Questions

My comment regarding 10 linemen healthy enough to do walk throughs at every practice in full equipment is the same thing swingman is talking about. The disingenuous nature of PJ. There was no tackling in the spring game at WMU under PJ, by his choice. If they didn't tackle in the spring game, how often did they tackle in the other 14 practices? It's his philosophy to keep people healthy..it's how he coaches spring ball. To whine incessantly every day about the inability to now tackle 11 on 11 in spring ball at Minnesota is BS.

My comment regarding 10 linemen healthy enough to do walk throughs at every practice in full equipment is the same thing swingman is talking about. The disingenuous nature of PJ. There was no tackling in the spring game at WMU under PJ, by his choice. If they didn't tackle in the spring game, how often did they tackle in the other 14 practices? It's his philosophy to keep people healthy..it's how he coaches spring ball. To whine incessantly every day about the inability to now tackle 11 on 11 in spring ball at Minnesota is BS.

You do know it's possible to scrimmage without tackling people to the ground right? They go full on blocking but pin the hip when it comes to tackling people I would assume. He's not whining about tackling he's whining because they can't run 11 vs 11 full speed team sessions. If you're going to complain about something at least know what you're talking about.

And out of 80 guys available, 58 who are standing idle, you couldn't find one elite volunteer to be a guard allowing you to run the drill? Recruit one grad assistant to suit up or somehow be "creative" enough to move forward with the plan, IF it really was what you wanted to do????

And out of 80 guys available, 58 who are standing idle, you couldn't find one elite volunteer to be a guard allowing you to run the drill? Recruit one grad assistant to suit up or somehow be "creative" enough to move forward with the plan, IF it really was what you wanted to do????

Yeah suit up a graduate assistant to block Steven Richardson sounds like a great idea. I don't get why you aren't a coach.

And of course you can't break it down to just run the left side with a center, guard and tackle at that side and then run left and then do the same thing on the right side. The idea of practice is to make it harder than the game. The defense has the advantage because they know where you are going. Make it work is my point. Stop whining. Stop making excuses.

Yeah suit up a graduate assistant to block Steven Richardson sounds like a great idea. I don't get why you aren't a coach.

Find a solution. You telling me there are no recently graduated offensive linemen who wouldn't love to mix it up? That's just one idea in 60 seconds...we can come up with 20 more in 10 minutes if we really wanted to do this is the point.

And of course you can't break it down to just run the left side with a center, guard and tackle at that side and then run left and then do the same thing on the right side. The idea of practice is to make it harder than the game. The defense has the advantage because they know where you are going. Make it work is my point. Stop whining. Stop making excuses.

Eating difficult conversations for breakfast must not apply to how to run a practice with limited players

Where did I say they had to run 11 on 11? This would be an example of the troll definition that was stated in the Claeys vs. Fleck thread and you asked where you have done something like that.

Eating difficult conversations for breakfast must not apply to how to run a practice with limited players

Running 11v11 with 10 players on offense is quite the equation. You guys should be d1 head coaches.

Where did I say they had to run 11 on 11? This would be an example of the troll definition that was stated in the Claeys vs. Fleck thread and you asked where you have done something like that.

You're acting like he literally hasn't said what he's done because he didn't have 5 o lineman one day. Did they not practice that day? Or does that not count as a practice?

Find a solution. You telling me there are no recently graduated offensive linemen who wouldn't love to mix it up? That's just one idea in 60 seconds...we can come up with 20 more in 10 minutes if we really wanted to do this is the point.

His solution was to not do 11 vs 11 that day?

You really do have no idea about coaching. Limited players (maybe it's easier for you in basketball?) means you got two point guards on your team. Both are hurt. You gonna cancel practice and forfeit games? Limited players is 80 guys but only 4 healthy offensive linemen so you plug someone else in to be the 11th so you can practice. You figure it out. You play the hand you are dealt. Whining as a coach gives the players license to whine and make excuses about why they couldn't make the block or tackle or carry out their assignment.

Who's whining? Have they cancelled a practice? Should he not talk about the o line situation to the media? They've adjusted because they have limited o lineman like he states in literally every interview.

Running 11v11 with 10 players on offense is quite the equation. You guys should be d1 head coaches.

You really do have no idea about coaching. Limited players (maybe it's easier for you in basketball?) means you got two point guards on your team. Both are hurt. You gonna cancel practice and forfeit games? Limited players is 80 guys but only 4 healthy offensive linemen so you plug someone else in to be the 11th so you can practice. You figure it out. You play the hand you are dealt. Whining as a coach gives the players license to whine and make excuses about why they couldn't make the block or tackle or carry out their assignment.

Who's whining? Have they cancelled a practice? Should he not talk about the o line situation to the media? They've adjusted because they have limited o lineman like he states in literally every interview.

Say it once and move on, that is the point. Figure out a way to do things in a different way. It's not that hard. Don't keep beating a dead horse. Deal with it, eat the difficult conversation and come up with a plan.

Say it once and move on, that is the point. Figure out a way to do things in a different way. It's not that hard. Don't keep beating a dead horse. Deal with it, eat the difficult conversation and come up with a plan.

Alright so now we're complaining that he talks about the oline situation he has to adjust to every practice. Just state you don't like him but don't come up with BS reasons to attack him like him not having a plan for practices. He holds practices every day scheduled and quite clearly has a plan to practice because he hasn't cancelled a practice.

Lol, yeah play a few guys at a position they have no business playing, and won't be playing in the future. Especially when we are still 4.5 months away from game 1. Sounds like a great way to help their development at the position they came here to play. Also sounds like a great way to get more people hurt. Comparing basketball to football is ridiculous.

