How much longer till we bring back our uniforms?

Governor Sibley

Section 109 Row 21
Reaction score
Three years on the joke is over. Ha-ha. Hilarious prank.

Can we have our home uniforms back now? It's not remotely funny any more.

Brewster could win the Rose Bowl and I would never forgive him for this.

Don't even try disagreeing with me. Not in the mood.

217715.jpg

Wacker uniforms are the best. Ive heard plenty of people say they hate them... but i dont get it. Best Gopher uniforms ever were worn during the Wacker years. Not even close.

I still like the ones we wore against NDSU (the game we won)
I'd like to see those once or twice a year.

I'm with Studwell - the Mason-era maroon jersey over gold pants are the best. See pic of Marion Barber. Outstanding, clean, and classic.

and while they're at it, bring back the helmets

leather-helmet.gif

Studwell, I have to agree with you. However, the colors of the new era (browner maroon and the gold-speckled helmets) are an improvement over your Barber pic.

Studwell, I have to agree with you. However, the colors of the new era (browner maroon and the gold-speckled helmets) are an improvement over your Barber pic.

Yes, yes, yes. +1000. Ultimately I don't care what home uni's we wear but if we went back to the maroon top gold pants then I'd want the new colors to remain.

And I happen to love the all white road uni's too.

I would love to see Mason era design with updated colors and helmet, and never monochromatic unis ever again. The pants should be a different color than the jerseys. As for the shoes, I kind of like the white.

Everyone is way off base on this new maroon shade, its terrible, we need the old maroon back. Bring that Mason era uni's back!!! They are old school in style too, something that will stand time, we need that, the new designs will get old as new trendy styles go in and out.

I hated the thought of new uniforms when I first heard of them, but upon further review these jersey's are by far an upgrade...especially in the color. The old maroon was USC, the new maroon is the U of M.
I just wish they had black shoes.....

I personally liked the gold on maroon uni's they wore against Cal. The white on white roads are fantastic as well.

when you jerk around with uniforms too much....

....it smells of desperation, like you're grasping for some sort of edge, or even an
identity.

Look at the great long-term programs: Penn State, Ohio State, Alabama, Texas,
Oklahoma, Nebraska, USC.....uniform changes are subtle and small, if even at all.
Don't even get me started on what Michigan did.

Mason's unis were the best. They could have stayed with those for another 100 years.

....it smells of desperation, like you're grasping for some sort of edge, or even an
identity.

Look at the great long-term programs: Penn State, Ohio State, Alabama, Texas,
Oklahoma, Nebraska, USC.....uniform changes are subtle and small, if even at all.

It seems to work for Oregon!!

Studwell, stop. Please. I'm a classic traditionalist as far as uni taste goes (absolutely loved the previous revsion), but our current unis are the best we've had. I thought I'd hate them, but they are great. Gold top combos need to be used more, though.

i want the gold pants on the road with the white jersey's, just to see what these new uni's would look like. HATE the all golds.

Today's uniforms and their combos are too cutesy. Does Brewster think we are really on the edge of our seats every time they come out of the tunnel, anxiously waiting on what color combo they chose for the game?

"Oh honey, look how cute the Gophers are today, they went with all the all-gold look this afternoon!"

Today's uniforms and their combos are too cutesy. Does Brewster think we are really on the edge of our seats every time they come out of the tunnel, anxiously waiting on what color combo they chose for the game?

"Oh honey, look how cute the Gophers are today, they went with all the all-gold look this afternoon!"

Something tells me he doesn't care what the fans think. This is about what the players and recruits think.

You've got to be kidding if you're putting Oregon in the same echelon as the programs he mentioned.

They are recently. Oregon is a program that has put together a good string of seasons. Concurrent to the recent success is the program's move towards getting all Phil Knight-ish with the new uni's and insane locker room facilities.

Studwell, stop. Please. I'm a classic traditionalist as far as uni taste goes (absolutely loved the previous revsion), but our current unis are the best we've had. I thought I'd hate them, but they are great. Gold top combos need to be used more, though.

Really? I think the newer uniforms look like they were designed by a contestant from Top Design. Studwell is correct.

The one glaring problem with the uniforms under Mason was the tiny "M" on the helmets. I'd be fine with going back to the old uniforms if we could keep the current helmets.

Top Bottom