Shooter: Cleays isn’t doing well since his controversial dismissal, moving to Kansas

I don't feel bad for people with lots of money who get themselves fired.

Is going 9 - 4 in your first season as a head coach with no support from an inept administration "getting yourself fired?"

Is going 9 - 4 in your first season as a head coach with no support from an inept administration "getting yourself fired?"

Then if Tracy is such a great head coach and got screwed he should have no problem landing a P5 head coaching job from a 'capable administration'

Then if Tracy is such a great head coach and got screwed he should have no problem landing a P5 head coaching job from a 'capable administration'

From the guy that can't figure out that Coyle is a lying snake.

We shall see where he ends up. Wherever that is, I will be rooting for him. The role he and the previous coaching staff played in taking this program from an utter laughingstock to "which bowl game should we make next year" is insanely disrespected. And the way he and the rest of them were shown the door is an embarrassment to our athletic department. That said, I hope coach Fleck is able to take us to the next level and will also be rooting for him.

From the guy that can't figure out that Coyle is a lying snake.

Absolutely has nothing to do with what I said. If you want to be mad at Coyle, you should also be mad at every other P5 AD who won't hire Claeys as a head coach.

If you call your direct boss and his boss lying to get you fired getting himself fired you are an idiot.

No one lied anymore than Claeys did he got himself fired. If he's a good coach he'll find work with a great AD and President really soon.

Delusional

So, if we all had money we'd be happy...pretty sure that's not reality. Betcha 100% Tracy could care less about money. He loves coaching. He loves helping people. It's his gift. He's good at it. Not being appreciated and recognized for doing the right thing is difficult to deal with. Hopefully, he coaches again, but I am confident the way he was portrayed this hurt deeply. It's easy to say life isn't fair and you're a big boy but then reality and grieving set in. Gonna take some time I'm guessing.

We shall see where he ends up. Wherever that is, I will be rooting for him. The role he and the previous coaching staff played in taking this program from an utter laughingstock to "which bowl game should we make next year" is insanely disrespected. And the way he and the rest of them were shown the door is an embarrassment to our athletic department. That said, I hope coach Fleck is able to take us to the next level and will also be rooting for him.

For everything that can be argued, the point above can not be argued by anyone. We are better off now than we were because of Claeys/Kill and staff. Period. You think the Fleck of today would have taken the job after Brewster? Not just no, but hell naww! If I knew Claeys email I'd wish him luck, and thank him for turning our program around.

So, if we all had money we'd be happy...pretty sure that's not reality. Betcha 100% Tracy could care less about money. He loves coaching. He loves helping people. It's his gift. He's good at it. Not being appreciated and recognized for doing the right thing is difficult to deal with. Hopefully, he coaches again, but I am confident the way he was portrayed this hurt deeply. It's easy to say life isn't fair and you're a big boy but then reality and grieving set in. Gonna take some time I'm guessing.

Spot on. Coaching football seems to be everything to TC. Not getting to do that, and the way our administration kicked him in the ass on the way out the door is probably the worst thing that could happen to a guy like TC. Laugh it off by saying he's got his money and can go someplace else if you want to be a despicable person.

He'll land on his feet. I just hope he doesn't land on someone else's feet. Hope he doesn't put on the feed bag to ease his pain. Just a guess, but you might see him at RUTGERS next year. He'll be back. He is a very good DC.

TC is a very loyal person. When the organization you were loyal to turns out to be devious and openly demean you while unceremoniously firing you, it causes pain. It's like being told your dad just died when he had been very healthy. Gotta give TC some time to grieve. When he's ready he can come back and tear up offenses again.

I understand why people think TC got the shaft, but that is the football coaching business. If the Gophers had lost to Rutgers and Oregon St to finish 6-6 with a lower tier bowl, a lot less posters would be sticking up for him. Not b/c he'd be perceived as any less of a decent person, but b/c he didn't win enough games.
There was little compassion for Limegrover and Zebrowski upon their dismissal by TC last year. Why were their dismissals so matter of factly accepted? B/c fans blamed them for the team's shortcomings. Few expressed their compassion for their firing by TC. Btw, did anyone feel that Mitch had a better year in 2016 than he did in 2015? Did TC and Johnson get blamed for that, b/c Limegrover and Zebroski sure seemed to previously.
TC fired 2 coaches last year and didn't bat an eye that his coaching associates and their families lost their jobs, and were forced to find new situations. As it turned out, TC did Limegrover a big favor by pushing him out to land on his feet at Penn St.
It's hard for me to have much sympathy for someone who got the same fate that he issued to his associates the previous year. I'm sure TC felt that is a fact of the coaching profession, and I would agree with him. It's a tough business that he chose.

