Fleck Press Conference Thread

The way he is holding onto that podium I'm thinking he's going to end this conference by lifting the podium and smashing it over his head.

That's damn funny!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what if he said Minnesota is his dream job. No problem with it at all regardless if he meant it or not.

Going to say a lot of stuff that will have us shaking our heads. At least it appears he will be pretty entertaining if nothing else.

I can only assume he has a luncheon planned for Gopherholers. Probably at the Elite Cafe off of Fillmore on the east side of town.

He will likely "win" every press conference he ever participates in.

He eats difficult conversations for breakfast......does he crap Title IX?

That was funny right there!! That made me belly laugh and cry! Favorite post all time on Gopherhole!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite the press conference. So what if it's 20 below outside, I think I'll go run for 10 miles or so followed by a bunch of wind sprints.

We got that Xanax ring shut down just in time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I missed the presser...is he keeping the brown "Loafer" or "I let my teammates down" t-shirt shtick?

if not, where can I guy pick one of those up?

One thought that I have following the press conference is that this guy will NOT allow a populus to NOT pay attention to this team and university. And I like that.

I missed the presser...is he keeping the brown "Loafer" or "I let my teammates down" t-shirt shtick?

if not, where can I guy pick one of those up?

I'm sure Jerry Kill can sell you some of his leftovers.

I wonder if the first thing he did when he got off the plane was to look for a good coke dealer.

Glad he gave credit to Kill. Come back Jerry, don't be such a butt about this.

First the shirt rule, it is to damn cold in the winter time to not wear sweatshirts and layers. He is going to learn fast, Mr Fleck that today's kind of cold and nippiness is common place in January and first weeks of February. Cold weather gear is important.

Instead of insisting on a dress code for players to wear collar shirts to class, he should insist on University of Minnesota Students to quit wearing G-Damn Badger, Iowa and Nebraska gear on campus so much. Getting the lot of students to not show up in pajamas now a days is a bit of a stretch.
That should be the first priority of business addressing the student body from Wisconsin about wearing all of that fricking Badger or the Iowa students wearing Iowa Hawkeye gear.

The players are working for free, not all of them have wealthy parents and wear the warm up gear and free clothing a lot for a reason.
The collar shirt rule is stupid, office dress is even more casual now then that. A dude in a collar shirt and sagging a$$ sweatpants isn't any more ideal than a dude in a sweat shirt and jeans. I get the coach want's a business like approach, but that is silliness requiring a collar shirt.

3edc7657fcc17e48588322e0c4deb149.jpg

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Good Lord....If Tim Brewster and Jerry Kill had a baby and you replaced his formula with pure, uncut cocaine....You'd get PJ Fleck :)

LMAO, YES!!!

I was trying to think of a way to describe what I'd experienced of Coach Fleck watching that. "Intense" doesn't begin to describe that guy. And there's no way coffee is strong enough to fuel that...

Oh, and props to the guy who said he needs a cigarette after that too, lol. I've never smoked and I'm rigth there with you.

+1

If he wins here they will build a statue. Just calm down a little.

I dont think he'd want a statue - too stationary. The guy might want one of these instead:

wacky.jpg

Fleck is going to be on KFAN momentarily

First the shirt rule, it is to damn cold in the winter time to not wear sweatshirts and layers. He is going to learn fast, Mr Fleck that today's kind of cold and nippiness is common place in January and first weeks of February. Cold weather gear is important.

Instead of insisting on a dress code for players to wear collar shirts to class, he should insist on University of Minnesota Students to quit wearing G-Damn Badger, Iowa and Nebraska gear on campus so much. Getting the lot of students to not show up in pajamas now a days is a bit of a stretch.
That should be the first priority of business addressing the student body from Wisconsin about wearing all of that fricking Badger or the Iowa students wearing Iowa Hawkeye gear.

The players are working for free, not all of them have wealthy parents and wear the warm up gear and free clothing a lot for a reason.
The collar shirt rule is stupid, office dress is even more casual now then that. A dude in a collar shirt and sagging a$$ sweatpants isn't any more ideal than a dude in a sweat shirt and jeans. I get the coach want's a business like approach, but that is silliness requiring a collar shirt.

They Make Collar Golf Shirts that are dry fit now. Relax

His response to the KSTP sexual assault question was a master class. Tim Brewster would've fell right over his shoes on that one.

I think you're sort of missing the point. The point Fleck was trying to make was that football players are going to be known in a positive light around campus. I for one love the idea of making players sit in the front row of class and dressing somewhat nicely. Believe it or not, but professors notice that kind of stuff and more importantly, students notice that kind of stuff. My fraternity strongly suggests we sit in the front row in every class and a byproduct of that has been i have gotten to know everyone of my professors because I am forced to being that close in proximity. If you want students to care about this program, then players need to be likable. Half of the people that I know that never attend games have a perception that all players are jerks who cheat and don't try in class.

I like a super positive guy, but he is over the top.

The dream job stuff made my teeth itch and the talk about how he is a solutions guy and he is going to fix everything for everyone. . . I was like, wow.

But someone made a good point yesterday, a lot of good coaches have huge egos.

Yeah, it was a bit much. What was the line about the practices and was it the team meetings? It will be the most unique experience of your life. Really?

Top Bottom