KFAN to air recruiting show on Wed. 6:30-7:00, Nadine Babu to be on talking Gophers

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
KFAN will have a 30 minute signing day special on Wednesday night from 6:30-7:00pm, and GopherHole.com's Nadine Babu will be live in studio talking Gopher football!!

This is the Gopher Football equivalent of winning at the Alamo.

No offense, but how closely does Nadine even follow football recruiting? I don't recall seeing many posts by her re: recruits or interviews w/ potential signees.

I can pretty much assure you that the same guys who ripped recruiting rankings when brewster had a top 25 class will be ripping kill for not having a higher rated class.

No offense, but how closely does Nadine even follow football recruiting? I don't recall seeing many posts by her re: recruits or interviews w/ potential signees.

Something is better than nothing. Nadine will do good.

She'll outshine the "talent" on KFAN simply by being able to recognize 1 of the names.

Honestly, if she spends 1/2 hour priming herself with names, schools, has a list of offering schools, etc. she'll look like a recruiting expert over there.

That is, if they allow her to talk over the (I'm sure) abundant, oh-so-clever, sound bites.

Knock 'em dead GL.

I can pretty much assure you that the same guys who ripped recruiting rankings when brewster had a top 25 class will be ripping kill for not having a higher rated class.

(1) Amen to Rosemountian's sentiment. Someday, all the Goldilocks wannabes over a KFAN will pronounce things as "just right," but I'm guessing the porridge will either be too hot or too cold on Wednesday.

(2) Nadine will do just fine.

Maybe she'll inform us of the player's favorite movies and what they say on Twitter.

Timberwolves play at 7pm so I'm a little skeptical about a full 30 minutes. It's taking the place of Fan ondemand. Justin Gaard will probably be hosting.

Timberwolves play at 7pm so I'm a little skeptical about a full 30 minutes. It's taking the place of Fan ondemand. Justin Gaard will probably be hosting.

I so rarely listen to KFAN anymore, but I'm curious if Gaardsie has said anything about the Iowa situation.

I wonder if Justin gaard will tell us that gray is too dumb to play qb and that Moses alipate is a future NFL hall of famer like he told us all fall.

Perhaps they'll have Conzemius on to tell us how Gray will fail this fall because he's too tall to play QB.

Better yet,go to the GLC recruiting social. Listen to the coach and staff talk about the signee's and watch some tape on each of the recruits. Hope to see most of you there.

I so rarely listen to KFAN anymore, but I'm curious if Gaardsie has said anything about the Iowa situation.

Barreiro and Gaard actually talked quite a bit on Friday about the Iowa situation. They had Mason on as a guest to talk about it. All three were in agreement that Ferentz needed to come home immediately, especially for the news conference. They also were in agreement that if this were a MN coach, he would've been roasted already.

Although Gaard's last comment was if "Ferentz missing the new conference meant landing some 5 star recruits, than all is forgiven."

Good luck to Nadine. I am sure she will hold her own. My hope is that this year, they will maybe spend a little more time talking about the recruits actually coming to MN.

Last year was the show that drove me to stop listening to Barreiro. Their very minimal overall signing-day chatter, which included only talk about all the recruits who didn't come to MN without mentioning any of the Gophers recruits was too much (even though we did pretty well on the in-state recruits last year).

This is definitely improvement; however, I know that if I do listen, it won't be for a minute before 6:30.

She'll outshine the "talent" on KFAN simply by being able to recognize 1 of the names.

Honestly, if she spends 1/2 hour priming herself with names, schools, has a list of offering schools, etc. she'll look like a recruiting expert over there.

That is, if they allow her to talk over the (I'm sure) abundant, oh-so-clever, sound bites.

Knock 'em dead GL.

I'm also assuming that any recruit Minnesota loses will be because of Maturi...;)

Fair point DP, but as a representative of GH she can take all of the tidbits, interviews, etc. posted here and share them on KFAN, while at the same time promoting the site and all of the information. I don't think (or at least hope) the point will really be her on the air portrayed as a "recruiting expert." Rather it will be someone who is close to the program sharing some of the basic knowledge to the Gopher-ignorant public.

Congrats, GL!

Something is better than nothing. If it's good, maybe they'll do it more. If they open their phones and people here can fill in the gaps (if there ever are any) then so much the better. Maybe if the phone lines are full for a positive Gopher show, we might get more.

so pretty much like this board. when there was a top 25 recruiting class the rankings were important and when the recruiting ranking was worse every year they mean nothing.

so pretty much like this board. when there was a top 25 recruiting class the rankings were important and when the recruiting ranking was worse every year they mean nothing.

