Athan Kaliakmanis struggles?

As Mo and the defense have done for 95% of Tanners wins....what's your point?

That has been this teams recipe for victory for years.
TM Stats this year.

2022 SEASON STATS​

• YDS
  • TD
  • INT
  • QBR
AK Stats this year.

2022 SEASON STATS​

• YDS
  • TD
  • INT
  • QBR

Mentioned to DarrenTheGreek at halftime we were going to have some QB growing pains. Not a surprise and if Tanner is ready, he should get the first shot. However, if we're struggling then Athan should get a shot too.

What I did like was that Wright was seeing the field and that Athan was targeting him. That offered, I was disappointed that Athan's timing was off and when it finally clicked Wright got hit and fumbled. I hope Dylan sticks around as I still think he has potential.
Tough conditions today for any QB/WR combination. I'm guessing u stayed to the end of the game?

Don't confuse them with stats.
If Tanners only stats were a start at PSU, at Nebraska(lord have mercy with that first half) and 13 throws today..........I would puke looking at the numbers. I'm quite positive of this.

The only real way to compare them so far is each one played one half against the same team.

Damn, people, are you really going to compare their stats this year?

Murray,

Who do you want to start this Saturday?

If Tanners only stats were a start at PSU, at Nebraska(lord have mercy with that first half) and 13 throws today..........I would puke looking at the numbers. I'm quite positive of this.

The only real way to compare them so far is each one played one half against the same team.

Damn, people, are you really going to compare their stats this year?

Tanner has 3+ years of stats to look at.

Murray,

Who do you want to start this Saturday?

Whichever QB Fleck believes gives this team the best chance to win a very, very important game.

I have complete faith that the coach is far more qualified than I am to make that call. In fact, believe it or not, I am convinced that Fleck is more qualified than even you are to make that call.

AK will in 3 years, too. At least, I think that's how it works.

Indeed!

I've said it before: I hope Kaliakmanis surpasses every one of Morgan's records. If he did, it would almost certainly mean new heights for this program.

Doesn’t matter. If we give either team short fields it will be an uphill battle.

I trust the staff to make the best decision for the team.

Whichever QB Fleck believes gives this team the best chance to win a very, very important game.

I have complete faith that the coach is far more qualified than I am to make that call. In fact, believe it or not, I am convinced that Fleck is more qualified than even you are to make that call.
Murray, you can have an opinion who should start. That doesn't mean you are more qualified than Fleck.

Hey, I get it, you were embarrassed a few weeks back and you have to tread lightly, but it's all good.

If you thought he was going to be on fire this game…. I doubt you were watching him this year.
This is what I don't get. He doesn't look good any time I have seen him play. It's like people here saw Durr's Tweets and took that as gospel. He wasn't great in the spring game, he consistently sailed balls in his garbage time reps early this year and he has now looked bad in both games in which he had a full week to prepare.

I don't know why anyone think he's a "generational talent" right now. He looks like a Freshman.

You couldn't say that about Tanner from the time he beat Indiana in 2018 to today.

The biggest thing I could say for Athan is that his deep shots against Nebraska last week opened up the running game. If Fleck doesn't trust Tanner to throw downfield, then fine, Athan might be the better option, but lets not pretend that he's shooting the lights out. As of right now, he looks inaccurate and he's locking on to receivers.

Murray, you can have an opinion who should start. That doesn't mean you are more qualified than Fleck.

Hey, I get it, you were embarrassed a few weeks back and you have to tread lightly, but it's all good.

So...

First, I said things I never actually said, and now I'm embarrassed by... saying things I never actually said.

This is what I don't get. He doesn't look good any time I have seen him play. It's like people here saw Durr's Tweets and took that as gospel. He wasn't great in the spring game, he consistently sailed balls in his garbage time reps early this year and he has now looked bad in both games in which he had a full week to prepare.

I don't know why anyone think he's a "generational talent" right now. He looks like a Freshman.

You couldn't say that about Tanner from the time he beat Indiana in 2018 to today.

Again, you (obviously) don't own the wall poster...

TM would have been run out of the PSU game.

He would have lost the Nebraska game.

He would have handed off to MO today in the same way AK did.

I don't get the big gap here between the two. I do believe we are 8-2 if AK is the qb all year.

I get the experience angle, but I'm not sure what I'm missing. This offense under TM is anemic for the most part. It was again today. Go with the youngster.

TM would have been run out of the PSU game.

He would have lost the Nebraska game.

He would have handed off to MO today in the same way AK did.

I don't get the big gap here between the two. I do believe we are 8-2 if AK is the qb all year.

I get the experience angle, but I'm not sure what I'm missing. This offense under TM is anemic for the most part. It was again today. Go with the youngster.

??????????????????

Top Bottom