***OFFICIAL ALABAMA VS MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Don't worry about anything that happened once the 4 on 5 started. From then on out it was an anomaly. A big positive from all this is our guys did NOT run onto the court.

This would have been a big win.

Still was. Sexton was AMAZING. Dude was unstoppable, all by himself. With Mason and Murphy (later) out, we were without our two best players.

5v5, the Gophers were the better team, period.

In those weird circumstances, I don't think anyone could be prepared for Alabama not being able to miss a shot once they went down to 3 players. The stupid part for the Gophers was that they refused to attack the rim 5 v 3, and stopped offensive rebounding as well.

That said, how do you prepare for something like that? Clearly the Gophers were rattled that Alabama stayed in that game. If the fans were nervous, imagine what the players felt like.

Should have pressed and crushed their throats. Now people are just going to talk about how they outscored us 5 on 3, instead of MN dominating most of the first 30 min

What a gong show.

Complete and utter gong show.

First the technicals by our team, then Alabama's idiocy that loses them their whole bench and one of the last five. And to top it off, we completely let up to let them back in playing 5 on 3.

With that said, I really felt the guys were the better team by a bunch based on the actual 5-on-5 play. So, you take that and forget the rest of this
bizarre mess.

I am completely disgusted. Terrible basketball, terrible coaching, terrible everything.

We deserved to lose. The fact that we let them outscore us 5 on 3 is shameful.

IMO - this is on the ref's who did not manage to set the tone or calm everyone down.

Feels like a loss...don't deserve to move up in rankings. Mason needs to be benched for start of next game, senior leader??!

We owned them. Ref screwed that up. Mason got the Freshman to bump him. Ref also T'd Mason, should not have happened after Sexton contact.

That is what good players do.

We owned them even-up. From that point on, it was a freakshow. I agree that Washington doesn't look to be very in control right now, and his inability to guard Sexton and his shot selection was what let them get back into it. But I'm not at all concerned. Straight up, we handled a top 25 team for 30 minutes. The last ten minutes are meaningless. On to Miami.

Would have been a nice blowout win instead it turned into a **** show.. Nate should know better and Isaiah could be a good player but he’s not right now and he needs to learn to play smarter pitino has his work cutout for him

I am furious right now. WHAT THE F WAS THAT PITINO? You have a 5-3 advantage and get outscored? Why was Lynch not playing in the game? Why did you allow the team to #%@ around on offense and lazily pass the ball around the perimeter until someone randomly decides to put up a half hearted jumper? STEP ON THEIR THROATS...and then do the classy thing and drain the clock. I didn't think there was any chance that I could be more embarrassed by Gopher Basketball than Gopher Football today, but they came awfully close to letting the literally impossible happen.

Of course the narrative of this game completely changes from a national perspective now. This should have been viewed as a blowout that was made to look close for a brief moment in time due to the 3 Minnesota technicals (inexcusable by Mason to pick up the 2nd btw), but instead it will be viewed as a lucky Minnesota win due to the absolutely inept performance by the players and the coaching staff once Alabama was down to 4, then 3 players.

Very disappointed in what I saw from this program in all areas after halftime. There is simply no excuse.

Should have pressed and crushed their throats. Now people are just going to talk about how they outscored us 5 on 3, instead of MN dominating most of the first 30 min

A win is a win is a win. Don't worry about what everyone else was talking about the selection committee will only see that we beat alabama.

What is your take? I don't think you watched it or are observant enough... go count all the bricks Washington threw up.

Everyone else was throwing up bricks other than Mason and Murphy... Why don't you target the other guys horrible shooting too???

We owned them. Ref screwed that up. Mason got the Freshman to bump him. Ref also T'd Mason, should not have happened after Sexton contact.

That is what good players do.

Dude Mason getting tossed was 100% correct, you can't debate that. Just a bonehead move by your senior captain

Good lord people let's calm down. The Gophers were the better team 5 on 5. They were clearly rattled by the 5 on 3 thing and played terribly but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they're not going to spend any practice time on their 5 on 3 offense. People are going to get jokes off about it as they should but it really doesn't matter.

