minnesota team at 23 wins.

This team in Bo Ryan's system? Have you watched a single Badger game this year?

That is absolutely ridiculous, you can't honestly tell me that after losing both of our point guards that Bo Ryan would have this team at 23 wins..... I am so sick of hearing people talk about how talented this team is, WE AREN'T THAT GOOD, I mean seriously, I want the Gophers to play well, I really do, but this Rodney and Trevor first round draft pick nonsense along with how talented this team is has gotten really old. If we were talented we wouldn't have lost 8 out of 9 games. BOX

That is absolutely ridiculous, you can't honestly tell me that after losing both of our point guards that Bo Ryan would have this team at 23 wins..... I am so sick of hearing people talk about how talented this team is, WE AREN'T THAT GOOD, I mean seriously, I want the Gophers to play well, I really do, but this Rodney and Trevor first round draft pick nonsense along with how talented this team is has gotten really old. If we were talented we wouldn't have lost 8 out of 9 games. BOX

+1

I never thought last November that I would be seeing this type of year with the talent this team has. I like Tubby but Bo Ryan would have this Minnesota team at 23 wins.

I vote this ridiculous statement of the night. Congrats!

You can honestly say Northwestern and Indiana are more talented than Minnesota? BOX

Outside of Hoff and Trevor, where is the talent? Get he glasses off boys and girls, this team has no talent. This is Monson like. No players/no wins. The 'Iron Five' would destroy this team.

Sorry gang, this is pathetic.

Freshmen=air ball, air ball, air ball. Zero talent

You can honestly say Northwestern and Indiana are more talented than Minnesota? BOX

I am not saying they are more talented than us, it just gets old that people expected the gophers to be as good as they were early on after losing Devoe "The Show" and Nolen. It just wasn't going to happen, and it gets old that people assume its tubby's fault and all this blah blah blah, seasons over, start the bus, lets just regroup for next year

I see the talent. I am one who has watched perhaps every game in the last ten years. This team looks very talented, feels very talented. I never felt that since Bobby Jackson was having fun here. What is missing I don't even know anymore. Lacking a point guard doesn't explain this.

If Jordan Taylor would have broke his foot several weeks ago, the Badgers would be in the same position. Do they even have anyone else that can dribble and bring the ball up to court?

I agree w/ you SCSU. Regardless of how great your coach is, losing 2 out of your top 6 players is going to be a killer. Look, we shouldn't be 6-11 in conference, but the season prospects were significantly hurt the moment Al and Devoe were gone.

I am not saying they are more talented than us, it just gets old that people expected the gophers to be as good as they were early on after losing Devoe "The Show" and Nolen. It just wasn't going to happen, and it gets old that people assume its tubby's fault and all this blah blah blah, seasons over, start the bus, lets just regroup for next year[/QUOT

Agree 100%

I am not saying they are more talented than us, it just gets old that people expected the gophers to be as good as they were early on after losing Devoe "The Show" and Nolen. It just wasn't going to happen, and it gets old that people assume its tubby's fault and all this blah blah blah, seasons over, start the bus, lets just regroup for next year

Agree 100%

Congrats on your 10 year fanhood! I myself watch almost every game. Here is a question, can you name 1 current gopher player aside from Blake that can shoot confidently from beyond 15 ft? We don't have one, seriously we don't have anyone who can shoot a jumpshot. Honestly Macgophers, after all those years of watching gopher basketball you have probably developed a better jumpshot than half this team

Tubby Smith has not retained his talented recruits and has misjudged talent on several others. Bottom line. Kudos for Mbakwe, but there are far too many disappointments than not.

If Jordan Taylor would have broke his foot several weeks ago, the Badgers would be in the same position. Do they even have anyone else that can dribble and bring the ball up to court?

Of course comparing Al Nolen to Jordan Taylor is a bit of a stretch, but certainly UW would be in a lot of trouble without Taylor. Answering your question, though, Josh Gasser has shot a better percentage from teh field and the line, has rebounded better, and has a better assist to turnover ratio than Nolen had this year.

Tubby can be blamed for the talent that is currently on the roster which is not much. That falls directly on Tubby and the coaching staff and no one else.

St. Cloud State won tonight, advances in NSIC

Who will Tubby blame this loss on?