+1

I understand we lost a couple of kids to other BCS schools, but isn't a whole lot better we only lost one kid to sconnie and none to iowa? Hopefully Coach Kill can close the borders in the future!

Good for KFAN finally coming up with some Gopher programming. Of course, they are going right up against the Gopher BB game. Knock 'em dead, GopherLady.

Too bad it's not a little earlier so us attending the signing social could listen in. Hopefully they pod cast it.

Thank you all so much for your encouraging words - I just really hope I don't majorly screw up and embarass this website. If I do, please don't rub it in!!! I'm excited to be on with my girl, Lindsay Guentzel, she's an intern at KFan and one of the only girls I know that follows sports.

No offense taken - you are correct - I hardly do post now. Since October I started a new job, and from January 3rd on, GH is blocked at work. Which basically means I have time to check it right about now, so I've cut back. I can't say I'm as into recruiting as I was 2 years ago when I interviewed every kid, Brew kind of turned me off a little...but I got back to what's important, our actual players. And that's why I'm excited for signing day, because we'll be celebrating the guys that wanted to come here.

I'm also assuming that any recruit Minnesota loses will be because of Maturi...;)
No, I was thinking about blaming you ;)

Fair point DP, but as a representative of GH she can take all of the tidbits, interviews, etc. posted here and share them on KFAN, while at the same time promoting the site and all of the information. I don't think (or at least hope) the point will really be her on the air portrayed as a "recruiting expert." Rather it will be someone who is close to the program sharing some of the basic knowledge to the Gopher-ignorant public.

Congrats, GL!

Exactly what we wanted to do. There are the time restrictions because they have to have the Wolves game on, and I get that - but some talk is better than none! I don't claim to be an expert (many of you die hards know more that I do), I'm knowledgeable. Now if they had me on for Gopher hoops...that would be my dream! :)

Something is better than nothing. If it's good, maybe they'll do it more. If they open their phones and people here can fill in the gaps (if there ever are any) then so much the better. Maybe if the phone lines are full for a positive Gopher show, we might get more.

Not sure how they evaluate that, but you've got to think if they get a lot of calls, and their ratings are high, perhaps they'll see the demand.

Good for KFAN finally coming up with some Gopher programming. Of course, they are going right up against the Gopher BB game. Knock 'em dead, GopherLady.

This is the worst part for me! Not only up against the BBall game, but the signing day social, which I really wanted to attend. I have gone every year. I wonder how well I can cut myself off from the world while at a sports radio station, so I don't see any of the Gopher game - so I can run home and watch it in peace???

I know this is up against a lot of different Gopher events, but if you get a chance, it would be great if you could tune in. We're excited, and nervous! :)

Thank you all so much for your encouraging words - I just really hope I don't majorly screw up and embarass this website. If I do, please don't rub it in!!! I'm excited to be on with my girl, Lindsay Guentzel, she's an intern at KFan and one of the only girls I know that follows sports.

I know you'll do great, but if I'm looking at this correctly, does that mean that you'll be on with Gaard and Dan B? If so, sorry, but I'm going to skip listening. I just would not be able to stomach those two. If it's just you and Lindsay, please let us know, and I'll be tuning in.

Good luck.

Does anyone know if there is going to be a podcast available for the recruiting show? For those of us who are not able to listen during the time.

Perhaps they'll have Conzemius on to tell us how Gray will fail this fall because he's too tall to play QB.

Tremendous. Best line of the year so far on GopherHole. I literally just spit coffee all over the computer as I laughed out loud.

That was a classic Conzemius moment. "Tall QB's are out of favor in the NFL." Then he cites Dan McGuire. Really?

I know you'll do great, but if I'm looking at this correctly, does that mean that you'll be on with Gaard and Dan B? If so, sorry, but I'm going to skip listening. I just would not be able to stomach those two. If it's just you and Lindsay, please let us know, and I'll be tuning in.

Good luck.

What about if it's only Gaard, Lindsay and I...then will you listen? Dan B. will not be on. It's a tough time slot, but I'm guessing if they see the interest in Gopher info, they'd be inclined to have more of it!

Does anyone know if there is going to be a podcast available for the recruiting show? For those of us who are not able to listen during the time.

Yes, there will be - thank you in advance for listening when we post it. I know I won't be able too...you know how you hate the sound of your own voice? Haha

Top Bottom