That said, Mason just needs to be smarter. That's a fair criticism.

Everyone else was throwing up bricks other than Mason and Murphy... Why don't you target the other guys horrible shooting too???

I guess you didn't count how many he had in a row huh? There was a stretch there where he threw up like 5 or 6 bricks in a row. He was trying to be a hero and almost cost the team.

Wait, they lost? Twitter says they’re 7-0?

Yeah, but that is not the narrative taken away from this game. We outplayed them 5 on 5, but this game will be looked at nationally with an asterisk bigger than what happened before the ejections.

I walk away from this game feeling like we are a great team, but that doesn't change the narrative.

I am furious right now. WHAT THE F WAS THAT PITINO? You have a 5-3 advantage and get outscored? Why was Lynch not playing in the game? Why did you allow the team to #%@ around on offense and lazily pass the ball around the perimeter until someone randomly decides to put up a half hearted jumper? STEP ON THEIR THROATS...and then do the classy thing and drain the clock. I didn't think there was any chance that I could be more embarrassed by Gopher Basketball than Gopher Football today, but they came awfully close to letting the literally impossible happen.

Of course the narrative of this game completely changes from a national perspective now. This should have been viewed as a blowout that was made to look close for a brief moment in time due to the 3 Minnesota technicals (inexcusable by Mason to pick up the 2nd btw), but instead it will be viewed as a lucky Minnesota win due to the absolutely inept performance by the players and the coaching staff once Alabama was down to 4, then 3 players.

Very disappointed in what I saw from this program in all areas after halftime. There is simply no excuse.

I agree with that you, narrative with this program changed today. Goodwill from good start is gone

Judas Effen Mother Mary!! The last 15 minutes of this game was a **** show. Pitino should run suicides for the next 15 practices.

Wow, some people, EG #9, need to calm down. Who cares the point spread when you're playing top 25 v top 25.

Exactly. First Mason needs to act like a leader as his part in this was ridiculous. Then why we do not just feed the post and keep Murphy in there until we go up by 20 points. An embarrassing outing on both sides. The refs lost control and I hope somebody suggests they find new jobs. One of the most bizarre games I've ever watched.

Anybody drawing conclusions on individual play should stop and take ten deep breaths. Then leave your computer for a couple hours,.

Stop making this into something it isn't. They went cold for a bit because they were no longer playing a major college BBall game. It was a "Sideshow in Brooklyn."

Still was. Sexton was AMAZING. Dude was unstoppable, all by himself. With Mason and Murphy (later) out, we were without our two best players.

5v5, the Gophers were the better team, period.

In those weird circumstances, I don't think anyone could be prepared for Alabama not being able to miss a shot once they went down to 3 players. The stupid part for the Gophers was that they refused to attack the rim 5 v 3, and stopped offensive rebounding as well.

That said, how do you prepare for something like that? Clearly the Gophers were rattled that Alabama stayed in that game. If the fans were nervous, imagine what the players felt like.

I agree 100%. Anyone who says this team didn't show how good they are in the first 30 minutes is out of their minds. However, I'm thinking from a national perception perspective - the optics aren't going to be what they should be.

Yeah, but that is not the narrative taken away from this game. We outplayed them 5 on 5, but this game will be looked at nationally with an asterisk bigger than what happened before the ejections.

I walk away from this game feeling like we are a great team, but that doesn't change the narrative.

Won't matter. It's a win in the RPI.

We led almost the entire game by double digits. To take that away because we didn't act like jerks and press 5 on 3 is silly. Yes this win will have an asterisk and that's too bad. But we also shouldn't be on the bubble so it doesn't matter.

The optics are bad but there's really no practical reason to care about that. Let people get their jokes off and just keep winning.

Well that was just weird. Feel like Pitino just wanted to get it over as quickly as possible.

This. People need to calm the **** down. After going 3 on 5, the objective was to end the game as quickly as possible and get out of there with a win. No injuries. No stupidity.

Top Bottom