Seth Green and Kyler Murray

fmlizard

Reaction score
True or False? When Seth Green bailed down to Allen, Texas for Senior year and then didn’t even start, he sat behind Kyler Murray.

I noticed today they went to the same HS and are about the same age so it would add up.

Green's dad got a job in Dallas area. Using the term "bailed" is a bit harsh.

He split time his lone season at Allen with Mitchell Jonke, who was a junior at the time but was well versed in the Allen system.

Jonke is now at a QB at Brown University, having played sparingly thus far. He was a 247 composite low 3 star coming out of HS.

I love Seth Green. He makes our entire team better and I thought he showed great leadership.

Green's dad got a job in Dallas area. Using the term "bailed" is a bit harsh.

He split time his lone season at Allen with Mitchell Jonke, who was a junior at the time but was well versed in the Allen system.

Jonke is now at a QB at Brown University, having played sparingly thus far. He was a 247 composite low 3 star coming out of HS.

I didn’t know he had family reasons to move. I thought he just went to TX because he thought MN HS football sucked and he wanted to go somewhere better than Minn but ended up here when Oregon dropped him.

I didn’t know he had family reasons to move. I thought he just went to TX because he thought MN HS football sucked and he wanted to go somewhere better than Minn but ended up here when Oregon dropped him.

Well, now you know. Technically, he de-committed.

Last edited:

I love Seth Green. He makes our entire team better and I thought he showed great leadership.

YES!

Seth has handled everything — from the scandal to the coaching change to the position change — with composure, class and maturity.

He was a huge contributor to this team last season. And the staff deserve a lot of credit for finding ways to get him involved and on the field at key moments.

YES!

Seth has handled everything — from the scandal to the coaching change to the position change — with composure, class and maturity.

He was a huge contributor to this team last season. And the staff deserve a lot of credit for finding ways to get him involved and on the field at key moments.

Big time YES!

YES!

I agree wholeheartedly.

I agree wholeheartedly.

This may sound silly but I think once Seth totally believes in himself or is totally confident in himself he will become an even better football player.

YES!

Hit the nail on the head!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may sound silly but I think once Seth totally believes in himself or is totally confident in himself he will become an even better football player.

Reports from practice have hinted that Seth is not only the best short yardage running QB I've ever seen but an athletic receiver with good hands. The somewhat comical 'Don't throw it to stone hands' situation a few years back with a workout wonder makes me consider how valid those assessments are but Seth seems legitimately athletic and if he's a good receiver and blocker that seems like his future role in the NFL. This team has a plethora of offensive weapons...ridiculous really.

Seth's greatest accomplishment is his maturation. He never lacked talent. He just needed to channel himself in the right direction where he can contribute and become a team player and leader. Kudos to PJ Fleck for nudging Seth. I wouldn't doubt that he ends up playing in the Pros.

Seth's greatest accomplishment is his maturation. He never lacked talent. He just needed to channel himself in the right direction where he can contribute and become a team player and leader. Kudos to PJ Fleck for nudging Seth. I wouldn't doubt that he ends up playing in the Pros.

Well, he's only a junior. Two more seasons with this up-and-coming young team and this creative coaching staff. He just might accomplish some big, big things.

When was Seth immature?
When did he channel himself in the wrong direction?

Not sure what you mean here, never seen anything that would tell me this was an issue. If anything, it took the staff too long to ID what they have in him. I'd say he's been very patient.

Not sure what you mean here, never seen anything that would tell me this was an issue. If anything, it took the staff too long to ID what they have in him. I'd say he's been very patient.

Between being asked to change positions and then being dragged into “the scandal” of which he was cleared of all wrong-doing (by a group determined to do damage) I would say he has faced more adversity than most - and done so maturely while channeling everything in the right direction.

Kudos to Seth Green who needed no “nudging”.

Seth seems to be mature enough to recognize that if maybe full starter QB isn't the place that he could do better elsewhere and rather than bolt to play QB elsewhere (granted I'd understand doing that) he has chosen to do the best he can where he is.

Kudos to to the staff for making that work too. Seth isn't out there like a full time QB would be, but the crowd is always excited when he is.

Between being asked to change positions and then being dragged into “the scandal” of which he was cleared of all wrong-doing (by a group determined to do damage) I would say he has faced more adversity than most - and done so maturely while channeling everything in the right direction.

Kudos to Seth Green who needed no “nudging”.

Agreed. And I'm not a fan of the wildcat normally, but I loved how we used it last year and how well Seth executed it.

I have a strong feeling Seth will have a bigger role this year at both QB and WR. I look for Fleck to push the envelop on how to use him.

Still looking for examples of where SG17 was immature, channeling himself in the wrong direction, or not being a team player as you implied here.

Still looking for examples of where SG17 was immature, channeling himself in the wrong direction, or not being a team player as you implied here.

Fleck didn't recruit him. Isn't that enough?

Thank you for calling it like you see it. That toxic culture takes the magic wand of PJ Fleck to rub off every player apparently.

Top Bottom