According to 24/7, Uncommitted Gopher Recruits that are getting a lot of attention from us.

I won’t waste my time arguing with someone who doesn’t really know. J Burns has an offer list that is similar to Kaden’s and is ranked relatively close. Many schools aren’t interested in Kaden because he’s not 6’4” and didn’t have great senior year film. He might not even have a commitable offer from Wisky. We have 4 linebacker commits, so it really isn’t that preposterous that we moved on.
Glad we have Burns and don’t know much about their senior film comparisons- but barring new ratings I’m not privy to, their ratings aren’t that close.

The Kaden situation is a little perplexing. Why in the hell hasn’t he committed somewhere? At this point, I won’t even be shocked if he ends up at Oregon State.
Agreed- seemed to have so much early interest. Would be a great get for the Beavers- at least on paper

But you just did pretend to know and insisted Johnson is still a take. Do you even realize what you’re writing?

No, I don't pretend to know. I just said that I don't know. You have to read JG, read.

It's common sense that we would still take Kaden, regardless of your paid insider info from JG.

I would tell you but Bobby won't believe it. Even though the info is from someone who makes his career off Gopher recruiting info and has connections to the staff.

So you won't tell someone else info because I won't believe it. Man, you really are obsessed. That's like stalker-ex GF obsessed. "Why does it even matter if Bob_Loblaw won't believe it?"

Also, Burns makes his career duping suckers like you into believing he has connections with the staff. He preys off of your need to feel important - - like an insider. It's a great scheme. Pretending to have inside info because you make obvious deductions is a definitely a skill and part of journalism. He does it so that small men like you do not have to stand by their opinions. You get to fall back on the belief that you have somehow obtained insider info for $1.99 / month.

Wasn't it Burnsy who got fooled by a video game? It was either him or Ryan James.

No, I don't pretend to know. I just said that I don't know. You have to read JG, read.

It's common sense that we would still take Kaden, regardless of your paid insider info from JG.
Bob: I don’t pretend to know
Bob: It’s common sense we would still take him

You might be the least self aware poster on here.

Bob: I don’t pretend to know
Bob: It’s common sense we would still take him

You might be the least self aware poster on here.

You don't understand the difference between the two?

I don't know for certain that OJ killed his wife. I wasn't there. However, common sense would tell you that he probably did.

I don't know for certain that Dilly Bar Dan won't be elected POTUS. However, common sense would tell you that he probably won't be.

So, now that we are done pretending to not know the difference between those two claims.

I don't know that if Kaden Johnson called PJ and wanted to play for the Gophers that we would take him. I don't have any inside information. I haven't talked to PJ or Kaden Johnson. I haven't even become a super star insider for $1.99/month on GI (#1).

However, for me, it's common sense that if Kaden wanted to sign with the Gophers tomorrow or in February, we would find room (#2).

Ryan Burns is using common sense (see #2) and selling it to idiots like you as fact (see #1). Ryan Burns and I just disagree our deductions. His is obviously the safe bet, as I said, I don't expect Kaden to sign here and Burns knows that idiots like you will take as proof that he has inside information.

In regards to Johnson (if he does in fact go elsewhere) you always hate to see high ranked in state talent leave but it is what it is. Some kids just want to get away from home and go somewhere else.

I watched about half the state championship game he played in. Had I not been told that he was a four star player I would certainly not have noticed him. He seemed a low motor guy who made no particular impact on the game. Good, but vanilla.

You don't understand the difference between the two?

I don't know for certain that OJ killed his wife. I wasn't there. However, common sense would tell you that he probably did.

I don't know for certain that Dilly Bar Dan won't be elected POTUS. However, common sense would tell you that he probably won't be.

So, now that we are done pretending to not know the difference between those two claims.

I don't know that if Kaden Johnson called PJ and wanted to play for the Gophers that we would take him. I don't have any inside information. I haven't talked to PJ or Kaden Johnson. I haven't even become a super star insider for $1.99/month on GI (#1).

However, for me, it's common sense that if Kaden wanted to sign with the Gophers tomorrow or in February, we would find room (#2).

Ryan Burns is using common sense (see #2) and selling it to idiots like you as fact (see #1). Ryan Burns and I just disagree our deductions. His is obviously the safe bet, as I said, I don't expect Kaden to sign here and Burns knows that idiots like you will take as proof that he has inside information.
Bobby’s Common Sense > guys that follow recruiting for a living

I mean, PJ still has room for Jah Joyner if he commits but not the top prospect in the state of Minnesota? Right there that is some stupid thinking. You want to grow your fanbase in-state, I suggest maybe not being so dismissive of your own in-state prospects.

