Jerry Kill: "This year should be the best that Minnesota has had."

Someone was just telling me on here yesterday that PJF was going to change the OL injury culture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new 'injury proof' strength and conditioning program hasn't had a chance to take effect yet, just wait until the fall. It's going to be ELITE!!!

Someone was just telling me on here yesterday that PJF was going to change the OL injury culture.

There's 5 in general because of the goldmine left for Fleck.

The limit must be 2 or 3 then cuz your crush had 2 expelled under his supervision at WMU. Even the police agreed they did something illegal so maybe those should count more? If Fleck has 2 more players expelled here can I assume you will be calling for his head?

That's fake news Spoofin they were suspended for a day and then kicked off the team, 0 were expelled. Sad for you to make things up! Taking after your idol and quitter Kill I see. :cool:

He married current Ms Fleck less than a year after his divorce. His former wife is left to raise the children and recreate her career.
As for the sorrow of losing children, I know how hard that is and understand how much work a marriage takes when loved ones die. Fleck is not alone in dealing with such grief. But, I can say that a person works through it with your spouse and you counsel your way along the path, together. The easy way is to leave and it is the opposite of family..."Forget about me, I love you." Until Fleck can live it in his own life, he should stop saying it as a platitude. It makes him a hypocrite.

Hey more assumptions without any facts from you so surprising.

That's fake news Spoofin they were suspended for a day and then kicked off the team, 0 were expelled. Sad for you to make things up! Taking after your idol and quitter Kill I see. :cool:

Do you even buy the crap you spew? Seriously man, you are such a treasure.

Hey more assumptions without any facts from you so surprising.
I'm not assuming that Fleck married less than a year after his divorce. I'm not assuming that Fleck uses the acronym FAMILY, but doesn't forget about himself.
It would be best if Coach Fleck just went and coached the Gophers to wins and left his platitudes to himself. He is a hypocrite when he spews them out without living them out. That's not an assumption, that's being honest.

Do you even buy the crap you spew? Seriously man, you are such a treasure.

You said they were expelled I corrected you and I'm the one spewing crap....

He married current Ms Fleck less than a year after his divorce. His former wife is left to raise the children and recreate her career.
As for the sorrow of losing children, I know how hard that is and understand how much work a marriage takes when loved ones die. Fleck is not alone in dealing with such grief. But, I can say that a person works through it with your spouse and you counsel your way along the path, together. The easy way is to leave and it is the opposite of family..."Forget about me, I love you." Until Fleck can live it in his own life, he should stop saying it as a platitude. It makes him a hypocrite.

You're really showing what a piece of sh!t you are by attacking Fleck in this manner. I'm astounded you continue to go on and on about this. Getting divorced does not make him a hypocrite in the least, you're simply wrong on that. You don't know the man or what kind of husband or father he is. Just stfu about his previous marriage not surviving the loss of a child. You crossed the line on this a long time ago yet you keep going and I'm tired of it. You should get banned for this crap.

You're really showing what a piece of sh!t you are by attacking Fleck in this manner. I'm astounded you continue to go on and on about this. Getting divorced does not make him a hypocrite in the least, you're simply wrong on that. You don't know the man or what kind of husband or father he is. Just stfu about his previous marriage not surviving the loss of a child. You crossed the line on this a long time ago yet you keep going and I'm tired of it. You should get banned for this crap.
beatles, Fleck opens himself up to this scrutiny by spewing platitudes he should keep to himself.
My disgust with Fleck's methods in no way translate to me not wanting the Gophers to win football games with Fleck as the head coach. I agree with Kill that Fleck walked into a gold mine that should enable him to be successful this year.

Is the sky falling or is the mountain rising?

Kill said the mountain was rising. Fleck says the sky was falling before he got here.

I believe Kill has the more accurate perspective.

I'm also kind of surprised the mods haven't dealt with this. He's gotten very personal, for seemingly no other reason then to instigate certain posters.

I'm not the one lying and making things up for a 55 year old quitter.

Lying and making things up is a bit of a stretch. As the GH expert on making up lies, you should know that. You are right, they were not expelled - my memory didn't recall that nuance. They were only suspended and left WMU before they could have been expelled. Safe to say they would have been expelled since they were caught red-handed, one has already plead guilty, and the other has already been arrested and sentenced for choking a Woman since.

Quite the duo for PJF. However, in your World TC is responsible for something that wasn't even proven to have happened and PJF isn't for something that did because in one case the kids stuck around to fight for their name to the point they were expelled and in the other that would have been futile. It does fit your narrative so there is that.

