Tillman Committed

Welcome aboard Mr Tillman. Per Scout he also had offers from Illinois and Wisconsin.

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=8&c=1&nid=4754829

Let me have the honor beating the badger d-bags that post here to the punch:

Wisconsin cooled on him and has over 750 kids already at that position. Also, they have other kids that fit their system so they don't need him. Lastly, if he played Goalie for their hockey team, Howard would break him down and build him into a superstar who would stymie the Gophers just like Brian Elliot. :D

I was just checkin' the Gophers' list of verbal commitments on Scout.com

In the past 4 months, the Gophers have reeled in 11 recruits, all of the 2-star variety.
This is quite a streak, though NOT to be confused with Joe DiMaggio's streak of getting at least one base hit in 56 consecutive games.;)

Tillman, with his 1-star status, shatters the streak of 11 consecutive 2-stars.:eek:

Earnst Thomas, had an official visit this past week too.

Here's his offer list from ESPN:

Decommitted
from UCLA January 2010... Committed July 2009... Holding 15 scholarship offers (July 2009)... Louisville, UCLA, Penn State, Indiana, Missouri, Stanford, Vanderbilt...

Uh oh! Tillman's never going to get a job after graduation at Dunder-Mifflin Scranton because he didn't stay home and play for PSU or Pitt. Nobody will hire him because he's a traitor.

In the past 4 months, the Gophers have reeled in 11 recruits, all of the 2-star variety.
This is quite a streak, though NOT to be confused with Joe DiMaggio's streak of getting at least one base hit in 56 consecutive games.;)

Tillman, with his 1-star status, shatters the streak of 11 consecutive 2-stars.:eek:

So you're saying you don't want a guy with Illinois and Wisconsin offers?

So it seems Lackawanna C.C. is our new pipeline, Thornton, Eure, Tillman this year and Wills from last yr. Im not too big on Juco players unless they can make an immediate impact, but we will see how this works out.

Uh oh! Tillman's never going to get a job after graduation at Dunder-Mifflin Scranton because he didn't stay home and play for PSU or Pitt. Nobody will hire him because he's a traitor.

dunder-mifflin is a dying company anyway.

If Tillman stays with his commitment to the U, then he had better brace himself for the wrath of those dastardly Temple and Slippery Rock alums:rolleyes:

Where are you seeing the offers from Illinois and Wisconsin? Buried in a story? Neither Scout nor Rivals has it listed on Tillman's profile page.

Please Sir, this is not the venue to share candid observations or to juxtapose fact with reality.

So you're saying you don't want a guy with Illinois and Wisconsin offers?

Illinois the bottom feeder? Wisconsin? A few short months ago, everyone here was convinved that BB had driven the WI program into the ground. Today, a recruit having a WI offer is the gold standard for finding blue chips?

Let me have the honor beating the badger d-bags that post here to the punch:

Wisconsin cooled on him and has over 750 kids already at that position. Also, they have other kids that fit their system so they don't need him. Lastly, if he played Goalie for their hockey team, Howard would break him down and build him into a superstar who would stymie the Gophers just like Brian Elliot. :D

This one got me laughing. Good job!

When there's a lot of stars, star rating systems don't mean anything. When there are few stars (or the player has yet to be rated) this is a sign that there's big trouble in Dinkytown. Do I have that right?

He didn't have an Illinois or Wisconsin offer. It was a mistake by the GI mod.

In fact, MN is his only offer. Oh well, at least we are building that pipeline to Scranton CC!

For everyone jumping at the lack of "stars" or offers, chill out, they aren't giving him a scholarship based on where he's ranked, they are giving it to him based on his talents displayed.

Also I wouldn't downplay the pipeline aspect to all this. Lackwanna has a 2011 RB prospect that is supposedly the real deal, Terrance Kerns. 6'1'' 230 lb with speed.
Lackwanna has also produced 4 and 5 star players in the past for all you star chasers.

For everyone jumping at the lack of "stars" or offers, chill out, they aren't giving him a scholarship based on where he's ranked, they are giving it to him based on his talents displayed.

Also I wouldn't downplay the pipeline aspect to all this. Lackwanna has a 2011 RB prospect that is supposedly the real deal, Terrance Kerns. 6'1'' 230 lb with speed.
Lackwanna has also produced 4 and 5 star players in the past for all you star chasers.