I mean, PJ still has room for Jah Joyner if he commits but not the top prospect in the state of Minnesota? Right there that is some stupid thinking. You want to grow your fanbase in-state, I suggest maybe not being so dismissive of your own in-state prospects.

Because the Badgers built their fanbase cheering on homegrown boys like Ron Dayne, Melvin Gordon and Jonathan Taylor? Oh wait, isn't Russell Wilson from Sheboygan?

Bobby’s Common Sense > guys that follow recruiting for a living

I'm glad I could teach you something! I knew you weren't going to be smart enough to figure this out on your own but I'm glad you finally understand that he is selling you "opinion" and pretending it's "fact/insider knowledge".

My opinion is different from his opinion. Burns doesn't know what PJ would do, he wants suckers like you to believe he is plugged in so that you can pawn yourself off as someone-in-the-know, well, more like someone-in-the-know-adjacent.

I will trust my opinion (I could certainly be wrong) over someone who makes his living scrolling the twitter feeds of 16 year olds to find tidbits to swindle a group of mouth breathers.

Because the Badgers built their fanbase cheering on homegrown boys like Ron Dayne, Melvin Gordon and Jonathan Taylor? Oh wait, isn't Russell Wilson from Sheboygan?

Why didn't you mention JJ Watt, Joe Thomas, TJ Watt, Joe Schobert, Kevin Zeitler, Travis Frederick, etc.?

There are a number of Badger greats from outside of WI, but they have a ton of local legends as well.

I would tell you but Bobby won't believe it. Even though the info is from someone who makes his career off Gopher recruiting info and has connections to the staff.

Burns doesn't guarantee this stuff. It is what his opinion is based off of what he hears. There is no way of know if Johnson would be a take or not.

You end up arguing with almost every one on here because of your sparkling personality. So one of two things must be true. Everyone else is crazy or you are. I wonder which is more likely to be true?

I'm glad I could teach you something! I knew you weren't going to be smart enough to figure this out on your own but I'm glad you finally understand that he is selling you "opinion" and pretending it's "fact/insider knowledge".

My opinion is different from his opinion. Burns doesn't know what PJ would do, he wants suckers like you to believe he is plugged in so that you can pawn yourself off as someone-in-the-know, well, more like someone-in-the-know-adjacent.

I will trust my opinion (I could certainly be wrong) over someone who makes his living scrolling the twitter feeds of 16 year olds to find tidbits to swindle a group of mouth breathers.
Bob, you keep trying to defend a horrible take. Burns, Evan Flood for Wisconsin and whoever covers recruiting for every team know more about recruiting than basically anyone who isn’t on the staff. They usually have a few connections with the staff, talk with their counterparts, and have dozens of recruits on speed dial. They consistently provide real content that turns out to be true. I’m not really sure how it’s even up for debate.

Every year we make fun of the Badgers fans who claim that they cooled on every guy that doesn't sign with them. Every fan base has got em I guess.

In this case, it seems the staff did cool on Kaden for some reason. It may be due to other opportunities arising in Burns, but they completely stopped pursuing him after the season ended.

Russell Wilson...not a recruit. Melvin Gordon actually is from Wisconsin. Also, these players are weird examples as they didn't exactly come about as Barry was trying to build the fanbase. Even Dayne was recruited after Barry won his first Rose Bowl. Still, Wisconsin kids are the backbone of Wisconsin. You could have brought up the Watt brothers. Our current Rimington Trophy winner Tyler Biadasz is a Wisconsin kid. These players build state pride and their families and friends buy season tickets and merchandise, and younger kids look up to them and want to be like them. I mean if PJ doesn't need all that, then that's fine. PJ can do PJ. I just probably wouldn't be so dismissive of your fellow Minnesotans when you're trying to build a fanbase that comes back year after year, not just one that wants to be there when you win a few games.

Russell Wilson...not a recruit. Melvin Gordon actually is from Wisconsin. Also, these players are weird examples as they didn't exactly come about as Barry was trying to build the fanbase. Even Dayne was recruited after Barry won his first Rose Bowl. Still, Wisconsin kids are the backbone of Wisconsin. You could have brought up the Watt brothers. Our current Rimington Trophy winner Tyler Biadasz is a Wisconsin kid. These players build state pride and their families and friends buy season tickets and merchandise, and younger kids look up to them and want to be like them. I mean if PJ doesn't need all that, then that's fine. PJ can do PJ. I just probably wouldn't be so dismissive of your fellow Minnesotans when you're trying to build a fanbase that comes back year after year, not just one that wants to be there when you win a few games.