The players - all of them. He just did in the post game. Said he called a play where Ahanmisi dropped the ball- "guess I shouldn't have called that play". Of course the idea got across - of course it was a good play......... He went on to talk about players not being tough, not taking it ot the hole, not getting fouled and not making shots.

The players - all of them. He just did in the post game. Said he called a play where Ahanmisi dropped the ball- "guess I shouldn't have called that play". Of course the idea got across - of course it was a good play......... He went on to talk about players not being tough, not taking it ot the hole, not getting fouled and not making shots.

I wish I would have heard the post-game. That's pretty bad. The players will lose respect for him if he continues this. Clearly Tubby is getting very defensive and doesn't like this criticism. I'm not sure what he is hoping to achieve with post-game comments like this.

Go Gophers!!

Why does our board always have to revolve around Wisconsin. Seriously. On the FB and BB boards, it seems like there at least 1 thread per night that references something about Becky.

I go over to the Wisconsin board and unless it's the week of the game not one word is mentioned about us... that ought to tell everyone something. Let's stop the constant Wisconsin comparisons

I wish I would have heard the post-game. That's pretty bad. The players will lose respect for him if he continues this. Clearly Tubby is getting very defensive and doesn't like this criticism. I'm not sure what he is hoping to achieve with post-game comments like this.

Go Gophers!!

Tubby is having a melt down. He needs to do, along with this team, some major soul searching once this season is over. I am not feeling very comfortable at all about this coaching staff and team going into next season.

This has to go down as one of the dumbess statements ever on Gopherhole. Sorry, but this is hilarious. The Badgers would struggle a little without Taylor for sure, but I guarentee they would not lose 8 of 9.

Go Gophers!!

He was ticked. I actually thought the players played hard and battled. They just look lost on offense. Defense was okay but eventually you keep not scoring and the dam bursts on the other end. The Cats just started to get confidence and the threes started falling. 34-14 they beat us in the last 12 minutes which is almost unfathomable. Northwestern!

Go Gophers!!

Thanks and thanks to bga1 also. Haven't seen it on GH but after the last game Tuby's comment was 'I couldn't believe Rodney tried to make that pass to Ralph and I couldn't believe Ralph didn't make the catch'.

Losing two top players is sure to hurt, but this fall is inexcusable. Some will blame the system, some the motivation and some the talent. End of line, it is all on Tubby. I am officialy off the Tubby bandwagon.

He was ticked. I actually thought the players played hard and battled. They just look lost on offense. Defense was okay but eventually you keep not scoring and the dam bursts on the other end. The Cats just started to get confidence and the threes started falling. 34-14 they beat us in the last 12 minutes which is almost unfathomable. Northwestern!

This is pretty accurate, and describes every one of these last 9 games except Iowa. Their end of game offense simply evaporates as the other team hits big shots. That last 3-4 minute stretch was like watching Purdue, Penn State, Michigan State, all over again, just different color jerseys.

Could be conditioning. Could be abandonment issues caused by frequent Bortonesque defections. Could be depth is gone because of said departures. Could be players playing out of position. Could be floor leadership is sitting in street clothes with a bum foot. Gosh, it could be all of these things. Great coaching will mitigate some of these factors, but all of them?

At any rate, this thread is entitled, "pretty sad." I must say, that's where I'm at concerning the 10-11 Gophers. From Puerto Rico to this, just plain sad.:cry:

Go Gophers!

I'll add this to the idea that Wisc. would fold if Taylor went down. No chance. Wisc. is better coached and has smarter players. Our players just aren't smart enough and the coaching staff doesn't know what to do about it.

The players will lose respect for him if he continues this.
Based on the player reactions I've seen on TV, it looks like it has already happened.

He's been doing this a lot lately; seems to be more of a defense mechanism than anything else. Doing it consistently will cause some problems among the team you'd think...may start explaining some of the transfers/issues he's had over the past 4 years here. Maybe that's unfair, but as least worth consideration?

I "guarentee" that many of your statements go down as the "dumbess" statements ever on Gopherhole.

This has to go down as one of the dumbess statements ever on Gopherhole. Sorry, but this is hilarious. The Badgers would struggle a little without Taylor for sure, but I guarentee they would not lose 8 of 9.

Top Bottom