Minnesota needs an OC

Absolutely. Zero rhythm to this play-calling, both the offense AND the defense deserve better than what they've shown so far, and it has nothing to do with the HC. Uggghhhhh....

It’s game one. I’m not going to run them out of town quite yet. While not a great showing offensively by any means, I do think we need to tip our caps to Nebraska somewhat as well. Not saying they are the most talented defense we’ll see, but they were well coached and avoided mistakes.

Until Fleck finds a legit OC they got no chance. Plus Fleck has gotten too conservative. That reverse call on 2nd and 3 was low level stupid. Bad junior football coaching. The O looks like Mike Sanford all over again. Find an OC PJ!
Good point. They need an OC who can call plays, do the entire job. The sooner the better.

This team lost the best center in the draft and what could be it's best running back in history.

We have a very average o-line, possibly below average running backs, and average wide receivers.

You just hope they can progress.

I'm not sensing it, to be honest.

Anyone rememeber when we barely beat a couple of laugher teams in the beginning of 2019 and went on to go 11-2? Pepperidge Farms remembers.
The skill positions were off the charts. Not even close now.

This Nebraska teams was much better coached than under Frost.

The RB game was not there the 1st half (stopped watching after NE scored)

I dont think they made adjustments. Im curious how Kirk would have called this game.

Two more games should let us know plenty

Anyone rememeber when we barely beat a couple of laugher teams in the beginning of 2019 and went on to go 11-2? Pepperidge Farms remembers.
Excellence point. Sure it was ugly as hell but get a win and move on. A couple of the early 19 games were just like this against no name schools and they had a great year. I mean huge win considering that schedule because damn there are some big boys on it. In an unrelated rant I hate 0$U and so should all of the gopher faithful.

The skill positions were off the charts. Not even close now.
Right, and at that time we barely beat a G5 team whereas today we beat a conference foe in the opener with what you refer to as inferior talent against a proven coach who has a roster full of guys who are far higher rated than any on our squad if you're a star guy. So maybe our talent is actually better than you're giving them credit for, they just need a few games for it to show up. Take a breath, Frances. This was a good win.

A thrilling win at that.

It reminds me a little of the Vikings' season last year. If you can't enjoy an improbable victory, when your team pulls out a big win after staring at almost certain defeat... are you even a fan, really?
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Cost me en extra 60 bucks after the game for beers. Tasted so good too.

At the very least, the team continues to prove they are very, very well-coached overall. Penalties, at least to me, is usually a big indicator of coaching and Fleck continues to lead a team that just doesn't hurt themselves.

Three penalties tonight for 25 yards, including the 15-yd roughing the kicker. That's really, really well done in Game 1; Nebraska had 7 for 55 yards.

At the very least, the team continues to prove they are very, very well-coached overall. Penalties, at least to me, is usually a big indicator of coaching and Fleck continues to lead a team that just doesn't hurt themselves.

Three penalties tonight for 25 yards, including the 15-yd roughing the kicker. That's really, really well done in Game 1; Nebraska had 7 for 55 yards.

You nailed it.

And that roughing the kicker penalty on Minnesota was, as the kids today would say, 'sketchy'.

Year after year, Fleck's teams show two traits that are often contradicatory: his teams are very physical, and yet they are seldom penalized.

For the record there was tape available on Nebbie's QB Sims from his stint at Georgia Tech.

Watched him a couple of times as I've kept in touch with GT's version of GH since the bowl game. Looked the same tonight as he did when playing in downtown Hotlanta.

Until Fleck finds a legit OC they got no chance. Plus Fleck has gotten too conservative. That reverse call on 2nd and 3 was low level stupid. Bad junior football coaching. The O looks like Mike Sanford all over again. Find an OC PJ!
I love this. You bust on Fleck for being conservative. Then in your next sentence you criticize him for running a trick play.

You nailed it.

And that roughing the kicker penalty on Minnesota was, as the kids today would say, 'sketchy'.

Year after year, Fleck's teams show two traits that are often contradicatory: his teams are very physical, and yet they are seldom penalized.
Just before the roughing the kicker penalty I was thinking we shouldn’t go hard at the kicker…. sometimes you make your own bad luck…

Top Bottom