I'm not chasing stars! My point is we have gone the CC/JUCO route and it has not worked out. For every Lawrence, we have seen 8 Hayo/Pittmans who had plenty of "stars."

Isn't this more of a Glen Mason recruiting philosophy?:eek:

Didn't someone say the Brew was gonna recruit at a 'different level'?

I'm not chasing stars! My point is we have gone the CC/JUCO route and it has not worked out. For every Lawrence, we have seen 8 Hayo/Pittmans who had plenty of "stars."

+
Wills
Simmons
Brock
Lawrence
McKinley

-
Carpenter
Pittman
Sharpe

You are wrong. Try harder.

+
Wills
Simmons
Brock
Lawrence
McKinley

-
Carpenter
Pittman
Sharpe

You are wrong. Try harder.

PITTMAN GOT HURT!!!!! How is that a failure? He came here with incredible quickness, got hurt, and never regained it. Carpenter has another year left. Give him a break. By my count, that leaves Sharpe as a dissapointment and even he played on special teams. Geez:cool:

Isn't this more of a Glen Mason recruiting philosophy?:eek:

Didn't someone say the Brew was gonna recruit at a 'different level'?

He has recruited at a different level, look at the athletes he's brought in, look at the speed he's brought to the program in just 2 recruiting classes. The results on the field need to improve, but to downplay recruiting success under Brewster is not honest.
On the other hand, unheralded/sleeper recruits are also a benchmark of good recruiters. Guys like Mitchell, Ragoo, Leinkiewicz, Legania, Tatum all have either proven themselves in summer camps or been found and identified before other programs take notice.
It's a best of both worlds situation in my mind, work to get the highly recruited guys from every state, but work to find the diamonds in the rough too. Establish trust with HS coaches and form pipelines to successful programs.

Wills & Simmons as pluses? Surely you jest? Brock flunked out.

I guess you missed the part where Wills started and played every game.

Simmons was 2nd-team all conference in 2008, regressed somewhat last year, but was still starting at the end of the season (and was still honorable mention).

Brock was our best defender in 2008. You're right, though, it's Brewster's responsibility to hold every player's hand, walk them to each class, and make sure they get their work done.

If your expectations for success are that each player comes in and makes first-team All-America, you're going to be left wanting.

You're not trying hard enough. Keep digging.

Wills & Simmons as pluses? Surely you jest? Brock flunked out.

Who would have been starting had Wills and Simmons not been recruited? Maybe Collado and ?
Do you remember Collado in 08 against NIU? Simmons stepped in and played lights out for most of 08, regressed a bit this year under a new scheme. Wills struggled early, but also was an upgrade to Wynn from 08.
Brock was a stud that obviously didn't take school seriously enough. Watch the 08 wisky game and tell me he wouldn't have helped at least slow the grinding running game that beat us this past year. His maturity and thirst for knowledge can be questioned but not his talent.
If we get JUCO contributions similar to Wills, Brock and Simmons out of Eyre, Thornton, Lewis, and Tillman we'll be sitting good. That would mean 4 day 1 starters that play 12 games at a solid level.
That's not even bringing in Lawrence and Mckinley who were not only solid, but high impact guys.

Who would have been starting had Wills and Simmons not been recruited? Maybe Collado and ?
Do you remember Collado in 08 against NIU? Simmons stepped in and played lights out for most of 08, regressed a bit this year under a new scheme. Wills struggled early, but also was an upgrade to Wynn from 08.
Brock was a stud that obviously didn't take school seriously enough. Watch the 08 wisky game and tell me he wouldn't have helped at least slow the grinding running game that beat us this past year. His maturity and thirst for knowledge can be questioned but not his talent.
If we get JUCO contributions similar to Wills, Brock and Simmons out of Eyre, Thornton, Lewis, and Tillman we'll be sitting good. That would mean 4 day 1 starters that play 12 games at a solid level.
That's not even bringing in Lawrence and Mckinley who were not only solid, but high impact guys.

Ole: this isn't a argument of facts or logic with this guy. What's the point. Take a look at his posts. He's either a troll of the first order or he considers Hauenstein and Corn Flakes the breakfast of Champions...

I haven't had a beer in 25 years, but I can still taste the last Hauenstein I had. The aftertaste still lingers.

Top Bottom