OT Kyle Sassack commits

Welcome! Plenty of oars available!

At minimum, we'll be the best MAC team in the B1G.

He looks like he could add 40-50 pounds. Should be a prize down the road. Fleck played 3 B1G teams this year. He knows what it takes.

Status quo. I will not complain about 9 wins next season. In fact, I expect that. We were just as little better coaching away from 13-1 this year.

It must suck to be a WMU fan. Lose your nationally renown coach and watch him poach the best part of your recruiting class before you can even get someone hired to save it.

It must suck to be a WMU fan. Lose your nationally renown coach and watch him poach the best part of your recruiting class before you can even get someone hired to save it.

They lost him so late in the process too. Most of the time, it's right after the MAC championship.

It was a perfect storm for this to suck for them (late firing, our recruiting class isn't great and we suddenly have A LOT of open scholarships related to the incident).

It looks worse than it is. Once Fleck left WMU they were likely going to lose most of these guys anyways.

They lost him so late in the process too. Most of the time, it's right after the MAC championship.

It was a perfect storm for this to suck for them (late firing, our recruiting class isn't great and we suddenly have A LOT of open scholarships related to the incident).

And their AD is out with a bad case of pneumonia. Just an awful perfect storm, hitting just a week after their greatest moment in program history.

It looks worse than it is. Once Fleck left WMU they were likely going to lose most of these guys anyways.

But now they don't have time to replace them. This is a late hiring.

Additionally, we are taking way more recruits than is typical.

Kid appears to relish "finishing" his blocks... Granted he is playing against kids smaller and less talented, but he runs them into the turf.

Kid appears to relish "finishing" his blocks... Granted he is playing against kids smaller and less talented, but he runs them into the turf.

Yeah, he seems athletic too. He reminds me quite a bit of Connor Olson, OT we signed from Monticello last year.

I find it very annoying that some seem to think that if these players committed to W. MI then they are below Big10 caliber. That they hit the jackpot being able to transfer that offer to the UofM. It's ridiculous. W. MI would not have gotten to where theyare, the record they had, without solid "football players". Furthermore, our recruiting class has leaped from something like 77 in the country to 49 with these recruits! In just the last 2 days!

Status quo. I will not complain about 9 wins next season. In fact, I expect that. We were just as little better coaching away from 13-1 this year.

A quality offense not coaching.

I find it very annoying that some seem to think that if these players committed to W. MI then they are below Big10 caliber. That they hit the jackpot being able to transfer that offer to the UofM. It's ridiculous. W. MI would not have gotten to where theyare, the record they had, without solid "football players". Furthermore, our recruiting class has leaped from something like 77 in the country to 49 with these recruits! In just the last 2 days!

Yes

How many times have we joked over the past few years about the number of guys we had in our classes with Western Michigan offers...

Anyone that is expecting anything special in recruiting at this point is fooling themselves. Fleck just has to do the best he can to cobble together a solid class for this year.

How many times have we joked over the past few years about the number of guys we had in our classes with Western Michigan offers...

Anyone that is expecting anything special in recruiting at this point is fooling themselves. Fleck just has to do the best he can to cobble together a solid class for this year.

AMEN. Seems logical but a few seem to think he should start targeting kids at other schools that he has no relationship with. He is pretty much limited to WMU commits and some committed to other schools that he developed a relationship with trying to recruit them to WMU. For this year....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMEN. Seems logical but a few seem to think he should start targeting kids at other schools that he has no relationship with. He is pretty much limited to WMU commits and some committed to other schools that he developed a relationship with trying to recruit them to WMU. For this year....

Since we get MAC talent, should we expect MAC level success against the B1G next season?

Well 5 of the 8 guys had at least one p5 offer and once Chambers commits, it'll be 6 out of the 9, some of them with multiple. 3 of the the 9 have offers from either Louisville or Ole Miss.
You get what you can get. I'm just tempering the unrealistic giddiness of people who cheer on the fact that a warm body is coming to UMN.

Since we get MAC talent, should we expect MAC level success against the B1G next season?

Well, for starters you could open your mind to the idea that recruiting rankings aren't the final determination in talent. Bear with me here.... not all guys playing MAC football are unworthy of playing in the B1G. Unless, of course, you have broken down film in your determination. Please accept my apologies if you have spent hours evaluating these players. I'm sure you haven't declared them inadequate based on any less.

Top Bottom