Good point. Alabama has practiced with former players haven't they? Grad school carrot?

Lol, yeah play a few guys at a position they have no business playing, and won't be playing in the future. Especially when we are still 4.5 months away from game 1. Sounds like a great way to help their development at the position they came here to play. Also sounds like a great way to get more people hurt. Comparing basketball to football is ridiculous.

+1

Alright so now we're complaining that he talks about the oline situation he has to adjust to every practice. Just state you don't like him but don't come up with BS reasons to attack him like him not having a plan for practices. He holds practices every day scheduled and quite clearly has a plan to practice because he hasn't cancelled a practice.

Go back and look and find a post of mine where I have stated I don't like PJF. Not attacking him just stating an opinion. I like most of what he has done so far. I however, do not think he is perfect. There are some inconsistencies in his messages and I am pointing some of those out as any fan of the program would do, no matter who the coach is!
I will say this again. Talk about the oline situation, but it doesn't need to be stated every single time he addresses the media.
Make a plan, figure out what you are going to do and move on with it. Which I believe he has done, except for the moving on part.
I was at the first open practice and really like what I saw and how they did things to accommodate the lack of O-line.

Go back and look and find a post of mine where I have stated I don't like PJF. Not attacking him just stating an opinion. I like most of what he has done so far. I however, do not think he is perfect. There are some inconsistencies in his messages and I am pointing some of those out as any fan of the program would do, no matter who the coach is!
I will say this again. Talk about the oline situation, but it doesn't need to be stated every single time he addresses the media.
Make a plan, figure out what you are going to do and move on with it. Which I believe he has done, except for the moving on part.
I was at the first open practice and really like what I saw and how they did things to accommodate the lack of O-line.

My understanding was and is that Jesus Christ is the perfect being. Then after a couple of years on GH I found out he couldn't pick up the Roman blitz and didn't study film enough. Who knew?

Ya, stands to reason that'd be over your head. Basketball team has 10-15 people. Football team has 120 when all are onboard. 40 of them are never going to see the field and would love to help in any way possible. Standing on the sideline watching will get them noticed by the coaches, right? You are right, it's better for your purposes to hear every day we don't have enough healthy linemen to go 11 on 11. How about a blocking dummy held by this guy to even things out? "great way to get people hurt" You are missing my point! If PJ really wanted to go 11 on 11 he would. Instead he's blustering for sympathy that he can't. "He sacrificed for his kids. He took a major pay cut." All the same poor me stuff.

You must have really disliked Kill when he got here. He seemingly beat media members over the head about lack of depth, kids not going to class, general culture etc for at least the first two seasons here. Maybe it was his folksy way of delivering that message that didn't offend our fragile Minnesota psyche.

But there were things that Kill brought up every time he spoke. It irks me when people get upset with Fleck about it and dismiss when Kill did it here. To be fair to both Kill and Fleck, they were/are both constantly being asked about those situations also by the media.

So you talk about how he is inconsistent in his messages, but then you think he should make up a different response when he's asked the same questions over and over again. I think there are some inconsistencies in your messages.

We're really seeing a war of attrition between the country's most positive coach & college football's most jaded fan base playing out lately. I think the "change in culture", that makes so many people's eyes roll, is most needed by many in our cynical fan base.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You must have really disliked Kill when he got here. He seemingly beat media members over the head about lack of depth, kids not going to class, general culture etc for at least the first two seasons here. Maybe it was his folksy way of delivering that message that didn't offend our fragile Minnesota psyche.

But there were things that Kill brought up every time he spoke. It irks me when people get upset with Fleck about it and dismiss when Kill did it here. To be fair to both Kill and Fleck, they were/are both constantly being asked about those situations also by the media.

Wasn't on this board when Kill took over. Recall him saying things and when he said it over and over again I had a problem with it.

So you talk about how he is inconsistent in his messages, but then you think he should make up a different response when he's asked the same questions over and over again. I think there are some inconsistencies in your messages.

None at all. I would think PJF would be tired of answering the same question over and over again. Move on to the next question. No need to answer what he as already answered, especially if he has done it more than a couple times. He can't change what is going on with his O-Line right now. Why continue to talk about it?

So if he is asked the same question every single time he meets the press, he should answer it every single time?
Why not say, I've addressed that situation, who has a different question

So if he is asked the same question every single time he meets the press, he should answer it every single time?
Why not say, I've addressed that situation, who has a different question

I would say that is up to Coach Fleck. If he wants to address it, he can. To me, it seems like the OL situation is fluid and changes daily as far as if they have enough to practice or not. That seems to be what is being asked a lot at these, so it doesn't really bother me all that much. He is giving 10-15 minute interviews for all media to gather after almost every spring practice. I don't recall that from last season.

Ya, stands to reason that'd be over your head. Basketball team has 10-15 people. Football team has 120 when all are onboard. 40 of them are never going to see the field and would love to help in any way possible. Standing on the sideline watching will get them noticed by the coaches, right? You are right, it's better for your purposes to hear every day we don't have enough healthy linemen to go 11 on 11. How about a blocking dummy held by this guy to even things out? "great way to get people hurt" You are missing my point! If PJ really wanted to go 11 on 11 he would. Instead he's blustering for sympathy that he can't. "He sacrificed for his kids. He took a major pay cut." All the same poor me stuff.

I really hope you weren't a fan of Kill when he took over if you're complaing that Fleck talks about not having enough lineman to do team drills.

Top Bottom