Dismissive? What do you know? From what you read from a message board thread? We recruited Johnson hard for a long time and he has been slow-playing his decision or disinterested. We take the MN kids that want to be here - multiple guys in this class. So we're supposed to cry about a kid who clearly doesn't know which way is up? It's just another ridiculous take from a Badger fan that doesn't know shit. Don't come and lecture us about how to build a fanbase. You're just unfortunate enough to live in a state better known for serial killers and beer bellies than actual things to do outside of watching the Badgers and the Pack. Given the choice between touring the Miller factory for the eighth time or driving by Dahmer's old apartment, hell yeah, a day in Madison sounds great.

Whether Kaden Johnson signs with the Gophers has zero effect on how much people in the state care. We already have Tyler Johnson, Thomas Barber, Carter Coughlin, Kamal Martin, Sam Renner, Blaise Andries, Sam Schlueter and many others to make sure that is taken care of.

Dismissive? What do you know? From what you read from a message board thread? We recruited Johnson hard for a long time and he has been slow-playing his decision or disinterested. We take the MN kids that want to be here - multiple guys in this class. So we're supposed to cry about a kid who clearly doesn't know which way is up? It's just another ridiculous take from a Badger fan that doesn't know shit. Don't come and lecture us about how to build a fanbase. You're just unfortunate enough to live in a state better known for serial killers and beer bellies than actual things to do outside of watching the Badgers and the Pack. Given the choice between touring the Miller factory for the eighth time or driving by Dahmer's old apartment, hell yeah, a day in Madison sounds great.

Whether Kaden Johnson signs with the Gophers has zero effect on how much people in the state care. We already have Tyler Johnson, Thomas Barber, Carter Coughlin, Kamal Martin, Sam Renner, Blaise Andries, Sam Schlueter and many others to make sure is taken care of.

Well, I don't live in Wisconsin. I'm actually Minnesota born and raised. But Madison is a great college town. Not sure why you'd confuse it with Milwaukee.

I get dismissive from what I'm reading here, yes. People are saying that PJ wouldn't make room for Kaden, which is dismissive (and stupid) if true. Especially if there's still room for other recruits. But I'm the one who doesn't know shit. Okay then.

Well, I don't live in Wisconsin. I'm actually Minnesota born and raised. But Madison is a great college town. Not sure why you'd confuse it with Milwaukee.

I get dismissive from what I'm reading here, yes. People are saying that PJ wouldn't make room for Kaden, which is dismissive (and stupid) if true. Especially if there's still room for other recruits. But I'm the one who doesn't know shit. Okay then.

Kaden's ship sailed. He had all year to commit. Why is that so hard to understand?

We already have Tyler Johnson, Thomas Barber, Carter Coughlin, Kamal Martin, Sam Renner, Blaise Andries, Sam Schlueter and many others to make sure that is taken care of.
These are the names that 9-15 year old kids in MN will remember when they become football players and look to become Gophers. It's huge to have MN tied kids on a successful team. This will help instate recruiting for the next few years. Keep winning and MN will be desired by instate kids.
Quick look and here is the 2020 for instate.

Minnesota- 1, 4* and 8 rated over .850 (MN got 2 of the players)
Iowa- 2, 4* and 9 rated over .850 (Iowa/ISU got 8 of the players)
WI- 2, 4* and 9 rated over .850 (Wis got 5 of the players)

Of the 26 kids in this group, here is where they are going

1- Western Michigan
1- Purdue
1- Michigan State
2- Nebraska
3- Minnesota
6- Iowa State
6- Iowa
6- Wisconsin

Last edited:

These are the names that 9-15 year old kids in MN will remember when they become football players and look to become Gophers. It's huge to have MN tied kids on a successful team. This will help instate recruiting for the next few years. Keep winning and MN will be desired by instate kids.
Quick look and here is the 2020 for instate.