But you are right, 4-0, and no expulsion. Such a good point and doesn't misrepresent the situation at all. Thanks for your contributions and for keeping me honest JB.

But you are right, 4-0, and no expulsion. Such a good point and doesn't misrepresent the situation at all. Thanks for your contributions and for keeping me honest JB.

I know it doesn't I'm all about facts Spoofin.

He left after he finished their best season ever and took a 3.5 million dollar salary. Even finished the bowl game unlike a certain someone. Good try though.

He quit Western Michigan, quit for a better opportunity, but he still quit. What difference does it make that it was after their best season ever? Your boy quit.

He quit Western Michigan, quit for a better opportunity, but he still quit. What difference does it make that it was after their best season ever? Your boy quit.

At least he didn't quit mid season or before a bowl game. #elite :cool:

Of course he is judging how they turned out. Cupboard is bare means your roster sucks, the walk ons suck, the underclassmen suck. If you have a bunch of guys you can mold into solid players then that goes against the whole cupboard was bare argument. Just cause you don't walk into 22 returning polished starters doesn't mean you inherited a disaster. And if Morse and Weber turn out like Hill and Barker then yeah, you can say wow Fleck inherited some talented walk ons. You still have to go out and find your walk ons and get them to come to your school, they aren't just scratch off lotto tickets.

Of course you judge it by the entire roster. I'm not saying that you shouldn't.

If you read my last sentence, I said that the proper way to judge the roster that Claeys left Fleck would be in 5 years. I wasn't saying that those walk-ons don't count, I am just saying that CURRENTLY we have no way to judge the underclassmen that Claeys left Fleck.

The reality is that both coaches should get credit for a lot of these players (Brew for bringing them in and Kill for developing them). I'll say the same thing for underclassmen that end up emerging for Fleck, part of their eventual success will be attributed to Fleck.

I know what the cupboard is bare means, I am just saying that it is impossible to judge how much was left for Fleck at this point because we those unheralded walk-ons and inexperienced underclassmen have not developed yet.

I know you Fleckophiles like to get really pissy when anything is said that could be perceived as an insult to your man crush, but again, I wasn't insulting him. But re-read what I said, I don't think it's an unfair point.

He left after he finished their best season ever and took a 3.5 million dollar salary. Even finished the bowl game unlike a certain someone. Good try though.

So quitting for money is good but quitting because of health is bad. Gotcha.

I know you Fleckophiles like to get really pissy when anything is said that could be perceived as an insult to your man crush, but again, I wasn't insulting him. But re-read what I said, I don't think it's an unfair point.

What do we call you guys who still cry about Kill and Claeys?

Shocking that the nuance of my post was AGAIN lost on you. Quick, I think someone is making fun of your man crush on the Western Michigan board, go defend his honor.

The irony is that you're doing the same thing for people who are no longer apart of the Gophers. Really weird maybe you should become a fan of Buttgers and Northwest Kansas State.

Which of the ten aren't any good? Ryan Just the transfer from RCTC? We can't find 6-8 guys that can play out of that group? Looks like a pretty good group to me. You disagree?

We started 6 foot 2 260 pound Matt Leidner in the Holiday bowl and he did ok. We have a "cake walk" early slate. If we need to insert Andries or Schmitz later due to injuries then so be it.

I didn't say any of them individually "aren't any good". I said the OL as a group, isn't looking good. I haven't read, heard or spoken to a single person who thinks otherwise. If we suffer no injuries this season we should be, adequate.

The three returning starters are ok. Calhoun is ok, Wright is ok, Green is ok. None of them were upper echelon in the conference. Granted they had injury problems, maybe that slowed them down, but none of them would start for a top team in our conference. Jared Weyler has some experience & looked promising, but again, no one is projecting him to be an all-conference type of player. That's four upper-classmen with game experience.

None of Connely, Dovich or Oselund looked very good last year. All have potential, but thus far, that's all we have to go on. The coaches like Connely's frame & potential, but ideally he'd get to watch for another season.

Sounds like Connor Olsen is a stud, but he's a Freshman playing OL in the B1G. Schlueter may be ok too, but again he's be a Freshman playing OL in the B1G. If we have to throw any of the true Freshmen into the mix we're in worse shape still.

I'm not trying to bash the team, I just don't see how this group, when healthy is anything above adequate. Factor in the inevitable injuries/lack of depth & this group scares me.

Top Bottom