I understand why people think TC got the shaft, but that is the football coaching business. If the Gophers had lost to Rutgers and Oregon St to finish 6-6 with a lower tier bowl, a lot less posters would be sticking up for him. Not b/c he'd be perceived as any less of a decent person, but b/c he didn't win enough games.
There was little compassion for Limegrover and Zebrowski upon their dismissal by TC last year. Why were their dismissals so matter of factly accepted? B/c fans blamed them for the team's shortcomings. Few expressed their compassion for their firing by TC. Btw, did anyone feel that Mitch had a better year in 2016 than he did in 2015? Did TC and Johnson get blamed for that, b/c Limegrover and Zebroski sure seemed to previously.
TC fired 2 coaches last year and didn't bat an eye that his coaching associates and their families lost their jobs, and were forced to find new situations. As it turned out, TC did Limegrover a big favor by pushing him out to land on his feet at Penn St.
It's hard for me to have much sympathy for someone who got the same fate that he issued to his associates the previous year. I'm sure TC felt that is a fact of the coaching profession, and I would agree with him. It's a tough business that he chose.

Only slightly less lame than the "don't feel badly for him because he has a lot of money" argument.

Absolutely has nothing to do with what I said. If you want to be mad at Coyle, you should also be mad at every other P5 AD who won't hire Claeys as a head coach.

Your protection of the methods used by Coyle and Kaler tell a story about you weather guy. Not pretty.

And I am not mad at coyle. I simply cant tolerate lies and incompetence.

Your protection of the methods used by Coyle and Kaler tell a story about you weather guy. Not pretty.

And I am not mad at coyle. I simply cant tolerate lies and incompetence.

Your protection of males that run a train on one girl tell a story about you Barn Burner. Not pretty.

Only slightly less lame than the "don't feel badly for him because he has a lot of money" argument.
The comparison to Limegrover not being renewed before the bowl game and Claeys being lied to and openly mistreated is just wrong. There is no comparison.

Claeys should feel fortunate that he even got to be head coach for a year. The exact circumstances that were in place when he was hired was the only way he gets that job. Kill suddenly resigns for health reasons and an interim AD, of course they go with the safe selection and keep the interim-HC as the permanent HC. If there had been a permanent AD in place Claeys would not have been made HC.

He's a good coordinator, he'll find work soon enough and I can't feel bad for a guy that made a million last year.

Rock solid points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your protection of males that run a train on one girl tell a story about you Barn Burner. Not pretty.

If it was non-consensual? I'm pretty sure no one's "protecting" them. If it was consensual? Absolutely, 100%, I support people's right to do what they want behind closed doors. Caring about other people's consensual sexual practices is weird.

The comparison to Limegrover not being renewed before the bowl game and Claeys being lied to and openly mistreated is just wrong. There is no comparison.
No one other than TC, Coyle, and Kaler knows exactly what was discussed in the privacy of their meetings. You've chosen to assume that everything TC says is true and accurate. Apparently, Coyle and Kaler don't see it that way. Everyone other than those three is left to speculate.
A comparison to "Limegrover not being renewed" (nice how you softened his firing) is completely comparable as posters here are sympathizing with the harsh effects of firing, not just the circumstances of his firing.
If PJ Fleck wins a ton of games, Gopher fans' will be happier and TC will be a distant memory. That's also a fact of sports and coaching.

No one other than TC, Coyle, and Kaler knows exactly what was discussed in the privacy of their meetings. You've chosen to assume that everything TC says is true and accurate. Apparently, Coyle and Kaler don't see it that way. Everyone other than those three is left to speculate.
A comparison to "Limegrover not being renewed" (nice how you softened his firing) is completely comparable as posters here are sympathizing with the harsh effects of firing, not just the circumstances of his firing.
If PJ Fleck wins a ton of games, Gopher fans' will be happier and TC will be a distant memory. That's also a fact of sports and coaching.

My feelings about TC being let go are much less about the fact it happened, and much more to do with how it was done. When TC let Limey go, he did it as soon as he could and prior to the bowl game so that Limey had the best opportunity to find a new gig for the following year. Though TC built a top 25 defense in the same time that Limey did very little with the offense and left the cupboard nearly bare at QB, WR and OL, TC was very respectful about the decision. Meanwhile, TC gets absolutely shafted by the administration on his way out. I will be a huge fan of PJF and our program. But what the administration publicly did to TC is classless and inexcusable.

My feelings about TC being let go are much less about the fact it happened, and much more to do with how it was done. When TC let Limey go, he did it as soon as he could and prior to the bowl game so that Limey had the best opportunity to find a new gig for the following year. Though TC built a top 25 defense in the same time that Limey did very little with the offense and left the cupboard nearly bare at QB, WR and OL, TC was very respectful about the decision. Meanwhile, TC gets absolutely shafted by the administration on his way out. I will be a huge fan of PJF and our program. But what the administration publicly did to TC is classless and inexcusable.

He received a parting gift of 3.1 million. That has some value.

Coyle and Kaler have spun the whole thing, starting with convienently issuing the suspensions while Claeys was away in San Diego. Your inability to see shady management in action is interesting. Perhaps you are too young to understand.
Claeys was told that he was going to be extended. That was a direct lie from his boss. Limegrover was told his extension was terminated before the bowl game in order to give him all the time available to get a new job. Claeys was honest and fair. Coyle was a liar and conniving dipsh!t.

Exactly! + 1000

Top Bottom