Minnesota- 1, 4* and 8 rated over .850 (MN got 2 of the players)
Iowa- 2, 4* and 9 rated over .850 (Iowa/ISU got 8 of the players)
WI- 2, 4* and 9 rated over .850 (Wis got 5 of the players)

Of the 26 kids in this group, here is where they are going

1- Western Michigan
1- Purdue
1- Michigan State
2- Nebraska
3- Minnesota
6- Iowa State
6- Iowa
6- Wisconsin

Very interesting stats here. I think the sheer lack of very many 4-star and higher kids on the list above speaks to the vast difference in talent with some of the football-rich states we have been doing well in. I'm always for Minnesota kids doing well for the Gophers, but I'll take more of the kids we've been getting from Georgia, Florida, Texas and Ohio if they want to Row The Boat over homestate kids with eyes for leaving every freaking day.

Very interesting stats here. I think the sheer lack of very many 4-star and higher kids on the list above speaks to the vast difference in talent with some of the football-rich states we have been doing well in. I'm always for Minnesota kids doing well for the Gophers, but I'll take more of the kids we've been getting from Georgia, Florida, Texas and Ohio if they want to Row The Boat over homestate kids with eyes for leaving every freaking day.
I also look at positions:

MN- 2 of top 6 rated kids are front seven type players
IA- 4 of top 6 are front seven
WI- 5 of top 6

Recruiting skill positions is a different animal and Iowa/WI have track record with front seven kids to get them to commit instate.

Bob, you keep trying to defend a horrible take. Burns, Evan Flood for Wisconsin and whoever covers recruiting for every team know more about recruiting than basically anyone who isn’t on the staff. They usually have a few connections with the staff, talk with their counterparts, and have dozens of recruits on speed dial. They consistently provide real content that turns out to be true. I’m not really sure how it’s even up for debate.

I'm not defending my take. My take could be wrong. Again, unlike you, I'm not pretending to be in the know. In my opinion, it is common sense that if KJ wanted to join the Gophers, we would take him. We would find room. My opinion, and I would imagine it's probably shared by close to 50% of the people on here (maybe less), is that if Kaden wanted to come here, we would find a way to make it happen.

What I am laughing about, not defending, is how clueless you are. You are still believing that Burns has some sort of inside info that the staff would not take Johnson. It's all in fun, I used to like reading Charlie Walters "little birdy" blips in the paper too. You take something that is likely to happen (by simple deduction) or cannot be proven and sell it to idiots as insider info.

Kaden's ship sailed. He had all year to commit. Why is that so hard to understand?

Because we don't think PJ and his staff are a bunch of idiots.

No, I do not believe that Kaden Johnson ends up a Gopher. But I also do not believe that if Kaden Johnson had a change of heart and decided he wanted to be a Gopher that we would say no.

So I'm completely resigned to the idea that Johnson will not come here, I'm not holding out hope. I think it's asinine to think the staff cooled on him or wouldn't make room for him (in the hypothetical that he wanted to come here).

I thought I saw something saying that we have two commits that won’t be signing because they won’t make the cut for getting admitted to the U. Something to do with them not being academically up to the standards. So if my numbers are correct, that makes room for Jah Joyner and gives one open scholarship slot. The room is technically there for Kaden if he wants to go here. My guess is he doesn’t, or he hasn’t made up his mind. Maybe he doesn’t want to do early signing day. So maybe we fill that spot with someone we flip tomorrow, or maybe we leave it open thinking we have a shot at a JUCO guy, or maybe we leave it open because the coaches think they have a shot at Kaden when the regular signing date comes. Who really knows? Seems to me that none of us do.

In this case, it seems the staff did cool on Kaden for some reason. It may be due to other opportunities arising in Burns, but they completely stopped pursuing him after the season ended.
I thought I saw something saying that we have two commits that won’t be signing because they won’t make the cut for getting admitted to the U. Something to do with them not being academically up to the standards. So if my numbers are correct, that makes room for Jah Joyner and gives one open scholarship slot. The room is technically there for Kaden if he wants to go here. My guess is he doesn’t, or he hasn’t made up his mind. Maybe he doesn’t want to do early signing day. So maybe we fill that spot with someone we flip tomorrow, or maybe we leave it open thinking we have a shot at a JUCO guy, or maybe we leave it open because the coaches think they have a shot at Kaden when the regular signing date comes. Who really knows? Seems to me that none of us do.
Dakota Thomas and Dylan McGill don’t have the ACT scores to be part of the class. Hence, the reason we have been adding what seemed to be so many receivers. Without both of them, we were at 23 commits, now 24 with the Aussie punter. Jah Joyner will make it 25 and a full class.

Dakota Thomas and Dylan McGill don’t have the ACT scores to be part of the class.

Any idea what the required ACT score is? Just curious. Or does it vary depending on how many stars you have?

Top Bottom